Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

replacing a unit on an old Panasonic KX-T7730 phone system (small business)

• 07-11-2019 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭

I have a small business, took over in last few years

we have one phone line, standard Vodafone which goes to the reception phone and have 2 other phones in different offices connected to this

they are all Panasonic KX-T7730

the phone on reception needs to be replaced as physically nearly worn out

by just buying one online and hooking it up is that straightforward? (I know it's out of date system but need short to medium-term measure as cash flow not wonderful right now) - I know there is a manual online which is quite long I'm sure last time I glanced at it - could non-tech person do it handily enough?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

I see no one has replied and I'm not readily familiar with the specific telephone you have, but I'll give it a shot. Are you sure that phone is not connected to a PBX system (box on the wall) that is then connected to the vodafone telephone line?

Something like the Panasonic KX-TA624? Maybe your phone can work in standalone but I didn't think so. If it is connected to a pbx then you can fire ahead and just straight swap as it's the PBX that is programmed and not the phone.

If it is indeed just the telephone you have you would have to program the replacement phone. If so it would be just a matter of going through the settings on the phone you have, write them down, and put them in the same on the phone you get.

I'm much more familiar with the bigger KX-TDA systems unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Save yourself the hassle and just port the phone numbers to a cloud provider and disgard all this old equipment. You can then just purchase some simple Polycom VVX SIP phones and running costs for your one number would be around €30 per month.

Advertisement