Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to play for the Boards Football Team

• 08-02-2016 12:44pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Summer Season starting around April.
    60 minute matches on Tuesday evenings usually starting around 7pm/8pm/9pm in Dundrum/Sandyford/Knocklyon
    No training - just one match a week
    Full 11 aside matches with referee
    Astro pitches - astro boots advised.

Stick your name and position(s) below!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ladyswell utd

Summer Season starting around April.
    60 minute matches on Tuesday evenings usually starting around 7pm/8pm/9pm in Dundrum/Sandyford/Knocklyon
    No training - just one match a week
    Full 11 aside matches with referee
    Astro pitches - astro boots advised.

Stick your name and position(s) below!

I would be intrested, what level is it at. I use to be very decent but had some major injuries which means I'm no where near my previous standard. I can play anywhere through the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

I would be intrested, what level is it at. I use to be very decent but had some major injuries which means I'm no where near my previous standard. I can play anywhere through the middle.

It's officially 'social' standard but there's some very good teams in the league and we hope to be one of those ourselves. Sounds like you should definitely come down for one of our pre-season friendlies which we hope to have in March.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

I'd be keen again, played a couple of games for ye last time round

guile4582 wrote: »
    I'd be keen again, played a couple of games for ye last time round
    Heya.
    Friendly is 14th March at 9pm in Benildus. Let me know if you'll be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Pittsy

Hey @Mousewar

I messaged @helimachopter & @Baldy Conscience last week about getting a run out (I think you might have been forwarded the message). Are you still looking for players? If you are I'm available

Name: Barry
    Position: Full Back/Wing (I've also played centre-half but wouldn't be the tallest of lads on the pitch, if that makes a difference)

Cheers,
    Pittsy

• Advertisement

Pittsy wrote: »
    Hey @Mousewar

I messaged @helimachopter & @Baldy Conscience last week about getting a run out (I think you might have been forwarded the message). Are you still looking for players? If you are I'm available

Name: Barry
    Position: Full Back/Wing (I've also played centre-half but wouldn't be the tallest of lads on the pitch, if that makes a difference)

Cheers,
    Pittsy

Oh yes I saw that. If you're free for the friendly as per the details in my post above, come down and we'll try to get you on for a bit.

Pittsey - can you confirm if you're coming on Monday? 9pm in Dundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 thejohn0512

Hi,
    I'd be interested if your still looking for players. Played a decent standard in my younger years, still do a job though:) Generally played centre midfield, but would play anywhere!

Cheers
    John

Hi,
    I'd be interested if your still looking for players. Played a decent standard in my younger years, still do a job though:) Generally played centre midfield, but would play anywhere!

Cheers
    John

Let me know if you can come on Monday as specified. Have a good few trying out now so can't guarantee a huge amount of playing time.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 thejohn0512

Mousewar wrote: »
    Let me know if you can come on Monday as specified. Have a good few trying out now so can't guarantee a huge amount of playing time.

Great stuff. I'll be out on Monday.
    Should I arrive a good bit of time before hand?

• Advertisement

Try be there by quarter to. See you there.

Actually I see from the other thread John, you're not free Tuesdays. Our league is actually Tuesdays. This friendly is just Monday.

Mousewar wrote: »
    Pittsey - can you confirm if you're coming on Monday? 9pm in Dundrum.

hey, I'll be there.

I presume by Dundrum you mean the big pitch out the back of St Benildus?

Cheers,
    Pittsy

No idea why I said Dundrum. Yeah, it's Benildus.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭mugs11

Not sure if you're still looking for players but if so, I'd be up for playing. Striker but have played on the wing the odd time (very odd time).

Cheers, Ken.

mugs11 wrote: »
    Not sure if you're still looking for players but if so, I'd be up for playing. Striker but have played on the wing the odd time (very odd time).

Cheers, Ken.
    Come up on Monday at 9pm in Benildus and we might get you on for a bit. Cheers.

Will do, see you on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

mugs11 wrote: »
    Will do, see you on Monday.

make sure you are up mate, will give you good game time.

make sure you are up mate, will give you good game time.

Is there a game today?

Pittsy wrote: »
    Is there a game today?

No game this week. Will give you a shout for next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Hi, played in nets for you last season but was unaware it was starting back. Would love to play again.

Any game this week guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Greg12345

Hey guys? is there a spot for 1 more? i can play in defense, i have not played in yeaaars tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

Greg12345 wrote: »
    Hey guys? is there a spot for 1 more? i can play in defense, i have not played in yeaaars tho

Literally played the last game of the season last night mate

Advertisement