Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music Course at DKIT- Audition

• 20-08-2019 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I'm looking to do the Music course in DKIT next year, and I'am extremely anxious about the audition. The college website doesn't really give a good description of what to expect at the audition, and I don't want to email the college and bombard them with silly minor questions. Can any current or past students help?Particularly those who play drums. I plan to do 3 songs,maybe 4. I'm going to try and pick songs on 3 or 4 different instruments, but my main area of focus would be drums or bass. I am completely self taught regarding both. Particularly for drummers, are the standards very high? I play purely for my enjoyment, and I am quite weak regarding rudiments and knowing the names of different grooves. Im worried that I will be asked to perform a groove or rudiment that I do not know, and jeopardise the success of my audition.

I also am struggling to find backing tracks to my chosen songs. Is it possible for me just to play over the original recording?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Advertisement