Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Moving house looking for Advise on Set ups

• 18-11-2019 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭

Ok the joys of moving house not recommended:P

Currently with Vermin and have their router bridged to a TP Link router and everything ok. Router is upstairs and wireless around the house ok.

However moving to bigger and older house and not sure what the wifi is going to be like so I'm in the research mode before we move in etc.

New house has Vermin and like their speeds (when they are as advertised) so going to stick with them and still use the TP Link router. However when agent com's to install I will see if I can get another hardwire point downstairs so that I can connect PC for work so I don't have to rely on wifi. Upstairs will still have wifi access for phones, etc.

However I would like the option of having to restrict areas of the house with access. So I can turn of access to certain areas of the house so cannot be used at night time in that area ie Kids bedroom but can still be accessed downstairs etc by responsible Adults :D

Was looking at Google mesh but not sure that's best option?

Any other suggestions

Cheers

Advertisement