Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terminator: Dark Fate **Spoilers from post 983**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,837 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

pixelburp wrote: »
    So... ... basically, you want Battlestar Galactica. Cos... we got that. It was called Battlestar Galactica :D

you got a problem with that pal :D , with a War Games element , US military scratching their heads all the usual plot elements

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 20,878 ✭✭✭✭Stark

There should be a sexy blonde female Terminator in a red dress as well and many copies of her.

Keyzer wrote: »

Just let it die, put it out of its misery.

I can't bring myself to watch the new one after having to turn off the abomination that was the previous one after 15 minutes.

Terminator should indeed be lowered into some boiling molten steel, and we should be allowed look back on it with some affection.

But the Tentpole Terminator Teet will and shall be milked for generations to come.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Or... pull a Blumhouse / Joker and give it a small budget & hungry production team with the creative freedom to go wild. Let them do their own thing with it, and if it had a $50 million budget, the chances of success would be much higher: I might be the only one who thinks it, and have said it already way back in the thread, but I honestly believe the Terminator franchise could have a future - if they STOPPED setting it around modern-day. Overlord, but with Terminators, would be awesome.

Yeah me too.

There is some good juicy stories left to tell, they just don't involve sending more Terminators back in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Well I’m surprised cause I enjoyed the hell out of this it’s a better sequel than the old T3 at least the terminators weren’t treated like a joke in this movie and were seen as ruthless fast and straight to the kill when possible . In T3 they used the TX as a joke with a lot of gags straight out of the simpsons or something it kills the movie watching it now after T1+T2.

dark fate rounds off this as a nice trilogy for me and it looks like the franchise will be put to bed for at least a decade now anyways after the BO performance it’s a shame because it actually is a great action movie and doesn’t deserve to do as badly as it did

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Culchie_85

I really enjoyed this, it would never touch the first two but no one really expected them to.

The action scenes were good and Hamilton stole the show. Enjoyable popcorn movie.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It's only out, what, two weeks? Cos it has already left my cinema (all 9 screens of it). Between one thing and another I never got around to catching this so no wonder it flopped if it got that length of time to prove itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Culchie_85

It's only out, what, two weeks? Cos it has already left my cinema (all 9 screens of it). Between one thing and another I never got around to catching this so no wonder it flopped if it got that length of time to prove itself.

Movies that underperform in the first week or two get pulled from cinemas quicker. If cinemas aren't making money on movies they get pulled.

The Joker is still showing multiple times a day in multiple cinemas and is out much longer. Its because it is making money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Its a box office disaster, which speaks volumes. Even with three female characters in the main roles, it didn't appeal to the masses.

I think Genisys really destroyed the entire franchise, it was a complete and utter abomination. After watching that garbage, I don't blame people for not bothering to go see it.

Its a shame really, I seen T2 in a cinema in Buffalo NY the day it came out - begged my parents to let me go and they capitulated. Even as a 13 year, I knew this was something special. It literally blew me away from start to finish and, when you think back, its a simple chase film.

It was the embodiment of a Hollywood Summer blockbuster, action packed from start to finish with strong, credible characters and a simple but effective plot.

So for me, Terminator ended with T2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

New Terminator game out in the morning. Looks alright. A nice €20 game.

• Advertisement

I will say the trailers and posters are lame they don’t get the tone of the movie at all

The poster looks like a sequel to genyis

Maybe they should have just called it “Terminator”

A lot of people probably think this is the follow up from the previous movies you need to understand what’s what before seeing it

It worked for Halloween even though it’s not a remake but a sequel

Adding a throwaway name onto the title doesn’t seem to help movies I think

• Registered Users Posts: 23,433 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The official name of the first one was "The Terminator"

So you are correct they could have called it "Terminator" however the film itself would hardly be worthy of it.

This is dead and should never have become a "franchise".

Got the game last night and it's brilliant. Great fun. Put about 8 hours into it so far. They really got the tone of the first two films down and the story is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Homelander

The game? I thought there was only a mobile Dark Fate game, the new Resistance game is nothing to do with this movie though.

Homelander wrote: »
    The game? I thought there was only a mobile Dark Fate game, the new Resistance game is nothing to do with this movie though.

