Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Barnhall Meadows leixlip

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Pete123456

Does anybody know for sure if the beech attic can be converted?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭FitzElla

Pete123456 wrote: »
    Does anybody know for sure if the beech attic can be converted?

From what I gather the houses are all timber framed. In order to support the steel that an atttic conversion would require you would need a structural engineer to make sure the timber can support the extra load. There could be a significant extra cost to convert it even if there is enough space.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 KevgallMD1989

Hi All, just wondering about how people are finding this estate. We are currently looking at maybe purchasing here

• Registered Users Posts: 11 jake_ryan_1986

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows the percentage of council houses which will be located in the neighbourhood? The reason I am asking is because I was planning on buying a new house in Maynooth untill I found aout that 70% of the neghbourhood will be council houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sirmixalot

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows the percentage of council houses which will be located in the neighbourhood? The reason I am asking is because I was planning on buying a new house in Maynooth untill I found aout that 70% of the neghbourhood will be council houses.
    What estate is that? Not the one that is close to the N4 Motorway too is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 jake_ryan_1986

Yes, its Mullen Park the one right next to the highway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Homie125

Can I ask where you found out the % of social housing as I am potentially looking to buy in Mullen Park
    TIA

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

There is a spreadsheet (it's linked repeatedly in the Maynooth housing thread) showing budgeted / bought units. It was at just under 50% - not 70% -for Mullen Park but has fallen significantly particularly in the earlier phases

Additionally, it's Tuath who vet their tenants.

Any new build estate is likely to have 20-25% between council and housing agencies these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Any update regarding this estate and new release? Like everything else in the area the prices seem to have shot up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Pinkhaze

Also wondering if anyone has an update on these houses? We are considering buying in the next phase but would love to hear from someone who's bought there regarding the build quality etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 PaddyRussell

Does anyone have an update from the EA on release date?

I'd imagine that most, if not all, houses are gone at this point. If anything else gets released it'll be the show houses and cancellations.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

Traffic lights being erected now at entrance to Barnhall. Don't know if they'll go live immediately but can't imagine it'll be long before they do.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Traffic lights or pedestrian lights?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭FitzElla

Got an email yesterday evening to say that the show houses are now on sale. You'd imagine they'll be the last remaining brand new properties on sale in the estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Mrs cockett

I see in today's Irish Times, "the third tranche of homes to be delivered under the Government's new cost rental housing will be unveiled by Cluid today. The 56 properties located in the Barnhall Meadows development in Leixlip will be rented to qualifying tenants at sub-market rates of €900 and €1,250 a month."

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ab8808

is this over and above the quota of 45 houses for social housing???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

The in-laws got "awarded" one of the 3 beds from Cluid today. To say they're over the moon is an understatement, the private rental trap was looking bleak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Fattybojangles

There's no such thing as a quota for social housing the like of Tuath and Cluid can buy as many as they like and rent them out. There's a minimum of 10% but as has been pointed out with Cluid and Tuath etc the real figure is 20-25% not that it matters of course only to snobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 martin18

Can anyone who has bought a semi-detached in Barnhall comment on the soundproofing between units? Thanks a million.

Advertisement