Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online coffee resources

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Slattsy wrote: »
    There has to be some delivery costs lads.
    2.10 to delivery 2 bags of coffee is nothing.

I certainly would not pay 5e though.

I think that's exactly his point, jezek as saying 2.10 is very reasonable but wouldn't pay double that from cloudpicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Well then i concur !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

My understanding of this is that if a bag weighs less than 250g (Mojo's are 227 I think) the postage will be cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Been buying beans from Ponaire.ie only €5.90 for 250g bag and free delivery for orders over 500g,great coffee IMO would recommend the Indian blend in particular

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Been looking to get an Iberital MC2 but it seems happydonkey don't ship to Ireland currently, anywhere else that isn't a total ripoff in comparison?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭BofaDeezNuhtz

Been looking to get an Iberital MC2 but it seems happydonkey don't ship to Ireland currently, anywhere else that isn't a total ripoff in comparison?

http://www.parcelmotel.com/about.html

Happy Donkey specifically state that they don't ship anywhere outside of Mainland UK, including Northern Ireland, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭BofaDeezNuhtz

Happy Donkey specifically state that they don't ship anywhere outside of Mainland UK, including Northern Ireland, unfortunately.

Damn I had 3 items bookmarked myself to get from them, sry ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

If you email him he might send you what you are looking for, I tried that when I was looking for a naked PF, though may be a bit different when you are talking about a grinder!

adrian522 wrote: »
    If you email him he might send you what you are looking for, I tried that when I was looking for a naked PF, though may be a bit different when you are talking about a grinder!

I'll give it a shot, what's the email? Alternatively, does anywhere else sell it (other than Pennine)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭billyblanks

Don't think they have been mentioned before, www.coffeeshop.ie, based in Wicklow.

I'll give it a shot, what's the email? Alternatively, does anywhere else sell it (other than Pennine)?

Fill in the form here:

https://www.happydonkey.co.uk/help.php?section=contactus&mode=update

adrian522 wrote: »

Done, thanks. Now to just wait for them to respond.

Got a reply. They can't because of "warranty implications". Oh well. Guess I better start looking for a Baratza Preciso or something then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 PrimaryRush

espressounderground.co.uk

espressounderground.co.uk

Bit late unfortunately, I cracked and ordered a Vario!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭duffman85

Looking to buy some illy Iperespresso Brasil capsules.
    Has anybody here used www.caffe.com before?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭munkee

I just ordered accessories from this place in Italy, and they shipped the next day. Postage is a little pricey at €9, but it still worked out cheaper than ordering the same item from the UK/Parcel Motel:

http://www.elektros.it/

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭katkev

Hi there, I'm not sure if I am asking in the right thread, but I see a lot of people here who understand a lot about beans. I am opening a coffee shop soon, and it is so difficult to choose what beans I will be using. First, if your company hasn't been registered yet, you cant talk to Sales Reps from some companies, such as Bewleys/ Lavazza/ Java Republica. They don't take you serioulsly, I guess...
    Anyway, I work in a coffee shop, where we use Papua Java blend from Bewleys, nice and strong. I tried the Special Reserve also from Bewleys, which was really nice, with a lovely sweet/ chocolaty aftertaste. I don't know how much they charge for their coffee(they have different prices depending on how much you will be buying). I have been looking for something that would please all the customers, even though people have very different taste!
    I spoke with a very pleasant guy from www.coffeebeansireland.ie and I asked for a few samples, he only works with Lavazza. I also found another website, with great prices and very good reviews ( I dont know if the reviews are reliable) www.discountcoffee.ie
    There were people on this thread saying that they don't stamp their roasting dates in their bags. Are they reliable?
    I also contacted www.coffeemojo.ie, and I am waiting for reply.
    Please, could anyone recommend beans, companies, blends, and specially with a reasonable price? Thanks a lot!!!confused.pngconfused.pngconfused.pngconfused.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,435 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Hi Katkev

Can only speak from personal experience and not industry experience - I have used coffeemojo who you mention. Found them very good quality and good service.

I also use ponaire quite frequently - I find them very reasonable cost-wise so this could be another option for you. Not sure if they do wholesale, I imagine so.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭sebphoto

katkev wrote: »
    [cut]
    Please, could anyone recommend beans, companies, blends, and specially with a reasonable price? Thanks a lot!!!

you know what, it's up to you what beans you'll get and from who.
    Talk also with Michael from http://www.ariosacoffee.com/
    and maybe with Cofee Angel crowd https://coffeeangel.com/
    and maybe also with http://www.badgeranddodo.ie/
    and also with.. there is so many different places where you can get different coffee beans.
    If you send me your number via pm, I'll forward it to someone who is running coffee roastery, but still if you're not registered yet and you can't say how much coffee you're going to order it'll be very challenging to get good price.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Hi Katkev

Can only speak from personal experience and not industry experience - I have used coffeemojo who you mention. Found them very good quality and good service.

I also use ponaire quite frequently - I find them very reasonable cost-wise so this could be another option for you. Not sure if they do wholesale, I imagine so.

+1 for coffeemojo
    love his stuff and he's extremely helpful with any questions you may have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dball

ill just leave this here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006CNTR6W/?tag=047-20

deathwish coffee - supposedly The World's Strongest Coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭alec76

dball wrote: »
    ill just leave this here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006CNTR6W/?tag=047-20

deathwish coffee - supposedly The World's Strongest Coffee

Robusta beans, I suppose ?

I'm looking to get a bottomless portafilter for my Gaggia Classic, this the best option from happydonkey or is there anything better?

https://www.happydonkey.co.uk/gaggia-bottomless-portafilter.html

I have a VST 15g I'll be using anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭emy

I can not believe the prices of local coffee roasters, is so high for 250g.
    A few years back, I worked as roster for Java republic, 20min hand roasting, 60kg roaster capacity. Imagine, every 20min producing 60kg, around 1000kg daily of roasted beans, different blends. Nice smell when released into the cooler, when ready....Very good raw beans, class A, premium beans.
    At the end of the day there were around, 5 to 10 kg of fresh ground coffee or beans waste, thrown in the bin. At the end of the batch, all the bags which were below the 227g weight, went to bin. A lot of waste, maybe, now, they did something about it, to decrease the waste and increase the productivity..... Of course, I use o take some home :).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

emy wrote: »
    I can not believe the prices of local coffee roasters, is so high for 250g.
    A few years back, I worked as roster for Java republic, 20min hand roasting, 60kg roaster capacity. Imagine, every 20min producing 60kg, around 1000kg daily of roasted beans, different blends. Nice smell when released into the cooler, when ready....Very good raw beans, class A, premium beans.
    At the end of the day there were around, 5 to 10 kg of fresh ground coffee or beans waste, thrown in the bin. At the end of the batch, all the bags which were below the 227g weight, went to bin. A lot of waste, maybe, now, they did something about it, to decrease the waste and increase the productivity..... Of course, I use o take some home :).

Checkout discountcoffee.ie - 1kg for around €15 and different 3 for 2 offers every month. Free postage over £50 means you can get 7 or 8 kilos for €55-60. Freeze in the bag when they arrive and defrost fully before opening the bags and it’s perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭emy

stimpson wrote: »
    Checkout discountcoffee.ie - 1kg for around €15 and different 3 for 2 offers every month. Free postage over £50 means you can get 7 or 8 kilos for €55-60. Freeze in the bag when they arrive and defrost fully before opening the bags and it’s perfect.

I did once ordered from them. I checked what they have now and ordered 6x1kg for 8.50 each, Colombian supremo. Is not bad the price I paid, the problem is I do not have room in freezer for them, therefore I have to sell 3x1kg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

emy wrote: »
    I did once ordered from them. I checked what they have now and ordered 6x1kg for 8.50 each, Colombian supremo. Is not bad the price I paid, the problem is I do not have room in freezer for them, therefore I have to sell 3x1kg.

Get a second freezer. It will pay for itself!

Advertisement