It's not linked to Dark Fate, but it's a prequel to T1/T2 and it was fookin' AMAZING! It leads right into the start of T1 and you get to play the full final battle and
    ends with Kyle going back and you help steal the chip and reprogram it for the T800 that goes back to fight the T1000.
    I loved it.

It's amazing how fun, sensible and creative a bunch of lads in a shed in Poland can be with Terminator compared to what Hollywood does.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    It's not linked to Dark Fate, but it's a prequel to T1/T2 and it was fookin' AMAZING! It leads right into the start of T1 and you get to play the full final battle and
    ends with Kyle going back and you help steal the chip and reprogram it for the T800 that goes back to fight the T1000.
    I loved it.

It's amazing how fun, sensible and creative a bunch of lads in a shed in Poland can be with Terminator compared to what Hollywood does.

I’m surprised you have positive thoughts about it i read it got terrible reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

9/10 from Steam reviews though.

Sounds like it's not a *great* game, pretty short, but one the fans should appreciate.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/954740/Terminator_Resistance/

I only have a Switch for gaming at the moment. Is it released in that?

biggebruv wrote: »
    I’m surprised you have positive thoughts about it i read it got terrible reviews

Yeah I will never trust a review after the likes of Death Stranding and BOTW get 10's off them. IGN gave this a 4 which is pure bollocks. It's no way a 4. It's not GOTY but it's a perfect Terminator game with a few cool mechanics. crafting is well done, the sound and music is pure T1/T2 and the atmosphere is also great. The story makes sense and while it been short I'd rather a clean and tidy short game than some dull drawn out game that makes no sense.

Edit, people ragging on its graphics seems to be okay giving Fallout 4 and all of Bethesda's games a huge pass.

Goodshape wrote: »
    9/10 from Steam reviews though.

Sounds like it's not a *great* game, pretty short, but one the fans should appreciate.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/954740/Terminator_Resistance/

I only have a Switch for gaming at the moment. Is it released in that?

Not on Switch. Just PC and the consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ronano

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Yeah I will never trust a review after the likes of Death Stranding and BOTW get 10's off them. IGN gave this a 4 which is pure bollocks. It's no way a 4. It's not GOTY but it's a perfect Terminator game with a few cool mechanics. crafting is well done, the sound and music is pure T1/T2 and the atmosphere is also great. The story makes sense and while it been short I'd rather a clean and tidy short game than some dull drawn out game that makes no sense.

Edit, people ragging on its graphics seems to be okay giving Fallout 4 and all of Bethesda's games a huge pass.

Your posts have convinced me to give it a go, I'll wait til it hits 20 quid tho

• Advertisement

ronano wrote: »
    Your posts have convinced me to give it a go, I'll wait til it hits 20 quid tho

Yeah it's def a 20-30 quid game.

Thought some lads here might like to listen to these.

Yeah 60 euro for a 6 hour game wait for a sale

• Registered Users Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Homelander

Gotta hand it to that dude who composed the soundtrack, he knew how to keep to its strengths. Really good stuff.

biggebruv wrote: »
    Yeah 60 euro for a 6 hour game wait for a sale

6 hours, lies. It took me 12 and I was fairly flying through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Homelander wrote: »
    Gotta hand it to that dude who composed the soundtrack, he knew how to keep to its strengths. Really good stuff.

The wanky Steve Vai-esque electric guitar on the first clip is awful but the acoustic guitar is really nice throwback to the T2 soundtrack :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,433 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Question: How does a scene from 1984 be better than any scene since 1992!?

Answer: The basics are right, the story is right, the screenplay is right, the tension is right, and there is no CGI. You don't need it.

Question: How does a scene from 1984 be better than any scene since 1992!?

Answer: The basics are right, the story is right, the screenplay is right, the tension is right, and there is no CGI. You don't need it.

CG isn't the enemy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,837 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

^^

if that was made now, generic teenage girl would manage to wrestle the Terminator to the ground and kick his ass before escaping :D

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement

silverharp wrote: »
    ^^

if that was made now, generic teenage girl would manage to wrestle the Terminator to the ground and kick his ass before escaping :D

It wouldn't be made now. We're in a different era. We have tech now, back in the 80's nobody thought we'd have super computers the size of a tampon haha.

Advertisement