Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone know any good MMORPGS to play?

Options
  • 25-11-2015 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello all,
    I'm currently looking for a preferably F2P MMORPG and was curious if anyone has any idea's of any relatively new ones? (Under a year old.)
    Thank's all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Black Desert Online is buy to play like Guildwars 2 unlike Rift, Neverwinter and Star trek online which are free to play :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭wayne040576

I'll second Tree of Savior for the free option (once the free build is officially released). I bought the early pack and while I haven't played a lot (see below for reason) I thought it was pretty good.

But Black desert Online would be my number 1 suggestion. I know it's 30 quid to buy but I reckon it's worth it. Look at the thread on this forum. It came out in March and I have already put 300 hours into it. I don't think I've ever put that much into any game. It's the first MMO that really clicked with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Shaneoh

Guild Wars 2 is free to play up to the expansion now I think. Worth looking into if you want. Enjoyable game. Tera is fun as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Play Elder Scrolls: Online. Just think of Skyrim, Morrowind & Oblivion with OTHER players with an active economy, PvP and PvE community. Can get it for like €10 on Kinguin these days with everything unlocked. It's very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Iv'e tried a couple of FTP games with some hits and misses. Star Trek Online was great craic, as was DC Universe online. I tried Everquest but i found the interface too archaic :(

It's not FTP, but it does have a pay once option and i'm having great fun with The Secret World and i'm finding it great fun.

You might be interested in a youtube show called MMO Grinder. He specializes in pretty in-depth reviews of free to play MMO's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Iv'e tried a couple of FTP games with some hits and misses. Star Trek Online was great craic, as was DC Universe online. I tried Everquest but i found the interface too archaic :(

It's not FTP, but it does have a pay once option and i'm having great fun with The Secret World and i'm finding it great fun.

You might be interested in a youtube show called MMO Grinder. He specializes in pretty in-depth reviews of free to play MMO's

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭sqdz

Heya,

Not available at the moment (beta in korea) : Lost Ark Online.

It's a hack'n'slash MMORPG, trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SQzum0awnI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

sqdz wrote: »
    Heya,

It's a hack'n'slash MMORPG, trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SQzum0awnI
    Stinks of Black Desert to me should do well here :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭wayne040576

sqdz wrote: »
    Heya,

I've been keeping an eye on it. It gets a lot of coverage from some of the mmo youtube channels.

- Black Desert
    - Chronicles of Elyria
    - Camelot Unchained
    - Dark & Light
    - Lost Ark Online
    - Wizard Online (MMO in VR, joke ;) )

Both are currently in development/beta test.

Enjoy !

• Advertisement

I up the thread, Revelation Online in beta closed probably this month https://ro.my.com/fr

revelation-online-running.png

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭paulheu

Hello all,
    I'm currently looking for a preferably F2P MMORPG and was curious if anyone has any idea's of any relatively new ones? (Under a year old.)
    Thank's all.

Maybe give EVE online a try, as of today it is Free to play (well actually Fremium, but as we have found out on the F2P account it is very playable).

Create and account here and if you are interested, come hang out when I stream the New Player Experience on Twitch tomorrow!

Advertisement