Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All Together Now 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

showpony1 wrote: »
    seems a bit pathetic - they are just saying same capacity but more gardai directing. not sure how queues will be reduced.

Ah they have about 11 months to figure something out, it won't be such a mess next time.

Same capacity is nice though!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

how exactly will last year issues be rectified?
    have they reduced capacity?

Loads of time to figure that out

• Registered Users Posts: 18,391 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Loads of time to figure that out

There was loads of time to figure it out the first time as well!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Limestone1

seems a bit pathetic - they are just saying same capacity but more gardai directing. not sure how queues will be reduced.

Don't send everyone through Carrick is a fairly straightforward solution

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭beecee

More parking attendants and not directing cars one by one will make a big difference!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Having some people actually directing the traffic should make a noticeable difference. Keeping road closures in place.

Also managing the car park better would be hugely beneficial. Just fill it from back to front rather than whatever random allocation and directing cars one by one to free spots all over the place that really slowed it down.

Portlaw residents might be open to being used as a hub/drop off point this time around as they ended up worse off this time around.

There are lots of simple changes they could enact.

Charging for parking wouldn't be the worst idea either to encourage sharing, and getting people on busses

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Is the R word allowed here?!?!

Rick Astley? Hot off his Dave Grohl team-up?

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

I, for one, will be taking matters in to my own hands if I do end up going in 2020.

Stay with friends in the area, go down the night before and be there for gate opening. No way in hell am I sitting in the car for over 9hrs again coming from Galway.

Might also end up selling the ticket if I'm not confident in chapter 3. Seems to be huge interest again anyway..

That said, I seriously don't think the same thing will happen, at least not at this scale. It was a PR fiasco for ATN and I'd imagine local communities will have had a lot to say about it as well.
    I dare say they won't get the licence for next year unless council and locals are confident ATN have a handle on things.

alastair wrote: »
    Rick Astley? Hot off his Dave Grohl team-up?

I've been wondering what the poster was referring to with the R word...

Chance would have it I'm actually going to see Rick Astley at a festival in Gibraltar. Going with my middle aged mother and her friends :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭mojesius

I get paid in 5.5 hours and will have my finger on the button as soon as wages hit my bank account :)

Might buy a campervan ticket as we're thinking of going all posh and hiring one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

I certainly like the idea of not increasing the capacity, but I'd love if they doubled the amount of food vendors. There was plenty of space around the main house this year that could have been allocated better.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

blaa85 wrote: »
    I certainly like the idea of not increasing the capacity, but I'd love if they doubled the amount of food vendors. There was plenty of space around the main house this year that could have been allocated better.

I missed the buzz around the house this year. last year it was the center of everything and this year it was eerily quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Absolutely dreaming when I say this but with Tool releasing a new album..... ??

If they play Ireland itll be a solo gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Ah they have about 11 months to figure something out, it won't be such a mess next time.

Same capacity is nice though!

Same capacity is the absolute minimum I would have expected. It would've been outrageous if they'd increased capacity after last year.

Most people in the aftermath were staying it's a foregone conclusion that they'll have to reduce capacity next year but obviously time is a healer because they've all gone very quiet

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Friendly Fires just announced a new album, and are a pod friendly band. Might be a good shout for ATN 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭showpony1

It seems incredible to me anyone who was involved in that traffic jam this year would have prepaid in August 2019 to them again

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

Tier 2 sold out now also?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Tier 2 sold out now also?

Seems like they've moved to tier 3 @199.50

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Got onboard this morning since I got paid. I have hopes that the lineup will be consistent with previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

It seems incredible to me anyone who was involved in that traffic jam this year would have prepaid in August 2019 to them again

They said they'd sort the traffic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Aiken of Aiken promotions was on the late late one night and said something along the lines of the Irish great as they love getting drunk in a field.

My work colleague’s friends’s daughter is going to the picnic after doing her leaving cert - that is the end of the picnic for the original picnickers.

The only festival that seems to be replacing the original picnic feel is the ATN.

I think a lot of people buy tickets and worst cases scenario they will find a home for them if they can’t make it

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭gkhant

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Aiken of Aiken promotions was on the late late one night and said something along the lines of the Irish great as they love getting drunk in a field.

My work colleague’s friends’s daughter is going to the picnic after doing her leaving cert - that is the end of the picnic for the original picnickers.

The only festival that seems to be replacing the original picnic feel is the ATN.

I think a lot of people buy tickets and worst cases scenario they will find a home for them if they can’t make it

I think you are spot on there and now with the likes of Salty Dog and Trenchtown being within the Main Arena for EP I can see that having an impact on people who were thinking about switching to ATN as it was, demand for tickets may increase...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Friendly Fires just announced a new album, and are a pod friendly band. Might be a good shout for ATN 2020

they'd be great, although they're playing here in November and it's with MCD:
    https://www.ticketmaster.ie/friendly-fires-dublin-04-11-2019/event/180056EFF7F16A67

Album is great, perfect sunny weekend music :D

https://open.spotify.com/album/1rt1wud5H03IsmAx29ysJp?si=cFUjl2JTR42oobIRhl4IjA

People process trauma differently.

I spend a total of 16 hours in the car which should've been 6. It had a profound effect on how we enjoyed the weekend. I'm not sure I'll go back. If I do, it'll be at a different time and for a great line up

I'm definitely not going back for 220euro plus fees. So I got tickets yday at 190, for two of us that's a 60 euro saving if we decide to go. Or a 60 euro profit if we decide to sell...

It's literally an investment.

I'm hopeful ATN will make things right though, because theres not much wrong with the festival itself. Quality tunes, quality location, quality crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

I spend a total of 16 hours in the car which should've been 6. It had a profound effect on how we enjoyed the weekend. I'm not sure I'll go back. If I do, it'll be at a different time and for a great line up

I'm definitely not going back for 220euro plus fees. So I got tickets yday at 190, for two of us that's a 60 euro saving if we decide to go. Or a 60 euro profit if we decide to sell...

I'm hopeful ATN will make things right though, because theres not much wrong with the festival itself. Quality tunes, quality location, quality crowd

You shouldn't be selling tickets at a profit. Tickets are not an investment unless you're a tout, scalper etc.

Are you?

You shouldn't be selling tickets at a profit. Tickets are not an investment unless you're a tout, scalper etc.

Are you?

Remains to be seen. Never bought tickets for things that I didnt go to.

As I said, all going well we will be in Curraghmore ourselves

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

I've no problem with early bird buyers changing their mind and selling for full value if they aren't going.

Wouldn't consider that scalping - if tickets were still available the purchaser would be paying full price. I've bought plenty of early birds at full value over the years and wouldn't have an issue with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

That was forgotten about as soon as I got in

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

The EP mentality of buying tickets to sell for profit is coming over to ATN.

• Advertisement

The EP mentality of buying tickets to sell for profit is coming over to ATN.

Never been to EP and never will either.

Do people actually read the post or do you see the word "profit" and get triggered?

As I said several times already, my intention is to go. I've been for the last 2 years and I would like to continue going. As I said, ATN18 was the best festival I ever attended and this year wasn't. I don't want to pay 220 euro after this year, but am not yet convinced enough to say that I'll definitely be going in 2020. If I dont go and sell the tickets we will have to see what happens, whether it's sold out, whether I'll even be able to sell the tickets at any price. This is the risk Ive decided to take here.

Ok done justifying myself now :) think of me what ye want.

Advertisement