Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭smallgarden

magicray wrote: »
    well done to the holiday voucher winners, still living in hope here

Has anyone any tips for twitter, I am not having any luck elsewhere so may aswell give it a go

Use general terms and switch up your search settings. I use people you follow anywhere and anyone but near you. Anyone near you doesn't work great outside of Dublin e.g. Rt win, retweet win, giveaway, giving away, competition, win tickets

Use specific terms and search for all and click latest. I sometimes have to click between top posts and latest as often no results comes up at first e.g. win rds, win aviva, win croke park, dublin premiere, ireland tickets, win one4all, win bloom, win taste, etc

I find twitter is best for winning tickets mainly. Generally there aren't many comps on twitter. I think they're migrating to Instagram but I find Twitter easier to search

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭magicray

Thanks for that smallgarden, I love winning movie previews etc

I have never searched - do you need to use # or @ to search well ?

magicray wrote: »
    Thanks for that smallgarden, I love winning movie previews etc

I have never searched - do you need to use # or @ to search well ?

I rarely to never use them. If you know of a specific movie you want to see you can search dublin/cork preview or premiere, irish premiere, etc.

Sometimes google is good too. Win tickets, competition, win plus specific term etc and limit it to past week or month and if in google.ie you can limit to pages from Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Daddydaycare1

Freetext SUMMER to 50400 ..win a BBQ with BUD

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Daddydaycare1

And
    Freetext FRIDGE to 50400 ..win a Mini Travel Fridge with BUD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭zimszimer1

And
    Freetext FRIDGE to 50400 ..win a Mini Travel Fridge with BUD

Hope you don't mind, I just copied this to the other thread, thanks.

I never win text in competitions but love entering them for some reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭thebond

I have won two text comps so far, the rugby ball with Guinness, and the €400 lastminute.ie with Tesco/Pringles

• Registered Users Posts: 39 dubs09

Does anyone know if you can enter Pigsback competitions more than once? Is it a once per day kind of thing?

dubs09 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can enter Pigsback competitions more than once? Is it a once per day kind of thing?

Ya, you can enter once per day. I've been entering for years and never won anything on it. I probably haven't been consistent enough with daily entries though.

I've seen a few on the competition thread mention pigsback wins in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭lillycakes2

Would pigsback expect you to answer daily to win? I don't think I could do that ! would wreck my head . ive never won with them either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭Gormal

I gave up on the PB ones, because I entered one and then got marketing calls from O2. Nipped them in the bud, because my number is unregistered, asked them how they got my number and to remove me from their lists or I'd report them.

Would pigsback expect you to answer daily to win? I think think I could do that ! would wreck my head . ive never won with them either

No expectations. Just the more you enter, the better the chance you have of winning. I don't have the patience either.

Gormal wrote: »
    I gave up on the PB ones, because I entered one and then got marketing calls from O2. Nipped them in the bud, because my number is unregistered, asked them how they got my number and to remove me from their lists or I'd report them.

That's dodgy. PB has been a sinking ship for a while so not too surprised to hear that.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TheJet

Has anyone received their Ticketmaster voucher from the Coca Cola comp? I’ve not got mine yet

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭cbee20

TheJet wrote: »
    Has anyone received their Ticketmaster voucher from the Coca Cola comp? I’ve not got mine yet
    Email you get after you reply to confirm that you want to claim your prize states that you'll receive the voucher within 28 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭macguru

cbee20 wrote: »
    Email you get after you reply to confirm that you want to claim your prize states that you'll receive the voucher within 28 days.

Yes, both myself and the better half, one took three weeks the other took almost a month.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Cal04

Anyone see a comp to win Gucci sunglasses, got a pair in the post but didn't order them, wondering if I won them..

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭magicray

Cal04 wrote: »
    Anyone see a comp to win Gucci sunglasses, got a pair in the post but didn't order them, wondering if I won them..

Well done, I don't remember that one myself but nice surprise for you

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Gangu

Nice problem to have 😎

Did you order anything recently. I got a pair of fake raybans when I ordered shoes from what turned out to be a sketchy site. It was tracked post to prove they'd sent the package

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Earnshaw

Does anyone have insider knowledge about these competitions - specifically I'd like to know do you have a better chance of winning if you are signed up to marketing emails etc.. I use a dedicated email for the comps so I could probably be ticking those boxes

Earnshaw wrote: »
    Does anyone have insider knowledge about these competitions - specifically I'd like to know do you have a better chance of winning if you are signed up to marketing emails etc.. I use a dedicated email for the comps so I could probably be ticking those boxes

I tick them and I don't see any difference (apart from getting a lot of emails). You can always unsub later. But it's a good way to find out about subscriber only comps.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 blackro12345

The Rte competition for Ireland football tickets is finished or is it?

The Rte competition for Ireland football tickets is finished or is it?

if you mean this one Competition lines are now open and will close at midday on Monday, July 29th 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭lillycakes2

I wish the RTE ones wernt so hard to win !

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Gangu

I wish the RTE ones wernt so hard to win !

Or so expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Hi,

Just throwing it out there. Any Coke, Coke Zero, Fanta, Dr.Pepper drinkers out there not interested in the Premier League codes. If you’re not using them I’d love to claim your codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,663 ✭✭✭Worztron

Hi. Are there any links to competitions where you pay? For example, €100 to play for a chance to win a house, etc? Cheers.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ZombieMed

• Advertisement

Worztron wrote: »
    Hi. Are there any links to competitions where you pay? For example, €100 to play for a chance to win a house, etc? Cheers.

WIN a brand new semi-detached home worth over €400,000 in Maynooth, Co. Kildare!

A brand new, 2-bedroom apartment in Ballintemple, Cork

(182) Nissan Leaf EV FULLY ELECTRIC Car worth over €30,000

I take it you're not wanting a heifer or a bull :D

There is also a facebook page with pay to enter comps for Ireland, but I can't mind the name of it. I gave it a miss, feels like a pyramid sort of thing and I'm pretty sure there is a website like that too.

Advertisement