Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you see yourself doing in 5 years time?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

Hopefully finished Journalism and new media in UL, and be back doing a postgrad in something...

I was doing HPSS there until November(I dropped out)....I could have been in some of your lectures:)small world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Working.
    Have a degree (perhaps doing a Masters?).
    Enough money to not have to worry about "can I afford X".
    Enough free time to actually enjoy myself.
    Regular sex with a supermodel (I suppose I'd settle for a nice relationship with some nerd though).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,464 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I was doing HPSS there until November(I dropped out)....I could have been in some of your lectures:)small world.

Well I havent started the course yet.....lmao! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

Well I havent started the course yet.....lmao! :D

dam! For a second there I thought I might know you...I know loads of lads doing that course(they all love it by the way:))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Ideal scenario:
    Be gigging regularly with my band, hopefully earning money from it.

Second choice scenario:
    Decent job, a place to call my own, possibly a girlfriend, and to just be happy.

Most likely scenario:
    Living the same mundane life I'm living now, in a crap, boring job that makes me want to die every morning I get up to go to work, no girlfriend, scowling at all the happy people who seem to be rubbing their fantastic lives in my face.

Either that or to be an astronaut :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

A Neurotic wrote: »
    I'll be an intern in St James' Hospital, hopefully :eek:

Scary :p Due to pre-med, I won't have stepped into the big bad world just yet, I'll be in final med :D (hopefully...)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Hopefully Ill be healthy and happy.
    In Australia or America.
    Still playing the guitar.
    Still interested in my job.
    Exploring a bit of the world here and there.
    No money worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Hopefully will have my degree, and a master's, and then will either have completed the year in King's Inns and be about to start a year devilling (following another barrister around, basically...), or I'll have done some kind of professional make-up artistry course, and will be desperately looking for someone to hire me...

Because law degrees are essential to becoming a make-up artist. >_>

I don't really know what I want, basically! I shall just see what makes me happy... Cross that bridge when I come to it, and all that! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Will have completed a Law or languages degree and be doing some postgrad

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

Because law degrees are essential to becoming a make-up artist. >_>

I thought I was bad, studying business to get into film :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Repeating 1st Arts in UCD :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

I hope to be happy and healthy, with my family and friends all still around!

I would really, really love to be on the path to entering the world of journalism or broadcasting. Something fashion or food related would be a dream.

But more realistically I will prob be finished my H.Dip and be subbing as a secondary school teacher. *sigh*

I hope money isn't a big worry and sure a nice relationship would be good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I'll be an intern in 5 years time, in either James' or Tallaght hospital. Hopefully anyway, unless I **** up along the way.
    Pulling the oul' 36 hour shifts, having no life.

The thought of it all actually makes me a bit happy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,013 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Graduated(happening this year anyway)
    have/doing a Masters, want to do Russian social history
    be a teacher to those snotty kid, hormonal brats:D History and CSPE
    see few more places around the world
    have same irlfriend as now

will be interesting few years, none more so than this one. Really hope I get to go onto the H.Dip sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

5 years? Depends whether I bail on this course or not!

Either way I still see myself in college (Masters or Phd), slowly growing to resent the time I spend there! :D

Living away from home, trying my best to be in some way happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I reckon I've got the next 2-3 years figured out. Finish college in May, work in Ireland for the summer, graduate in September, apply for TEFL work in China and the likes, come back and find a masters or phd!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

Have a degree and maybe be in further study, have a ladyfriend, kill said ladyfriend, escape to cuba, make new ladyfriend, etc, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Pipz

Hopefully me and my boyfriend will be living together, with our two dogs. I'll have a job I'm happy in, and will possibly start travelling around the world. :).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

In 5 years time.

I would like to have finished both my degree and hopefully a masters.

Also would like to find a job that I love doing and probably settle down in Ireland, after travelling the world!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

I revise my earlier post. Following events in thelalst 24 hours, in 5 years time I hope to be out on good behaviour. :(

In all seriousness I do not have a clue. Love to be doing something I enjoy but lord knows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

In my dreams i see myself no.1 golfer in the world:D

In reality I see myself on a sports scholarship in the US studying some course like...ummm...sports science?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Five years fro now I'll still only be a teen :cool:
    Errm I dont really know, maybe UL doing equine science. Be in my second year I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

with a job depressed ( as you do).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I'm not too optimistic when it comes to the future; when I try and see myself in 5 months time, I see nothing. Never mind 5 years.

The way I see it, there are 3 possibilities:
    (a) I'll be stuck in a dead end job I hate, living on my own
    (b) I'll be an unemployed waster, living at home
    (c) I'll have been hit by a bus or something, living (though not literally) in a box six feet underground

None of them sound too appealing. This is why I try to think about the future as little as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

5 years time...I'll be 19 only. Hopefully be in college and happy doing what I'm doing, and hopefully in my 2nd year. Bit early to be deciding what I want to do yet but through my older sisters and cousins I like Trinity and UCC and I think UL has a savage campus. But sure we'll see :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Millionaire maybe?
    That could work :D

But any decent job that's out there....I'd prefer something computerized/technical tho...would do :)

Else unemployments the way to go....stupid recession

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Hopefully I'll be an intern in James' and not Beaumont as it's ridiculously far away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I really have no idea.
    This time six months ago I NEVER would've thought I'd be where I am now. So to try to predict where I'll be in a period of time ten times longer than that is difficult.

I just wanna be happy. :) Finished college,maybe. Maybe in a postgrad. I'd like to have friends and maybe a boyfriend and have learned lots and have traveled a little. I'd like to be traveling. By then I hope to have visited some friends from far away places,too.

I'll be 22. And that is extremely weird to think about, because I'll be an adult and I can't envisage that. So I hope I'm doing something that puts a spring in my step and I'd like to think I'll overcome some issues in the next five years. I think if that works out, I'll be happy and that's all that matters really,whatever I'm up to. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭morningpeasant

In five years' time I'll be twenty-four, and will (hopefully) have managed to graduate with a first in either graphic design, painting, or Japanese.
    Regardless, I will hopefully be in Japan with the J.E.T program, improving my language skills and having a bloody good time while I'm at it.
    I want to remember my college years as some of the best in my life, but know that I've got many, many more exciting things ahead of me.
    I want to get a masters and PHD and enjoy the work I do for them. I want to take pride in what I do.
    I want to be excited about life, and be thankful that things are better than they were five years ago.
    I want to be living away from home (seeing as I'll be in Japan that shouldn't be too hard :P)
    I want my family and friends to be healthy and happy.
    I want to be more comfortable with myself.
    I want to have read lots and lots of book, have seen lots and lots of movies, drawn lots and lots of pictures, and talked to lots and lots of people.
    With any luck I'll have someone in my life who I feel close to and can cuddle ;)

Whether or not this will actually happen... only time will tell!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Kershaw.D

In 5 years time I see my self still sitting in a classroom only this time I will be the prick at the top of the class giving out all of the work

Advertisement