Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

random stuff we likey!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Vanilla Coke... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... me and a friend just bought a case of it each (had to import it) and it was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo worth it!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

A day of horror movies I havent seen! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Had myself a job interview this morning, 2 hours later I have 2 job offers on the table :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Vonga

The popping noise a fruice bottle or jam jar makes when opened for the first time and melting a bar of chocolate between my legs and eating the chocolate all melty!:)

I get the fruice bottle and the jam jar popping but that thing with the chocolate is just plain weird!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

At lunch today, I bought a sandwich and ended up giving most of the bread to the ducks

The little ducklings are getting big compared to just a few weeks ago! :)

I was trying to make sure the ducklings got most as the drakes are bigger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Vonga

At lunch today, I bought a sandwich and ended up giving most of the bread to the ducks

The little ducklings are getting big compared to just a few weeks ago! :)

I was trying to make sure the ducklings got most as the drakes are bigger

I used to take my son into Stephen's Green to feed the ducks when he was little. Between fending off the seagulls, pigeons and other assorted bully-birds and stopping my son from eating the stale bread himself, it was an excusion fraught with stress! On a similar note, watching the rush-hour traffic at the Leeson Street corner of Stephen's Green come to a halt to let a mother duck and 4 ducklings cross the road, aided and abetted by men in suits and women with power shoulderpads, was little short of amazing! Go, ducks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Vonga wrote: »
    I used to take my son into Stephen's Green to feed the ducks when he was little. Between fending off the seagulls, pigeons and other assorted bully-birds and stopping my son from eating the stale bread himself, it was an excusion fraught with stress!

Ah lovely.
    There's certainly a bit of bullying going on when you feed the ducks. The big drakes would just push the ducklings out of the way. So I make fake throws to distract them and then get the bread to the ducklings and their mother
    On a similar note, watching the rush-hour traffic at the Leeson Street corner of Stephen's Green come to a halt to let a mother duck and 4 ducklings cross the road, aided and abetted by men in suits and women with power shoulderpads, was little short of amazing! Go, ducks!

Go for a spin to Portmarnock. Before you enter the village coming from Baldoyle there is a bridge over a marsh and stream and the place is full of ducks.
    Cars stop all the time and you'll see ducks waddling across the road, cutest thing ever.
    And even when it's all rush, rush, rush in Ireland, brilliant to see people take a minute and give way in their cars and jeeps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

There are so many random things making me happy... And it's always the little things in life bringing me most joy :o

Pastry with blue berries and jelly
    Coming up with new fancier curse words
    Tweed
    Ginger bread hyenas
    Left side traffic
    Sunshine
    Male choirs
    Breakfast buffets
    Luxurious bathrooms
    Sheep
    Holding hands
    Fairy tales
    Shiny Christmas tree balls

Having internet and my laptop! :D
    It may sound simple but its so great to have these during these dark times of mine, when im feeling bad i can browse boards, fb, etc and feel good again even if its just momentarily, it counts! :)

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

At the mo... its working outdoors:D..glorious sunny mornings, clear blue skies erupting with birdsong, a squirrel nibbling on a nut in a pine tree overhead as I plant the borders... red robins diving for breakfast as I unearth a myriad insects... fresh air to fill my lungs, sleeping like a baby, thinking positive and fighting fit and healthy!!! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭Dull and Boring

I get the fruice bottle and the jam jar popping but that thing with the chocolate is just plain weird!

I've been called worse:D

I like my chocolate soft

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Sometimes if I have a packet of buttons I sit on them and make them all melty. THEN DESTROY!

Fago! wrote: »
    Sometimes if I have a packet of buttons I sit on them and make them all melty. THEN DESTROY!

Sometimes it is like you are my long lost twin...who is older than me:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Drinking cold milk from a warm glass.

stoneill wrote: »

Done that. It's oddly comforting.
    Sometimes it is like you are my long lost twin...who is older than me:D

Am I older than you?

stoneill wrote: »

How would one warm a glass in such a manner?

Am I older than you?

I thought so. Are you not? Maybe I got confused by your wisdom

Sometimes if it's directly after being washed in wam water the glass is still warm. Then pour milk in. enjoy.

I thought so. Are you not? Maybe I got confused by your wisdom

I'm 21 next month. (btw if I don't get a happy birthday PM off all of you I will cry :( )

Random thing I likey:

1216932759LUVZO2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Eating fun size Mars bars with a cold glass of milk, but you have to eat the mars bar in a particular way. I like to nibble all the chocolate off each side and then eat the chocolateless caramel/nougat part in one bite. NYOM!

Sometimes if it's directly after being washed in wam water the glass is still warm. Then pour milk in. enjoy.

I'm 21 next month. (btw if I don't get a happy birthday PM off all of you I will cry :( )

Random thing I likey:

1216932759LUVZO2.jpg

That makes more sense alright, I had awful visions of it going in the microwave

I am 19, I knew I could feel wisdom ( *makes note to send a PM some time next month:) )

Those spaghetti hoops looks like Cheerios, I <3 Cheerios
    watna wrote: »
    Eating fun size Mars bars with a cold glass of milk, but you have to eat the mars bar in a particular way. I like to nibble all the chocolate off each side and then eat the chocolateless caramel/nougat part in one bite. NYOM!

I do that, I nibble all the chocolate off and then eat the caramel/nougat. Makes my fingers deliciously sticky

I do that, I nibble all the chocolate off and then eat the caramel/nougat. Makes my fingers deliciously sticky

Glad to hear it. My OH can't watch me because he thinks it's disgusting. :o I love when you can get one side of chocolate off in one go, without it breaking up, So satisfying!

• Advertisement

Hahaha as far as I'm concerned there is no other way to eat a Mars Bar!

I am 19, I knew I could feel wisdom ( *makes note to send a PM some time next month:) )

Those spaghetti hoops looks like Cheerios, I <3 Cheerios

Ah yeah I remember you're 19 now.

Thanks. :) i'll find out your birthday and send you a happy birthday PM.

Glad to hear it. My OH can't watch me because he thinks it's disgusting. :o I love when you can get one side of chocolate off in one go, without it breaking up, So satisfying!

That is like a victory over the bar when you do that. And also when all the caramel stays stuck to the nougat instead of trying to attach to the chocolate
    Hahaha as far as I'm concerned there is no other way to eat a Mars Bar!

Ah yeah I remember you're 19 now.

Thanks. :) i'll find out your birthday and send you a happy birthday PM.

I'll send you a warning PM in advance and then act all surprised when I get the real one:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Glass just out of a dishwasher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Malgosia

I love the bird song outside my window right now :)beautiful!

Ice-cream cone on a hot day:D

I had a packet of minstrels last night that I'd been saving for ages. Ate them straight out of the fridge and they were so crunchy and delicious. I'm coming home for a visit soon and I'm going to bring back a suitcase of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Malgosia

So happy because I could see the real owl today - the first time in my life :D
    Everytime I tried to take a picture of him he gave me this look and I absolutely loved it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

My sisters facebook status updates!

"Daddy went crazy today and changed around the Worktop Savers in the kitchen. I don't know what to do. I just walk around the kitchen in a daze. Not knowing where I am. Or who I am..."

:D:D

• Advertisement

Choc chip cookies and chick flicks! :D

Oh and going to see Bridesmaids, what a savage movie!!

Advertisement