Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,634 ✭✭✭endainoz

Looks like June has yet another gig added, crowded house have added a date in king John's castle the day after Green Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Specifically acts that never played EP before as per the first line of that paragraph.

Both have that in that respect. Plenty of acts on ATN that haven't been on the Irish Festival circuit in a while like Iggy, Girlband, Diiv, Lankum, King Gizz and more

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

Both have that in that respect. Plenty of acts on ATN that haven't been on the Irish Festival circuit in a while like Iggy, Girlband, Diiv, Lankum, King Gizz and more

And ATN had 100% of its artists from 2018 never playing there before and close to that in 2019...There will be a good percentage this year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭rubick

Some possibles from this line-up?
    We Out Here Festival, Cambridgeshire, 20th-23rd August
    https://www.weoutherefestival.com/lineup/

Would be nice to see Mr. Scruff back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

rubick wrote: »

Mr Scruff's epic 4 hour jazzy DJ sets FTW.

Oh, they have Melt Yourself Down also. If they are in the first EP announcement I promise that I will not complain once about all the vapid wånk angst sh1te that is sure to be included.

• Advertisement

Steam Down as well, which would scratch that The Comet Is Coming/Sons of Kemet itch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Ah, this is Gilles Peterson's festival, which explains the excellent smell of modern UK jazz.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Just saw that David Roback has died. Sad. Mazzy Star made some beautiful music.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

endainoz wrote: »
    Looks like June has yet another gig added, crowded house have added a date in king John's castle the day after Green Day.

Looks like a lovely place to see a gig. Recommended?

Three of those have played EP. My point isn't that ATN have bad acts, many of them are great and I'd have a very entertaining weekend if there. There just clearly isn't much adventurousness amongst the booking team.

And the same may prove to be true re EP in two weeks.

And I don't think any of us have anything more to add to this, do we? We'll probably bore ourselves as well as everyone else here.

Personally I just want everyone to enjoy every festival and gig they're heading to. The more we do, the more cash the acts get, the more bands we get coming here. Long may it last.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Wow. That's a downer of a list. Tame Impala and Foals and nowt else for me. Some of the guesses seem a bit off and Michael Kiwanuka definitely ain't playing. Can I pretend I didn't see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I know he probably went into the larger acts there but if he was right with most of them it would make me feel a bit better about not going. I have a feeling that the RATM booking will be to appease the guitar fans and older crowd, but I think the lineup in general has the potential to be VERY pop-py!

Wow. That's a downer of a list. Tame Impala and Foals and nowt else for me. Some of the guesses seem a bit off and Michael Kiwanuka definitely ain't playing. Can I pretend I didn't see that.

OK, I need a few Boardsies to help me with a project - I want a row of us down the front for Myley Cyrus, spelling her name out in letters on our chests, taps aff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I wouldn't read too much into it. I mean, he says:
    we’ve been perusing and double checking the schedules and background of currently touring artists around Europe and the UK in the weeks in and around the dates of September 4th to 6th taking into account that EP is a Festival Republic-run festival, in order, to make an educated guess of who might feature at Stradbally this year. For the fun.

Those guesses are barely any more educated than most of the generic punts we make on here each week!

He will, without a doubt, get 2/3 right and can call it as a win but I get the impression that Nialler isn't as well connected as Jim Carroll used be, for example. Jim would have the whole line-up rumbled and announced on Twitter days before an official announcement!

Liam Gallagher, Miley Cyrus, Nile Rodgers & Chic, Disclosure, Two Door Cinema Club all make a lot of sense given their profile, availability and the type of acts who have played in prominent slots in recent years.

Tame Impala and Foals too - the former might just be out if their tour ends in early August, or they might announce another few shows in the next few weeks - and if we put weight in the FR-booked events crossing over, then Denzel Curry, Walking on Cars and Mabel are all at Lollapalooza Berlin too.

Could also see some of the absolute dirge off Reading & Leeds seep through too.

EDIT: I guess what I mean is that this piece appears to be based on the same insight we have - who else is around? - rather than insider info.

