Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BrewDog Bar Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Liamo08 wrote: »
    According to their DIY Dog that they publish on their website https://www.brewdog.com/beers/diy-dog there’s a lot more hops in the new version compared to the old one - no idea how accurate this is but that’s what they claim anyway.

That's also an old version.

The newest version has been dumbed down a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Liamo08

That's also an old version.

The newest version has been dumbed down a lot.

Fair enough I haven’t had it in a while so might need to try it again, generally not the biggest fan of their recent hoppy beers that I’ve tried but think they make some decent stouts. Will be interesting to see the bar anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Iirc they cut the ABV on several beers, rather than the hops. More ABV=more excise duty. Hops if anything have gotten cheaper in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Pretty much.

I just thought my tastes had changed, and I just didn't like it as much anymore.

On the subject of planning permission for change of use from a cafe to a pub. I actually spotted the sign last Thursday while walking down by that new building. It's quite an odd area. They've just installed grass turf, and it's in a lovely location right beside the river, but it just seems really fake and manufactured to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Effects wrote: »
    On the subject of planning permission for change of use from a cafe to a pub. I actually spotted the sign last Thursday while walking down by that new building. It's quite an odd area. They've just installed grass turf, and it's in a lovely location right beside the river, but it just seems really fake and manufactured to me.

I guess the whole city was manufactured at some stage :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Punk hasn't changed that much but other beers have. Although luploid by Beavertown is a mess atm, no idea what they have done to it.

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    I guess the whole city was manufactured at some stage :)

Nah, the city kind of grew organically. Places like silicon docks just don't really have any soul. Plenty of nice architecture, but still soulless.

Had a wander around the building planned for BrewDog earlier. At least there's a bit of space around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Effects wrote: »
    Nah, the city kind of grew organically. Places like silicon docks just don't really have any soul. Plenty of nice architecture, but still soulless.

Ha we are getting pretty subjective now. There'd be plenty of "soulless organic" parts of the city imo :)

Anyway roll on another stop to my dublin brewery tour! Its getting there! I'll actually take more of these manufactured city centre ones to save the industrial estate trips.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

When's it opening?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Last year they said June 2019 and I don't think there's been an update since.

When's it opening?

The building is ready for tenants now. So however long it takes them to change the planning permission and then fit it out as they need.

End of the summer if they' lucky tbh. They need to get the brewing licence too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Doubt it would kill them to open without the brewery - been some recent new build pubs take months to get their publicans licence transferred though

Money to be made on summer evenings there is insane

Looks nice, though that's at least partly attributable to the weather.

https://twitter.com/thebeernut/status/1111264539599872000

Cool building in fairness. Will definitely be a great spot on a nice sunny day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭bennyineire

I actually think this is in a great location, at least for us country pumpkins when we go to any gigs in the point or any matchs/gigs in the Aviva

Plenty of tractor parking round the side too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Whats the story with Punk, dont see much of it around anymore tap or in shops?

It's on tap in every Wetherspoon, next to the Budweiser, Coors Light, Carlsberg and Heineken.

• Advertisement

Whats the story with Punk, dont see much of it around anymore tap or in shops?

Every Tesco and O'Briens has punk.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I actually think this is in a great location, at least for us country pumpkins when we go to any gigs in the point or any matchs/gigs in the Aviva

The bridge to/from the Point is currently an awkward long way around; there are plans for more though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,867 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Dunnes has Punk, Elvis Juice and Dead Pony Club.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Plus Next Door, most Supervalu I have been in..

I'm seeing it now more than ever

Originally Posted by Subcomandante Marcos View Post
    maximoose wrote: »
    Plus Next Door, most Supervalu I have been in..

I'm seeing it now more than ever

Plus Aldi now and Dunnes stores and basically every off license.

So it's basically more available now that ever before :pac::pac:

One has to wonder where you can't find it, the Aran Islands :D

Plus Aldi now
    Aldi has dropped it, along with all the other 33cl beers. Whatever's in shops now is the last of the Aldi Punks.

So is today the planning decision day ?

One of the planning apps is open for observations until the 11th of April still

So is today the planning decision day ?
    Planning has been granted for the change of use to a pub, though the terrace must close at 10pm. The application for the brewery still has a few weeks to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Trond wrote: »
    There's a new one in Brussels right opposite Gare Central. Its v nice with a great big balcony. Provided a welcome change of pace for a few hours but given whats available in Brussels anyway it'll be interesting to see will they last!?

Yep. I like brewdog, but going to a Brewdog bar in Brussels is second only in criminality to going to an Irish bar

Advertisement