Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
25-04-2021, 13:06   #2281
serfboard
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by marno21 View Post
Tender out for design/planning for a proposed 75km greenway from Sligo to Enniskillen via the Sligo, Leitrim & Northern Counties Railway

https://irl.eu-supply.com/ctm/Suppli...TENDERS_SIMPLE
Will this be the longest section of Greenway gone to tender in Ireland so far?
serfboard is offline  
Advertisement
26-04-2021, 12:02   #2282
riddlinrussell
Registered User
 
riddlinrussell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 870
Link section from Grand Canal to Lough Boora is open now

https://twitter.com/numtotnerd/statu...5304326?s=1002
riddlinrussell is online now  
26-04-2021, 13:18   #2283
Conchir
Registered User
 
Conchir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 921
Just looking at the Greenway map in the OP, does anyone know if there’s more info available on these three routes:

Grange Road Cycleway, from Donaghmede to Baldoyle, planned/in progress according to the map. I think there were surveyors out recently on the road, is there any detail known about it?

Howth Road Cycleway, from Sutton Cross to Howth Harbour, same question. The road is wide, especially from Offington onwards to Howth. and this will be an easy win when done. On the northern side of the road especially as there are hardly any driveways or junctions to worry about.

Sutton to Howth Summit, along Burrow Road/Claremont Road and then up the old tram line. This is only proposed according to the map, again any more on it?

Googling throws up a few things here and there, but I’m wondering if there’s any more detailed info I might have missed that maybe was up on etenders or similar at some stage?
Conchir is online now  
27-04-2021, 09:33   #2284
MilfordBud
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 164
Tender for new signs for the Limerick Greenway.

https://irl.eu-supply.com/ctm/Suppli...TENDERS_SIMPLE

"The Limerick Greenway is being upgraded and is due to be launched for Summer 2021. A signage design has been completed for information, access, discovery and directional signage which is to be in place before opening."
MilfordBud is offline  
27-04-2021, 09:36   #2285
riddlinrussell
Registered User
 
riddlinrussell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conchir View Post
Just looking at the Greenway map in the OP, does anyone know if there’s more info available on these three routes:

Grange Road Cycleway, from Donaghmede to Baldoyle, planned/in progress according to the map. I think there were surveyors out recently on the road, is there any detail known about it?

Howth Road Cycleway, from Sutton Cross to Howth Harbour, same question. The road is wide, especially from Offington onwards to Howth. and this will be an easy win when done. On the northern side of the road especially as there are hardly any driveways or junctions to worry about.

Sutton to Howth Summit, along Burrow Road/Claremont Road and then up the old tram line. This is only proposed according to the map, again any more on it?

Googling throws up a few things here and there, but I’m wondering if there’s any more detailed info I might have missed that maybe was up on etenders or similar at some stage?
I can no longer find any information on them... usually I put links to the documentation alongside the route if I can. I may have confused the Grange road with one in South Dublin that got a cycleway. There appears to be funding for 'light segregation' on the Donaghmede to Baldoyle one. I dropped it back to 'potential'.

The Sutton to Howth Summit route is part of the GDA Cycle Plan from 2013 (I do NOT have all of these routes on the map for Dublin city) and marked as a greenway from Sutton to Howth.
riddlinrussell is online now  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
27-04-2021, 11:06   #2286
Conchir
Registered User
 
Conchir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 921
Quote:
Originally Posted by riddlinrussell View Post
I can no longer find any information on them... usually I put links to the documentation alongside the route if I can. I may have confused the Grange road with one in South Dublin that got a cycleway. There appears to be funding for 'light segregation' on the Donaghmede to Baldoyle one. I dropped it back to 'potential'.

The Sutton to Howth Summit route is part of the GDA Cycle Plan from 2013 (I do NOT have all of these routes on the map for Dublin city) and marked as a greenway from Sutton to Howth.
Yes any googling throws up the southside Grange Road.

Damn, I was hoping for something more concrete. Hopefully soon we get something encouraging. Thanks!
Conchir is online now  
04-05-2021, 16:22   #2287
Seth Brundle
I think I'm becoming...Brundlefly
 
Seth Brundle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 29,108
AGS against Rochestown Greenway upgrades... https://twitter.com/CorkCyclingCrew/...52622728134658

but as it turns out...
https://twitter.com/Samtm023/status/1389581186679414787
Seth Brundle is online now  
(4) thanks from:
04-05-2021, 22:27   #2288
spacetweek
Moderator
 
spacetweek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 3,876
Curiouser and curiouser!
spacetweek is offline  
05-05-2021, 12:40   #2289
Grassey
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,924
Grassey is offline  
Advertisement
05-05-2021, 20:16   #2290
JohnC.
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,812
https://www.thejournal.ie/cork-garda...29059-May2021/

The Gardai have identified who sent it. It's a sergeant from a station over 10km from Cork City. Their inquiries are ongoing.
JohnC. is offline  
Thanks from:
05-05-2021, 20:18   #2291
whisky_galore
Registered User
 
whisky_galore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 11,510
Lee to Sea are pointing to a footpath, for you know, pedestrians. Pedestrians only, the clue is in the name.
whisky_galore is offline  
06-05-2021, 12:01   #2292
riddlinrussell
Registered User
 
riddlinrussell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by whisky_galore View Post
Lee to Sea are pointing to a footpath, for you know, pedestrians. Pedestrians only, the clue is in the name.
Yeah and highlighting all the cars that seem to have colonised the pedestrian space, for pedestrians
riddlinrussell is online now  
16-05-2021, 20:32   #2293
Seth Brundle
I think I'm becoming...Brundlefly
 
Seth Brundle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 29,108

https://twitter.com/kieranryanphoto/...001742849?s=19
Seth Brundle is online now  
(2) thanks from:
16-05-2021, 21:00   #2294
Markcheese
Registered User
 
Markcheese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6,721
I assume it's a speed reducing method !!
Markcheese is offline  
16-05-2021, 23:19   #2295
spacetweek
Moderator
 
spacetweek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 3,876
Oh ffs.
F**k chicanes that completely block bikes with a trailer, what are they doing to straighten the extremely steep ramps (3 of them) that I had to dismount for?
spacetweek is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet