Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Carton House GC

• 14-11-2019 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

I have played both courses at Carton a number of times and find them both to suit my eye.

I am thinking about joining, anyone here a member that can comment on how it is run for members? I only know one member at present.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭IITYWYBMAD

I have played both courses at Carton a number of times and find them both to suit my eye.

I am thinking about joining, anyone here a member that can comment on how it is run for members? I only know one member at present.

I'm a member, what do you want to know?

Overall, both courses are kept pristine and remedial work to the Month late last year and this year, has brought it back to it's opening quality. This time of the year, both courses are open, with the Monty playing the better of the 2. However, I played the O'Meara a couple of weeks ago, after the big downpour, and it was fine. Both courses play very long of the Whites, with the Blues only being played on the odd occasion. If you're coming from a pitch and putt course, you'll struggle :-}.

There's a plan in place to invest 50+M into the resort, which started 2 years ago. The clubhouse is one of the best in Ireland. Really good locker rooms (showers could do with an update) and the Bar/Restaurant is 5*. They also have a members area off the clubhouse bar.

Major nights, and prize givings are always good social occasions, and all of the members are quite welcoming. I joined in the last couple of years (from Killeen Castle) as it's a bit closer to home, and I've never looked back. You get complimentary membership of the GUI driving range and short practice area, with 500 balls a week allocation. Discounted family membership is available for the gym and leisure centre (I do recommend this) and if you want to stay the night in the hotel, you also can avail of discounted over nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭newindublin

IITYWYBMAD wrote: »
    I'm a member, what do you want to know?

The details you gave were very helpful insight into the club. Only one question, how are the time sheets for the weekends?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,820 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

The clubhouse is one of the best in Ireland.

I would have to disagree. I've been in a hell of a lot of golf clubs around Ireland and while it is far from the worst, it is nowhere near one of the best.

The details you gave were very helpful insight into the club. Only one question, how are the time sheets for the weekends?
    Time sheets are fine, like most clubs you have to be on early if you want a spot between 07:30 and 09:00, but no issues getting a slot, and they have a waiting list option, should your preferred time not be available.
    Seve OB wrote: »
    I would have to disagree. I've been in a hell of a lot of golf clubs around Ireland and while it is far from the worst, it is nowhere near one of the best.
    Opinions are like arseholes, in that everybody has one. I'm not sure if you've been in the clubhouse since the latest refurb and change of chef, but in my opinion, it's easily one of the best in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭newindublin

Time sheets are fine, like most clubs you have to be on early if you want a spot between 07:30 and 09:00, but no issues getting a slot, and they have a waiting list option, should your preferred time not be available.

Cheers, thanks for that. I am going ahead with the membership.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭ASBO

Cheers, thanks for that. I am going ahead with the membership.

Has the membership rate remained the same, approx €2400 per year?

Yes

Advertisement