Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2019 Grand Slam of Darts - 9th - 17th Nov

Options
  • 17-10-2019 12:28pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The BDO have announced their picks for the 2019 Grand Slam. They have included Glen Durrant as one of their picks as well as Lisa Ashton and Mikuru Suzuki. Interesting picks!

There's no place for Leighton Bennett which is the right choice in my opinion.

The full list of the BDO picks is below:

BDO World Darts Championship 2019 Men's winner: Glen Durrant
    Women's World Championship 2019 winner: Mikuru Suzuki
    BDO World Trophy 2019 winner: Jim Williams
    BDO Men's number one: Wesley Harms
    BDO Women's number one: Lisa Ashton

Next highest ranked men's players:
    Richard Veenstra
    Dave Parletti
    Wayne Warren

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

Dave parletti
    Jesus christ i might go myself if hes going

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

EInJ7_SWwAAu-KK?format=jpg&name=small

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Group H really stands out, very tough group.

Suzuki has a slight chance of getting something but Lisa Ashton has no chance.

Willie has a good chance of getting through his group if he can regain some form, tough for Lennon though with both Wade and White in his group.

This could well be the first time that all 8 BDO players fail to get out of the group stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Tarzann

Aside from Durrant, I'd give Veenstra and Warren great chances of getting out of their groups.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Something that I heard on The Darts Show podcast yesterday hadn't occurred to me - as Glen Durrant is a BDO pick and is representing the BDO, any prize money that he wins will not count towards his PDC ranking. An interesting one!

The schedule of play is also out now:
    https://www.pdc.tv/news/2019/11/06/2019-boylesports-grand-slam-darts-schedule

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Something that I heard on The Darts Show podcast yesterday hadn't occurred to me - as Glen Durrant is a BDO pick and is representing the BDO, any prize money that he wins will not count towards his PDC ranking. An interesting one!

The schedule of play is also out now:
    https://www.pdc.tv/news/2019/11/06/2019-boylesports-grand-slam-darts-schedule

Would be a bit of a downer if he managed to get to final or win it.

Well he still gets the money :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

Since this left itv it just isnt the same
    Was my fav event of year
    The years of hanky playing wont be beat

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

People (correctly) gave out about the BBC spotters/camera-work, but Sky just managed the unique achievement of not showing us the correct segment on the last dart of a failed 9-dart attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

WTF from o connor there

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

18 players have played so far.

3 of them bdo players.......and the 3 lowest averages of the 18 averages are by the bdo players.

not one of them averaged over 89. And Wayne Mardle the man who never won a thing of note in his life calling the bdo players world class.

and people wonder why people laugh at mardle and the bdo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Poor from Lennon

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 14,684 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Anderson making bits a this lad

just shows how poor the bdo players are,wade thrashing harms.and harms playing like a pub player and hes the bdo number 1 ehhhhhh

bassy wrote: »
    just shows how poor the bdo players are,wade thrashing harms.and harms playing like a pub player and hes the bdo number 1 ehhhhhh

That was Wade third consecutive win over the "bdo #1".

The bdo are abysmal, always have been.
    Wayne mardle calling them world class is an insult to the viewers intelligence

That was Wade third consecutive win over the "bdo #1".

The bdo are abysmal, always have been.
    Wayne mardle calling them world class is an insult to the viewers intelligence

mardle can,t exactly slate them on live tv.

bassy wrote: »
    mardle can,t exactly slate them on live tv.

he does not have to slate them , just stop insisting they are world class, when its evident they are not.,

32 players played today, and the 7 lowest averages were the 7 bdo players.
    Mardle calling them world class is retarded.

He would not have to make pathetic excuse after excuse if he did not hype them to the hilt.

lewis is looking more like manley these days lol

Do all 8 BDO representatives lost on the opening day. Not a great showing although I was impressed with Suzuki.

Great performance by Willie in his win, despite the water!

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Do all 8 BDO representatives lost on the opening day. Not a great showing although I was impressed with Suzuki.

Great performance by Willie in his win, despite the water!

What water? Didn’t see Willies game

TbL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

What water? Didn’t see Willies game

TbL

Webster spilt water over his equipment apparently. I'm sure it was just an accident.

Degag wrote: »
    Webster spilt water over his equipment apparently. I'm sure it was just an accident.

Jesus Willies got water on the brain! Didn’t he also have water issues with Lewis :)

TbL

Another poor showing this afternoon from the BDO crew. Will any of them (bar Duzza) win a game?

740241-main-copy.jpg

Untitled-1-copy.jpg

In fairness to Jim Williams he played well and stopped the rot.

Parletti plays like he thinks he has no chance of winning.

Wade doing what he does best and White doing what he does best...:)

TbL

Unlucky William, good game, had chances

• Advertisement

peteeeed wrote: »
    Unlucky William, good game, had chances

Yep and a very nice 158 check out.

TbL

Advertisement