Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,009 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Any one know when the road works on the Killcullen road will be finished?
    pain in my swiss at this stage

They said December at worst, nothing fixed though, it is a right pain

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

They said December at worst, nothing fixed though, it is a right pain

ye December
    Naas town council must be the worst in the country with their track record at this stage
    If i lived on that road i'd prob have gone insane at this stage

Hopefully NTC have zero involvement with any M7 upgrades

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,031 ✭✭✭✭beertons

You know there's a kind of a short cut mick to get back into the town from Killashee?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭matchthis

I heard from a few in town that it was meant to be December, but it got pushed back till March. Doesn't look like much left to do though. Be great when it's done

beertons wrote: »
    You know there's a kind of a short cut mick to get back into the town from Killashee?

It's like a racetrack on the little road too !

Though this morning I got stuck behind a bin lorry on it

• Advertisement

I've been doing this every day coming out of Killashee.
    A friend got pulled over doing it.
    Its complete bull****.
    No need for the road to be closed between killashee and pipers hill at this stage.

Anyone hear anything on the Lodge reopening?

Anyone hear anything on the Lodge reopening?

Thirsty?

Ha

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Lads just wondering does anyone know where exactly the Jack & Jill foundation shop is in the town? And is there parking at it? I can't visualise where it could be!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

ChewChew wrote: »
    Lads just wondering does anyone know where exactly the Jack & Jill foundation shop is in the town? And is there parking at it? I can't visualise where it could be!

It's there behind the bus stop on the opposite side of the street from the post office.

• Advertisement

Thirsty?

Ha

I'm in the horrors with no drink for November.

It's like what they say, you'll only miss it when it's gone. Not that I have them much business. But given a choice, I'd rather the Lodge open than just be left with Maudlins.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

ye cheers
    I use it from Killashee

just pisses me off the length of time its taking and doing the paths before the road just to rub it in

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

from what we heard through the school principal December is the date for completion...I think its moving along well...can see progress every week

• Registered Users Posts: 7,095 ✭✭✭pad199207

I see the bus stop is going to be in the middle of the road. Are they crazy on such a busy road??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

I've been doing this every day coming out of Killashee.
    A friend got pulled over doing it.
    Its complete bull****.
    No need for the road to be closed between killashee and pipers hill at this stage.

Same as, every day I leave the gym. Even more of a pain if the traffic is busy coming from the town.....

New bakery open in Tesco extra. The natural bakery company. Should do well with the footfall in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

New bakery open in Tesco extra. The natural bakery company. Should do well with the footfall in there.

They do some nice treats to. Went a bit mad like a kid let loose in a candy shop the weekend and bought half the shop to test them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Does anyone here know anything about he new estate Landen park? I can't find anything about it online other than the brochure.

What's that area of Naas like? Have there been any issues with the site? Any thoughts appreciated!

It's beside the gaa on the Sallins road. Nice houses. Beside a school too. Close to the big Tesco, near enough the train station. Loads of nice walks around there, cycle paths.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

I dunno really, what are facilities alike that side of town? Traffic? Schools?

I emailed the agents last week but they didn't bother replying. Have to email again.

Is it still looking like a construction site? We are abroad so can't see it for ourselves until xmas.

• Advertisement

I dunno really, what are facilities alike that side of town? Traffic? Schools?

I emailed the agents last week but they didn't bother replying. Have to email again.

Is it still looking like a construction site? We are abroad so can't see it for ourselves until xmas.

Facilities are good, very close to Tesco etc. a 5 minute walk to the town

Not sure about schools but being close to the town should be good !

Facilities are good, very close to Tesco etc. a 5 minute walk to the town

Not sure about schools but being close to the town should be good !

There is a mixed national school right beside it. The secondary schools are within walking distance as they are in the town, all except Pipers Hill college which is the other side of town.
    Traffics is fine, except for the school open and close times when it's heavy but that normal for most of Naas.
    You have Naas GAA on your doorstep. A huge Tesco, Aldi and 24hr drive thru McDonald's a few mins drive away.
    It's not a construction site.

There is a mixed national school right beside it. The secondary schools are within walking distance as they are in the town, all except Pipers Hill college which is the other side of town.
    Traffics is fine, except for the school open and close times when it's heavy but that normal for most of Naas.
    You have Naas GAA on your doorstep. A huge Tesco, Aldi and 24hr drive thru McDonald's a few mins drive away.
    It's not a construction site.

Know nothing about schools, the judge said im not allowed near them :D:pac:

There'll be another secondary school in or around the millennium park in a few years too hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭brian_t

ChewChew wrote: »

I see in the Leader that Focus Ireland are opening a shop beside the entrance to the old Superquinn supermarket.

Very handy to have all the charity shops reasonably near each other. (apart from Jay Jays the far end of town)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

The new bus stop could be a bit of a disaster. Will traffic be able to overtake a stopped Coach if traffic is coming from the other way? If not it could lead to bad traffic that could have been avoided with better design.

The roundabout on Sallins and the Piper's Hill works seems to be going on for ages now, will be glad to see them finished off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Is John Conroy's closing down or just having a sale?

Have to say I never went in there until the sale sign went up, but was pleasantly surprised once I went in, got some nice bits in there for half nothing. If he were to go, it would be another blow to that end of the town in particular.

He's forever having a sale. He was in a better spot years ago, beside Brownes. I find Conroys clothes weren't of great quality. Whelans is much better gear. The layout is a bit hickey mick, but that shop has been in the town as long as my dad can remember, so he's doing something right. Brownes has good stuff too, part of the Diffney shops, but is a bit more expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    Is John Conroy's closing down or just having a sale?

Have to say I never went in there until the sale sign went up, but was pleasantly surprised once I went in, got some nice bits in there for half nothing. If he were to go, it would be another blow to that end of the town in particular.

He was closing but cancelled it. Don't know why but he gives great service. Never sold me anything that didn't fit me right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Anyone know the best place for deals coal/briquettes and logs?

Advertisement