Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Oldbridge Park, Naas

• 13-05-2019 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hello all,
    I was wondering if anyone knows anything good or bad about oldbridge park, I'm looking into buying there and I wanted to know more about the neighbourhood, safety, amenities,...etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 dotuathail

I moved into Oldbridge Park about two months ago and love the area, have been recommending it to everyone. What exactly do you want to know?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Chicle

Hello @dotuathail, we are a family of one toddler and we are considering to move to Oldbridge Park. One of us works in city centre at least 2 days per week, and the other one in Citywest. We would need to find a creche and a primary school for our kid as well.

Could you please let us know how you find conmuting, if the area is kids friendly with sports facilities and so on. And also if facilities are within a walking distance or a car is needed to do weekly shopping.

Thank you in advance, your opinion is much appreciated as we are not from Ireland and feel quite lost

Regards,

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dotuathail1

Hi there Chicle,

My wife and I are both from Dublin and did not know the area very well, but we fitted in nicely, so I am sure you will too.

- Commuting -

The train is great to use and Sallins and Naas train station is a 5 minute walk from Oldbridge Park, which is perfect. There lots of trains which is handy, the majority end in Heuston Station and others go around Heuston and go through Connolly, Tara Street, Pearse and Grand Canal Dock. The trains to Heuston take about 30/35 minutes (if you get the Galway train at 5:30pm from Heuston, it only take 15 minutes to get home!). If you get off at Heuston, there are a number of buses and the Luas (tram) which would bring you through the city centre. Tickets are around €4.90 or €3.80 (with a Leap card) to Heuston.

The Grand Canal Dock train is perfect if you work on the other side of the city. It takes around 50 minutes, but you will 90% of the time get a seat from Sallins which is perfect.

Route 139 is a local hourly bus which connects Naas, Sallins, Clane, Rathcoffey, Maynooth, Leixlip and Blanchardstown, which is perfect if you do not drive.

If you do drive, the M7/M9 are a 10 minute drive away, but they are finishing a motorway bypass in Summer 2020, which will make this even quicker!

If you miss the last train home, there is a private bus that goes from Georges Quay and Heuston Station which brings you to Naas for €7

Naas is a larger town and is a 30 minute walk away (5/10 mins in car - €5/7 in taxi), full of shops, bars and restaurants, there are buses too that go through there.

-Shopping-

There are many shops within walking distance of Oldbridge, we were so surprised with this:

Lidl: 11 minute walk

Supervalu: 5 minute walk

Monread Shopping Centre (largest Tesco in Ireland, Argos, Boots, Costa Coffee, McDonalds, Petrol and Aldi): 20 minute walk

There are 3 pubs in Sallins, a nice range of bars.

-Schools-

There a lot of schools in Sallins and Naas, I am not sure of each of them but this website lists them all (not just the Catholic ones). Google 'Schools in Naas and Sallins and the 'Naas Parish' result is the best. Sorry this boards.ie wont let me add websites.

-Facilities-

There a number of membership gyms available in the area, but what I think makes the area perfect for families and people keeping fit are the canal walks. There are two large canals in Sallins, my personal favourite is the Sallins-Naas canal, you can walk (20/30 minutes) all the way from Sallins to Naas along a beautiful canal. Definitely worth a look.

If you have any other questions, big or small, please don't hesitate to ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Chicle

Thank you so much dotuathail1, very valuable comments!! We are going for a viewing on Saturday and also it will be our first time in Naas Let see how it goes but all you say sounds perfect to us!

No problem, best of luck with the viewing, the houses are lovely. If you have any other questions, just ask.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

Chicle wrote: »
    Thank you so much dotuathail1, very valuable comments!! We are going for a viewing on Saturday and also it will be our first time in Naas Let see how it goes but all you say sounds perfect to us!

Just to say in case you are unaware, the address of Oldbridge Park is Naas, but it's really in Sallins. Sallins would be your village and the train station and shops listed above are in Sallins apart from Tesco. It will all make sense to you when you come to view.

It's a great location! Best of luck.

Just to say in case you are unaware, the address of Oldbridge Park is Naas, but it's really in Sallins. Sallins would be your village and the train station and shops listed above are in Sallins apart from Tesco. It will all make sense to you when you come to view.

It's a great location! Best of luck.

To make it even more complicated, it's Osberstown, Naas, but it's really Sallins

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cove33

Hi all,

My wife and I recently put a deposit on a house in Oldbridge Park. We are living in Sallins for the past 3 years so know the area well and are delighted to buy here as we love the area. We were told by the estate agent that the house is due for completion in August but was just wondering if anyone had experienced any delays with the build? We were hoping to be in by late October, is that optimistic? First baby on the way also! Would appreciate any advice or info on this.

Thanks in advance

Hey Cove33, sorry I never saw this reply. Did you get more clarification on completion?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cove33

Hi dothuathail1, thanks for the reply. Haven't received any further clarification on completion as of yet. Obviously with everything going on at the minute we are expecting delays but if you had info or advice from your own experience that would be great. TIA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

For folks who live here or nearby. Do you notice any noise or vibrations from the passing trains? Does it bother you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Tyrant^ wrote: »
    For folks who live here or nearby. Do you notice any noise or vibrations from the passing trains? Does it bother you?

You’ll hear it for the first week or two and then it fades into the background. Have never felt a vibration!

Same with Zeus, you only hear it for the first few weeks and then you rarely notice it. If you have the windows open, you will hear the train, but it's not loud at all. Definitely no vibrations. The houses have really good soundproofing.

Advertisement