Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Are we excited yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ConseyMan

Only when i actually watch SNL, do i remember how **** SNL is. it's funny that way.

My 3060 ti is now earning $8.77 of Eth a day. Was around $4 a couple of days ago. What happened? I don't follow crypto news.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,818 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

My 3060 ti is now earning $8.77 of Eth a day. Was around $4 a couple of days ago. What happened? I don't follow crypto news.
    It doubled in price since April

• Registered Users Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Eth 4k today?!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Just lobbed all my DOGE into BTT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Eth 4k today?!

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Daithi40

For those staking on Celsius, do you take rewards in CEL or in the same coin you staked? If you take rewards in CEL you do get a higher APY but just trying to figure which I should go with and looking for opinions...

Just lobbed all my DOGE into BTT.

Down as well though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Daithi40 wrote: »
    For those staking on Celsius, do you take rewards in CEL or in the same coin you staked? If you take rewards in CEL you do get a higher APY but just trying to figure which I should go with and looking for opinions...

I don't use Celsius specifically but have my crypto in similar defi projects. I always get paid out in the native tokens to get the extra APY and then convert once a month or so to crypto, when the conversion is favourable for me.
    Currently getting 8% on my BTC and XRP and just over 20% for ETH and USDC

I don't use Celsius specifically but have my crypto in similar defi projects. I always get paid out in the native tokens to get the extra APY and then convert once a month or so to crypto, when the conversion is favourable for me.
    Currently getting 8% on my BTC and XRP and just over 20% for ETH and USDC

I'm currently trying to figure out all this myself... where are you getting 20% on ETH?!

• Advertisement

I'm currently trying to figure out all this myself... where are you getting 20% on ETH?!

Yield.app for the ETH and USDC, the highest loyalty level pays 20% (entry level is 12%).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Daithi40 wrote: »

To make it simple: if you have a long term time horizon and believe in the future success of Celsius, go for CEL. Otherwise get paid in kind.

There is no guarantee it will keep happening, but someone who was in the first category a year ago would have done very well for themselves. Not only they would have gotten higher rates for getting paid in CEL, but the value of their CEL tokens also grew massively as the platform became more popular hence increasing demand for CEL.

Bob24 wrote: »
    To make it simple: if you have a long term time horizon and believe in the future success of Celsius, go for CEL. Otherwise get paid in kind.

There is no guarantee it will keep happening, but someone who was in the first category a year ago would have done very well for themselves. Not only they would have gotten higher rates for getting paid in CEL, but the value of their CEL tokens also grew massively as the platform became more popular hence increasing demand for CEL.

So you can stake on celcius but not take a loan in Ireland?

So you can stake on celcius but not take a loan in Ireland?

Yes the deposit/interest service is definitely available in Ireland (including receiving interests in CEL).

I am not too sure about loans but I remember someone posted on boards that it is not available.

Bob24 wrote: »
    Yes the deposit/interest service is definitely available in Ireland (including receiving interests in CEL).

I am not too sure about loans but I remember someone posted on boards that it is not available.

Damn thanks. Wonder is blockfi available in Ireland?

Not sure about BlockFi (although I would think it is available), but in the same theme Crypto.com’s deposit and interest service is definitely available, and I am also pretty sure Nexo’s is also available .

Nexo is another option and where I keep my bitcoin and xrp. They do loans too, if that's what you're looking for, 5.9% is the lowest rate.

Up to 8% interest for crypto, this is the best I could find for Bitcoin after doing a lot of research earlier in the year. Higher % for fiat and stablecoins. You also receive a dividend for holding their native tokens

Yeah I could do with a few quid released from my holdings without triggering cgt, I'll investigate those platforms thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Bhoy1967

What sites allow you to buy Doge - I have Coinbase and revolut but can't buy Doge through them. Only recently started dipping my toes into crypto - great craic altogether :D

Bhoy1967 wrote: »
    What sites allow you to buy Doge - I have Coinbase and revolut but can't buy Doge through them. Only recently started dipping my toes into crypto - great craic altogether :D

Binance

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

It is...I'm currently earning 4.5% APY on my ETH holdings

fletch wrote: »
    It is...I'm currently earning 4.5% APY on my ETH holdings

Do they offer loans?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

ConseyMan wrote: »
    Any of you guys see the Ethereum thread, it starts in December 2017 and their moaning about the cost being $300 and when will it take off. Course it peaks in January and they for the most still can't spot it. Funny and sobering to read.

Hindsight=20/20 vision. :rolleyes: I seriously doubt you would've spotted the the ETH peak at the time.
    Do they offer loans?

Yes, but not sure if available in Ireland.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 14,818 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Eth 4k today?!

4k now

• Registered Users Posts: 45,262 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

qwwctmc70ruy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭yer man!

Jafin wrote: »
    I'm so excited I just spent a portion of my Saturday night inputting all my purchases since last year into an excel spreadsheet so I can always see exactly what I've spent versus what it's currently worth.

I did the same thing, except I'm too cheap to pay for excel and use Google Sheets instead

• Registered Users Posts: 45,262 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

7 days to go from 3k to 4k.

I used to think 5k was laughable... Now it's around the corner

• Advertisement

6 wrote: »
    7 days to go from 3k to 4k.

I used to think 5k was laughable... Now it's around the corner

Raul Pal from RealVision did a model of Ethereum a couple of months ago whereby he explained that both the growth of active addresses and the price action were a very close match for Bitcoin in the previous cycle.

Of course like all models it can break, but the past few weeks have given him credence.

Tweeter thread here with some charts (click on the link for the whole thread, boards don't preview the whole thing): https://twitter.com/RaoulGMI/status/1347013567799848961?s=20

Advertisement