Miley is a long way off my cup of tea but I thought she was great at Glasto last year. Ditto Stormzy. One of those with either Tame Impala or Foals alongside RATM and they will have done very well. Once they look after the under card. There's no Cure or Depeche Mode or whatever on the circuit out there at the moment. I've resigned myself to a year without a main stage highlight for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭maximoose

Jaysus, I was selfishly hoping EP wouldn't land Tame Impala and holding out for a Malahide gig instead - didn't realise they've announced all the Malahide Castle acts, some utter dross there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

I'm not going and would prefer no more FOMO than I'm experiencing already with Rage and RTJ, so I hoping no Tame Impala.
    0therwise, would be delighted to see that list from nialler9s site. ****e altogether.

Can I be the first to thank Turtle and Ferris for their good wishes. Good to know you guys are still rooting for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Nothing personal.

Or maybe it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

:pac: first year not going since I first went. Couldn't be dealing with the FOMO if the lineup was to be unbelievable! But I won't begrudge ye a few decent acts ;) still following the thread closely as ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

I can't help thanking my lucky stars that Nialler9 is not the organiser. Great respect for his work, but this is straight down the middle of the popular (as opposed to pop music) route, in terms of guessing.

Personally, there would be nothing there for me, and that's why the undercard is a much appreciated item in EP. I actually do have faith that EP (even though I feel they're changing) wouldn't be this neutered.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

He will, without a doubt, get 2/3 right and can call it as a win but I get the impression that Nialler isn't as well connected as Jim Carroll used be, for example. Jim would have the whole line-up rumbled and announced on Twitter days before an official announcement!
    agreed, Nialler regularly has stuff up on his site several hours or even days after it's posted on here. Jim Carroll, as much of an arse he could be, had great contacts and was well able to get exclusives and insider info before anyone else knew about it.
    There's a few others that post articles on his site too, and seem to post most of the news anyway!

I wouldn't read too much into it. I mean, he says:

Those guesses are barely any more educated than most of the generic punts we make on here each week!

Liam Gallagher, Miley Cyrus, Nile Rodgers & Chic, Disclosure, Two Door Cinema Club all make a lot of sense given their profile, availability and the type of acts who have played in prominent slots in recent years.

Tame Impala and Foals too - the former might just be out if their tour ends in early August, or they might announce another few shows in the next few weeks - and if we put weight in the FR-booked events crossing over, then Denzel Curry, Walking on Cars and Mabel are all at Lollapalooza Berlin too.

Could also see some of the absolute dirge off Reading & Leeds seep through too.

EDIT: I guess what I mean is that this piece appears to be based on the same insight we have - who else is around? - rather than insider info.

Nialler reads boards no doubt. I think Jim Carroll didn't tweet headliner's since 2013, I could be wrong. I remember how he used to break down the lineup and go on about how much he doesn't like Ocean Colour Scene.

Looks like a lovely place to see a gig. Recommended?

Have never been but I've heard good things about it alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

OK, I need a few Boardsies to help me with a project - I want a row of us down the front for Myley Cyrus, spelling her name out in letters on our chests, taps aff.

Can we not just spray paint or glitter up a bunch of space hoppers and go buck nekkid like she did in her video?

Can we not just spray paint or glitter up a bunch of space hoppers and go buck nekkid like she did in her video?

I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Mucker46

maximoose wrote: »
    Jaysus, I was selfishly hoping EP wouldn't land Tame Impala and holding out for a Malahide gig instead - didn't realise they've announced all the Malahide Castle acts, some utter dross there

Agree re malahide. Tame Impala at Point last year up there as ine of my gigs of the year so would love to see them at EP

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Agree re malahide. Tame Impala at Point last year up there as ine of my gigs of the year so would love to see them at EP

Just checked. Lewis Capaldi. Ouch! Several there thankfully off the EP list.

• Advertisement

I'm up for that, bewilderingly. But going by that spelling Rubick, we'll not be letting you do the painting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement