Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transition year or third year??

• 21-06-2019 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, i'm n a messy situation.
    In short: i'm from Germany, my mum moved to Ireland about a month ago, me and my sister will follow in September and start the school year there in Clare (Ennis or Shannon to be precise), the school search was tough, and now there are two offers for me. Going in a school in Ennis (St. Flannans) and going into third year with absolutely no knowledge of the things that were done the two years before (like Irish history or stuff like that) or going into transition year (St. Caimins) and practically skipping the thing of the certificate at the end of the third year and slowly getting used to everything including the English language and so on. (Besides i'm 14 now and in grade 8 equivalent to second year secondary school I think) so if anyone has the time and the kindness to give me some advice or something, i'd be very thankful for that :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Best of luck in whatever path you follow. In your case I think Transition Year might be beneficial as you will get more of an opportunity to immerse yourself in the social/cultural side of education. I'm assuming that you're already academically strong, take the chance to work on your language skills, partake of every opportunity to integrate and enjoy your time here.

Ps, make sure you take German for leaving cert, you should do well!

Advertisement