Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
10-07-2020, 16:50   #5296
2011abc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hijpo View Post
I have started into a single pot still sample pack. 50ml measures of Redbreast 12, green spot, powers John's lane release and midleton Barry Crockett legacy. After that I have the three Waterford Distillery releases on the way. Have my eye on a bottle of lagavulin 16 also.

Barry Crockett not surprisingly at 250 a full bottle wins by miles ,Powers Johns Lane ,second several lengths behind and the other two distant also rans for me .
2011abc is offline  
Advertisement
10-07-2020, 20:50   #5297
Cazale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,546
Couple of Whiskeys tonight.

Octomore 09.1. Heavily peated at 156ppm but the smoke is subtler than I was expecting. A really nice dram.

GlenDronach 18. A proper sherry bomb with a beautiful nose and lovely natural colour. Dry fruits and hints of chocolate. Gorgeous.
Cazale is offline  
(2) thanks from:
10-07-2020, 20:58   #5298
odyssey06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazale View Post
Couple of Whiskeys tonight.
Octomore 09.1. Heavily peated at 156ppm but the smoke is subtler than I was expecting. A really nice dram.
GlenDronach 18. A proper sherry bomb with a beautiful nose and lovely natural colour. Dry fruits and hints of chocolate. Gorgeous.
I thought your next bulletin would be the Waterford tastings!
odyssey06 is offline  
Thanks from:
10-07-2020, 21:27   #5299
Cazale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by odyssey06
I thought your next bulletin would be the Waterford tastings!
I want to savour those. Watch this space!
Cazale is offline  
Thanks from:
11-07-2020, 19:59   #5300
Wailin
Registered User
 
Wailin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,308
Picked up my Pilgrimage bottle and sample from Waterford distillery today. Anyone else get theirs? Lovely design to the bottle. The sample smells very interesting .



Last edited by Wailin; 12-07-2020 at 11:48.
Wailin is offline  
Advertisement
11-07-2020, 20:33   #5301
Cazale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wailin
Picked up my Pilgrimage bottle and sample from Waterford distillery today. Anyone else get theirs? Lovely design to the bottle. The sample smells very interesting .
Could be a bit of a collectors item that. To drink or keep is the dilemma!
Cazale is offline  
(2) thanks from:
11-07-2020, 22:07   #5302
Adyx
Registered User
 
Adyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,819


Got mine as well. Definitely keeping it for a special occasion at least.
Adyx is offline  
Thanks from:
12-07-2020, 13:31   #5303
mik_da_man
Hosted Moderator
 
mik_da_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 9,180
HMod: OTG
Unfortunately couldn't make it down yesterday, will pop down this coming week hopefully.

In fairness the bottles and boxes are a work of art.
mik_da_man is offline  
12-07-2020, 16:36   #5304
Wailin
Registered User
 
Wailin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by mik_da_man View Post
Unfortunately couldn't make it down yesterday, will pop down this coming week hopefully.

In fairness the bottles and boxes are a work of art.
As far as I'm aware, any bottles not collected yesterday will be posted out next week.
Wailin is offline  
Advertisement
12-07-2020, 22:37   #5305
mik_da_man
Hosted Moderator
 
mik_da_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 9,180
HMod: OTG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wailin View Post
As far as I'm aware, any bottles not collected yesterday will be posted out next week.
Not all of them, you can choose to have it posted or arrange another day to visit and pick it up, which I did.
mik_da_man is offline  
12-07-2020, 23:08   #5306
cloudatlas
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,185
Has anyone tried this 'Single Malt Irish Whiskey 8 Year Old (That Boutique-y Whisky Company)'

https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskie...whiskey/?srh=1
cloudatlas is offline  
13-07-2020, 21:08   #5307
Cazale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,546
Signed up for this one.

Paul John Tasting Friday 31st July at 7:30 p.m. via Zoom

We are delighted to be bring you some Indian whisky from the Paul John distillery in Goa. Global brand ambassador Shilton Almeida will guide us through 6 wonderful whiskies from something fruity to smokey delights. The range is very diverse and it promises to be an excellent event.

Tickets are on sale now via the following link below

https://www.lmulliganwhiskeyshop.com...Code=pjtasting

Last edited by Cazale; 13-07-2020 at 21:19.
Cazale is offline  
13-07-2020, 21:22   #5308
Wailin
Registered User
 
Wailin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,308
Should be interesting.
Wailin is offline  
Thanks from:
13-07-2020, 21:36   #5309
Cazale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wailin
Should be interesting.
It's Belfast Whiskey week too so I have introduction to Irish Whiskey on the Monday, pre 70s Irish Whiskey on the Tuesday, Indian whisky on Friday and JJ Corry on the Sunday. Works out at 36 samples. The missus probably throw me out half way through it!
Cazale is offline  
(2) thanks from:
13-07-2020, 21:41   #5310
odyssey06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazale View Post
It's Belfast Whiskey week too so I have introduction to Irish Whiskey on the Monday, pre 70s Irish Whiskey on the Tuesday, Indian whisky on Friday and JJ Corry on the Sunday. Works out at 36 samples. The missus probably throw me out half way through it!
JJ Corry is the saturday at 6 unless you are replaying it. Have signed up for it also.
odyssey06 is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet