Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Wicklow Town/Rathnew Estates

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Reuben1210

Any updates on this?

Part of this has the go-ahead, with the road and 26 homes to start...

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/wicklowpeople/news/big-changes-ahead-for-rathnew-village-35375319.html

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Panjandrums

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Onthefence

Do you have a source for "Burkeen Hall has changed its name to The Oaks"?
    These two are completely different estates, almost a kilometre apart. There's a third estate, Burkeen, in between.
    Burkeen Hall has changed its name to The Oaks. Sesille Oaks not progressed since May, I am assuming that the market could be somewhat saturated and they have failed to get a deposit on enough homes to start.

Keldrums application for the large estate at Tinakilly has also hit a roadblock. According to the application they had up until last week to respond to a request for further information and I'm not see any further information so it will be assumed to be withdrawn.

It's emerged that Glenview properties, the housebuilder that recently went public , has purchased land consisting of 2 sites of 40 acres and 14 acres along the Rocky Road and opposite Burkeen , so more 3 bed semi ds in the pipeline.

The Keldrums properties application must be distinct from the link for the approved development I put up?

So the Oaks (Burkeen Hall) is on phase two now? how many houses have they got built? it was about four large ones last time I was there.

Do you have a link to anything showing the land that was bought? I know a new road is part of the plan for linking Rocky Road with the developent area where Kirvan Hill is.

• Advertisement

Where is the Glenveagh site?

Has there been an application put in yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭dbas

I'm told there are circa 35-40 on a waiting list for a property in Sessile Oaks and that all the first phase are held by holding deposits. Developers haven't done a thing with it in 8 months even though they must have a lot of cash from prospective buyers at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭frefrefre

dbas wrote: »
    I'm told there are circa 35-40 on a waiting list for a property in Sessile Oaks and that all the first phase are held by holding deposits. Developers haven't done a thing with it in 8 months even though they must have a lot of cash from prospective buyers at this stage
    Thanks for your post.
    Is that legal, to just take money from people and not start to build?
    Any idea on the 3 bed prices?
    I’m looking in Wicklow, 300 max for a 3 bed, is that too little now do you reckon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Larsso30

anyone know what the huge development is at the back of Broomhall Business Park, down by hazelbrook i believe area where there is a few house is called?

frefrefre wrote: »
    Thanks for your post.
    Is that legal, to just take money from people and not start to build?
    Any idea on the 3 bed prices?
    I’m looking in Wicklow, 300 max for a 3 bed, is that too little now do you reckon?

Hi,
    I don't know to be honest. I know Rathnew had some for 275k for 3 beds, but I'd say you are a little low at this stage. If They start building in Sessile Oaks and release a next phase, then I'd imagine the prices will go the same direction as they are everywhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Larsso30

last of houses in Kirvin advertised at 290k today on Catherine Oreilly website

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭frefrefre

Hi,
    I don't know to be honest. I know Rathnew had some for 275k for 3 beds, but I'd say you are a little low at this stage. If They start building in Sessile Oaks and release a next phase, then I'd imagine the prices will go the same direction as they are everywhere else

Thanks Dbas, I'm hopeful we can get something around 300, I hate this insanity. i know property owners/investors love it but I'm on the opposite side of the fence.

frefrefre wrote: »
    Thanks Dbas, I'm hopeful we can get something around 300, I hate this insanity. i know property owners/investors love it but I'm on the opposite side of the fence.

So are we. Prices have shot up in the last year. This time last year a 4 bed in the meadows in wicklow town was 315k and they are great houses. Probably be 375k at least in the next phase. They just applied for planning permission for another 75 houses I think. We are approved for the help to buy scheme and just waiting for a decent opportunity around 310-315k

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

I'm told there are circa 35-40 on a waiting list for a property in Sessile Oaks

Incredible really.

I wouldn't pay money to live in what is probably the worst corner of the town.

"Hillview" next door is dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

You have to go out of your way to come to the conclusion that hillview is dire.

Well, there's the domestic waste thrown everywhere, the broken glass. that about 1/4 of the units are boarded up.
    Then there's the smashed up bus shelter out on the road.

It all paints a picture.

Then of course there is this travesty from that wonderful "community" who shan't be named.

http://wicklownews.net/2013/12/horse-beaten-to-death-in-wicklow-town/

You obviously have never spent a minute in the estate.

Take a gander and come back to me with your "out of your way" ****e.

Any reader thinking of putting their life's savings into a house next door to this... don't

Incredible really.

I wouldn't pay money to live in what is probably the worst corner of the town.

"Hillview" next door is dire.

Why is that estate considered dire. I wouldn't know the town myself and it has always appeared OK any time I saw it

Well, there's the domestic waste thrown everywhere, the broken glass. that about 1/4 of the units are boarded up.
    Then there's the smashed up bus shelter out on the road.

It all paints a picture.

Then of course there is this travesty from that wonderful "community" who shan't be named.

http://wicklownews.net/2013/12/horse-beaten-to-death-in-wicklow-town/

You obviously have never spent a minute in the estate.

Take a gander and come back to me with your "out of your way" ****e.

Any reader thinking of putting their life's savings into a house next door to this... don't

Sorry, this reply didn't show up on my phone this morning.
    That article let's on that others drove into the estate and tried dumping the horse into fields behind it. There's easily 30 horses in the fields behind the estate. Your can see them on wicklow cam.

I had found that article about the horse before but no other articles showing any trouble at all. That's pretty rare for a 'sh1t hole 'estate

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2 denisebyrne

Would have to agree with Bojack Horseman, I lived in Wicklow Town for 20+ years and that area is really rough.  Not only have you got Hillview, but you've got Mountain View and Ocean View nearby too.  Lots of anti-social behaviour too close for comfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Would have to agree with Bojack Horseman, I lived in Wicklow Town for 20+ years and that area is really rough. Not only have you got Hillview, but you've got Mountain View and Ocean View nearby too. Lots of anti-social behaviour too close for comfort.

It took you eight years to post that? :)

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

I see a new estate is going in opposite Burkeen, Seascape. 3/4 bed houses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

Haven't been over that way in a while, is that the houses that are built very far away from the road beside the friary? Or is it an estate accessed off the roundabout beside the oaks?

I see that the daft ad for Sesille Oaks has been last "updated" today.

In between both. Next site down from the Oaks heading for the friary. Boards went up couple of days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Onthefence

Haven't been over that way in a while, is that the houses that are built very far away from the road beside the friary? Or is it an estate accessed off the roundabout beside the oaks?

I see that the daft ad for Sesille Oaks has been last "updated" today.

It's between Burkeen and the Friary, much closer to the Friary entrance than the roundabout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭KiloDelta

Hi, I have a quick query.

If you turn off Marlton Road onto Marlton Demense, drive up past Marlton Springs to Marlton Hall, will you eventually be able to access the Hawkstown Road when it’s finished?

I can’t find plans anywhere. Thanks

Advertisement