Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Beat Saber

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

bluewolf wrote: »
    Is the scoring different or something. I got full combo ss rank on expert... That nnnnnever happens

I feel they have made it easier to hit centre on the blocks. There was one of the songs, the second one in the pack iirc, and nearly got a full 100% and SS on it on the first go, so could just be an easy map. Haven't played it since, but will keep this in mind the next time I play.

And the cars are in the background, so if you are using a custom background you won't see them. You can see them in this image.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I saw them after, i just never looked up :D

I got new hiscores on other songs despite not having played in a while so yea scoring easier

Prosecco may have helped as well...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

jayz the wrist is sore. can tell i hadnt played in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 13,614 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

jayz the wrist is sore. can tell i hadnt played in a while

ah is Littlstar back working on PSVR??

mrcheez wrote: »
    ah is Littlstar back working on PSVR??

i don't know what that is. the website isn't super helpful.
    what is it??

• Advertisement

i don't know what that is. the website isn't super helpful.
    what is it??

nsfw joke :D

mrcheez wrote: »
    nsfw joke :D

oh!!
    it was talking about a marketplace on the website and i was like what :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I saw them after, i just never looked up :D

I got new hiscores on other songs despite not having played in a while so yea scoring easier

Prosecco may have helped as well...

I find I can't play at all after a few drinks lol

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    I find I can't play at all after a few drinks lol

literally the only time i have ever managed to clear cycle hit was when i came home after the pub :o
    I played pop stars very early on on my beat saber playtime and struggled so much with expert. I remember trying expert+ a few times and thinking pff this is impossible. Grand now... It's funny

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

literally the only time i have ever managed to clear cycle hit was when i came home after the pub :o
    I played pop stars very early on on my beat saber playtime and struggled so much with expert. I remember trying expert+ a few times and thinking pff this is impossible. Grand now... It's funny

It's just how we naturally build expertise. Through experience that is, not drinking! :D

• Advertisement

Thought y'all might be interested in this: https://uploadvr.com/facebook-acquires-beat-saber/

I'm never happy when Facebook acquires anything... I just hope it will continue to put out good content, and interesting considering Sony recently disabled Facebook support for PS. Will be keeping an eye on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭circular flexing

RIP Beat Saber modding community.

ffs fb stop taking over everything

however
    Last we heard, Beat Games planned to release some 360-degree levels for Beat Saber in December this year
    omg. do i need to get a quest now??

also totally separate note but i started playing what the cat tonight. what is up with the speed of the expert+ compared to e?? i had to check i hadn't engaged fast mode!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Got this a couple of days ago and just got the custom songs setup on the quest. Has anyone any recommendations? Don't mind playing stuff I don't know if it is good fun but I'm not able to get much passed hard mode yet. My favourite so far is Boney M's rasputin. You actually end up dancing to the tune with how the blocks are laid out :D

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Got this a couple of days ago and just got the custom songs setup on the quest. Has anyone any recommendations? Don't mind playing stuff I don't know if it is good fun but I'm not able to get much passed hard mode yet. My favourite so far is Boney M's rasputin. You actually end up dancing to the tune with how the blocks are laid out :D

I think most guys here are using the PSVR version.

I have it on PSVR, but not really interested in getting for Quest, though I do want to get Pistol Whip on Quest. Looks excellent.

I think it's coming to PSVR later too.

I'd love to have the Quest to do the custom levels. I'm fair itching to play some Gloryhammer and Wind Rose songs in it, but alas, I've just got the PSVR.

But yeah, there's a few songs in there that nearly make you dance to be good at them. Loved a few parts early on in Country Rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Went back to play this after playing Audica for the last month or so and I just can't get back into it. I know they are different games but I find Audica way more enjoyable and rewarding. I've also noticed that the tracking in Audica is much better, I've always had problems with tracking in BS that I've yet to resolve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

From Beat Saber FB page. Should be interesting to see how this plays...

Some of you are asking if rotating levels are coming to PS VR.

Yes! We're bringing special 90° Levels as part of the next PS VR update! With 28 lanes of notes coming at you, it's a blast to play! Other platforms will have both 360° and 90° Levels available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

On the VR thread, just posting here also in case people following this thread specifically... Green Day songs released for PSVR today:
    American idiot
    Father of All
    Boulevard of Broken Dreams
    Holiday
    Fire Ready Aim
    Minority

€2 each or €9 for the lot.

I'm delighted. Current lineup, although fits the game style, isn't my kind of music at all. This is much better, looking forward to giving them a whirl later

• Advertisement

JimBurnley wrote: »
    OI'm delighted. Current lineup, although fits the game style, isn't my kind of music at all. This is much better, looking forward to giving them a whirl later

I'm in the opposite camp. I much prefer the Jaroslav style, and the Monstercat, etc. Greenday, along with Panic at the Disco, are just not for me. Disappointed again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

I will probably buy the green day set soon enough but I had a go of the 90 degree levels today. I bloody love em!

Omg i love the green day set and the 90 degree levels!!
    Was playing Epic earlier on it. It was epic :D

High Hopes by Panic at the disco is seriously good on 90 degree

This is gona sound so stupid but I never thought left v right handed setting made a difference other than the one saber maps. I left it on left today to try a left handed one saber, grand. Went back to burning sands and something felt off. Thought i was losing it. Turned on cycle hit and all those runs i always flubbed for no real reason and wished were flipped... Were flipped. And they're so much easier
    (i am a leftie)
    Hahah what a dope
    I might re learn the maps on left handed. Some of them at least

Is it true that the swear words are bleeped out on the Green day songs, like in American Idiot?

Yes it is true i was like wtf when i heard it

Noticed the beeping alright. I assume they'd have to change the rating of the game if they put em in

Yes it is true i was like wtf when i heard it

feck that then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I dunno if it's the same but I have played a lot of Rocksmith and their devs have always said in regards why some DLC is censored and others not it is down to the master the studio provides. Don't think DLC is rated usually...

Advertisement