Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pizza ovens

Comments

The new Gozney Dome is beautiful but not available until Spring 2022 and costs €1,099!

https://eu.gozney.com/products/dome

What a stunner!
    I think I want one:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

What a stunner!

Same... I feel an upgrade coming on!!

.... she’ll kill me!

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Pete123456

What a stunner!
    Same... I feel an upgrade coming on!!

.... she’ll kill me!

It looks fab, but you would really need a good bit of space outside for it or be able to move it to and from storage.. in an ideal world I would have a covered outdoor kitchen with prep area, I think if you’re talking making two pizzas at a time in this or 16inch pizzas, you wouldn’t be running in and out of the kitchen, but maybe you could...

Fairly pricey though! You could have a travel koda and gas, a pro with gas and most of the ooni accessories for that money!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,415 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Pete123456 wrote: »

Fairly pricey though! You could have a travel koda and gas, a pro with gas and most of the ooni accessories for that money!

And the results will be exactly the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

It looks fab, but you would really need a good bit of space outside for it or be able to move it to and from storage.. in an ideal world I would have a covered outdoor kitchen with prep area, I think if you’re talking making two pizzas at a time in this or 16inch pizzas, you wouldn’t be running in and out of the kitchen, but maybe you could...

I wonder will Ooni release something similar to compete with it

• Advertisement

The Nal wrote: »
    And the results will be exactly the same.

A Ford transit van and Ferrari do the exact same thing also,but id rather being doing it in a Ferrari ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

A Ford transit van and Ferrari do the exact same thing also,but id rather being doing it in a Ferrari ;)

What if "it" was delivering a mattress? Or a tonne of soil? :pac::D

It looks fab, but you would really need a good bit of space outside for it or be able to move it to and from storage.. in an ideal world I would have a covered outdoor kitchen with prep area,

I want to put one on the end of my kamado bench.

11.jpg

And luck with adimaria? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

hey all.

Pallas click and collect was great for getting pizza flour in bulk but alas, as many already know, they stopped that service.

Is there an alternative place to buy the proper stuff in similar quantities and pricing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Try Kells Wholemeal. I’ve bought from them a couple of times. Pricing is good and delivery is super quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭carq

Supervalu is still good i find.
    Caputo red and blue for 2 euro a KG.

Lidl also had 00 for a period for a euro but not sure on quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

I use this one from Tesco, €1 per kg.

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=306938540

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭oleras

Swung by SV yesterday evening and they had a grand range, picked up all 3. Using the Stagioni today, started last night with a preferment type dough, Biga.

This dudes recipe.

PXL_20201016_185052065.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭el_gaucho

Does anyone in Galway know if there’s a Supervalu that sells the blue Caputo?

el_gaucho wrote: »
    Does anyone in Galway know if there’s a Supervalu that sells the blue Caputo?

If you call into your local and ask nicely the manager might be willing to order for you? Sometimes they will no problem, other times you might need to be willing to buy the case at retail price, which isn’t the cheapest way...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭oleras

Picked up a couple of those rucksack covers from amazon, paid£8 for 2 of them , keep the critters out.

41-55l size i got, perfect for the Koda, for some reason they require parcel wizard today ?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B071G5VB34/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

PXL_20201019_134735275.jpg

PXL_20201019_134743936.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Crybabygeeks

Influenced by this thread.... A Karu has just been ordered seeing as we will be at home a lot for the next while! Any accessory or tips / tricks welcome. A total beginner!

And luck with adimaria? :D

Only ordered it last night as the mozzarella was out of stock and just came back into stock yesterday,the cheese and pepperoni are currently in transit and should be with addresspal tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭el_gaucho

If you call into your local and ask nicely the manager might be willing to order for you? Sometimes they will no problem, other times you might need to be willing to buy the case at retail price, which isn’t the cheapest way...

Thanks - I've just realised there's no SuperValu left in Galway city!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭scarepanda

Does anyone known if Pallas foods are planning on reopening their click and collect service again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭wandererz

Ordered a Koda 16 on 17th September.
    Delivery at that stage was showing late September.
    Then changed to mid October and then early November.

Got a text message on 26th September saying item shipped with Dpd.

Checked DPD but unrecognized number format.
    Checked online order & clicked on shipping link that led to GLS instead. Shows as data received and shipping from the Netherlands.

Looks like I will have an upgraded oven by the weekend!
    Rucksack cover already purchased for protection.
    Time to clear out the patio to make room.

Been watching ikea for an outdoor table, but they seem to have stock problems the past few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Influenced by this thread.... A Karu has just been ordered seeing as we will be at home a lot for the next while! Any accessory or tips / tricks welcome. A total beginner!

If it doesnt come with a pizza peel you'll definitely need one to launch and turn pizzas. Plus you'll need your fuel, hardwood/charcoal or both and firelighters to get it going

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭wandererz

To add to the above:

1) A launch peel (wood or metal) - usually the size of the largest pizza you can do in the oven.

2) A turning peel (metal) - to turn the pizza in the oven. May not be required if you are okay removing the pizza with the (metal) launch peel & turning by hand.

3) Infrared thermometer gun to check interior temperature

4) Rocker type pizza slicer - nice to have but not necessary

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭scarepanda

We have a Karu and the only things I would say are absolutely a necessity is a peel, we have a short handled fold away one from Amazon and it's ideal and an IR thermometer, make sure it's one that can read 500°C or higher. We have one that goes to 380/390 that is ok to give a ball park that the stone is hot enough but it can be hit a miss as to how hot the stone actually is.

Oh and one other thing, as a very handy necessity is a number of appropriate sized bowls with lids/proving tray.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

I have the Karu too, for nearly a week now. I got myself a short handled peel off Amazon and an infra red thermometer from Nisbets. The pizzas I've been producing the past few days are nothing short of phenomenal. Phen. Om. En. Al.
    Another thing, the lovely people at Ooni emailed me earlier to tell me the gas burner is back in stock. So I'll soon have the option of wood or gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

Picked up some Ndujetta Calabrese Piccante from the fridge in SuperValu. 250g for circa €5. Really good stuff.

Anyone got recommendations for a good a Pepperoni?

donnacha wrote: »
    Picked up some Ndujetta Calabrese Piccante from the fridge in SuperValu. 250g for circa €5. Really good stuff.

Anyone got recommendations for a good a Pepperoni?

Was it in the meats section with the chorizo etc? My local SuperValu is poor for niche type things...

I’ve heard good things about the adimaria pepperoni, but not sure how it would work out getting it shipped here. I’m sure there is somewhere more local though like Ripasso etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Was it in the meats section with the chorizo etc? My local SuperValu is poor for niche type things...

My local (Cork merchants quay) keeps it in an open square fridge near the deli counters with a selection of other anti pasti and Italian products. They don't stock it at all in the fridge with the usual prepacked meats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

Thought I’d share my Ooni experience so far:

I was too impatient a few weeks back, and ordered the 50mbar DE version as the 37mbar IE ones weren’t in stock, partly convincing myself that I was gonna swap the regulator anyway to try it on Butane. Didn’t work out too well, only got to 350c, and that was in the garage to get it out of the wind. Logged a support ticket looking for some help, they confirmed that the 50mbar would be too underpowered for 37mbar supply, and kindly swapped out my DE version for an IE version which was then in stock. A week turnaround to send old one back, and get new one, and new ‘proper’ one is cooking much better, up to heat and higher heat much quicker back on the patio where it belongs. Happy now, and great service from Ooni!

Advertisement