04-05-2021, 11:20   #1
Vicxas

Star Wars: Bad Batch

Watched the first episode there, going off it i have some high hopes.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
04-05-2021, 16:19   #2
Fonelovin'dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicxas View Post
Watched the first episode there, going off it i have some high hopes.
I watched it earlier and honestly it was a bit meh. Hoping it'll pick up though. Appreciate the first episode is more for setting the lay of the land so didn't expect too much to happen.
04-05-2021, 19:50   #3
Need a Username

I loved it.

I like that they stuck with the style and designs of Clone Wars.

Very interesting to see the transition from Republic to Empire. And weird to see the Clones not being heroes - yes in Episode III and the TCW finale they turned bad but now we see that Order 66 also turned the Regs into jerks.

So like with Ashoka and Ezra/Kanan are people obsessing over the Bad Batch’s fate because they don’t appear in the OT, etc. ??

And has the wagering begun about when Ashoka and Rex are going to turn up?
Thanks from:
04-05-2021, 23:07   #4
Venom

A good start for the most part with a few little issues like the clones turning into raging assholes to each as mentioned above and the Spoiler: resistance seeming to start up so quick into the Empires rule.Would have been nice to see it taking more than one mission to turn the squad against the Empire along with Crosshair's issues with Hunter's leadership being dragged out a bit more. Roll on next week
04-05-2021, 23:24   #5
Slydice

Struth! Spoiler: She's so Stralian!

1: Solid start. This one felt like it had to break them free of the past more than set them up in the present. It sorted that out. I'd be thinking the rest of the season will bring in a direction for the show to take.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
05-05-2021, 08:07   #6
Need a Username

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slydice View Post

1: Solid start. This one felt like it had to break them free of the past more than set them up in the present. It sorted that out. I'd be thinking the rest of the season will bring in a direction for the show to take.
Earth accents are nothing new.

They’ve had Scottish, Irish, French, etc. In the movies and shows.

Twi’leks are French. It bugs me that Hera did not have a French accent with the reason being claimed she had lost it because she left Ryloth at a young age. She was much older than Aayla Secura would have been so the real reason is that you can’t have a French accent in the main cast.
05-05-2021, 08:19   #7
Need a Username

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
A good start for the most part with a few little issues like the clones turning into raging assholes to each as mentioned above and the Spoiler: resistance seeming to start up so quick into the Empires rule.Would have been nice to see it taking more than one mission to turn the squad against the Empire along with Crosshair's issues with Hunter's leadership being dragged out a bit more. Roll on next week
The Clones being jerks does make sense - they are copies of Jango Fett and he was like that.

While watching the episode I thought it made sense to have Spoiler: the Regs becoming jerks because if it they retained their original personalities then they would not fall in line with the Empire’s orders. However after a bit of thought I feel that the writers need to show us some conflict in the Regs to show a reason why Palpatine would abandon an army that apparently now follows any order given.

If the reason is Tarkin’s already established preference for human troops then they should show us that he is influencing the Emperor’s decision.

Last edited by Need a Username; 05-05-2021 at 08:32.
05-05-2021, 11:15   #8
Relikk

Quote:
More of a kiwi accent, and it gives away what she is straight away (even though we knew from the trailer, already).
05-05-2021, 20:12   #9
Need a Username

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relikk View Post
More of a kiwi accent, and it gives away what she is straight away (even though we knew from the trailer, already).
She doesn’t have that accent because she is a clone.

She has the accent because that is the accent of the person she is cloned from, just like the Clones accents in New Zealand because that was Jango’s accent.

I’m guessing the accent is clue that her donar and Jango are from the same world and that the identity of/search of the donar is going to be major storyline through the show.
Advertisement
07-05-2021, 21:34   #10
Slydice

2: Spoiler: Yey! She can stay! Real heart strings moment at the separation!
Thanks from:
07-05-2021, 23:17   #11
Relikk

Really enjoying this so far and it makes me want to go back and watch the first third of season 7 of the Clone Wars again, mostly because of the anticipation for the final third I suppose I never really soaked up the Bad Batch episodes. The Hunter/Omega relationship is cute and definitely not something I foresaw myself being interested in before the show started.
Thanks from:
08-05-2021, 20:11   #12
Varik

Few things so far.

Caleb/Kanan: Was the character ever voiced as a kid before, I've read comics and books but I can't find or remember if there was any flash backs in Rebels. Freddie Prinze, Jr. voice sounded weird for it here, trying to make him sound younger but missing it a bit. Also the complaints of white washing him and some of the clones is ridiculous.

Omega: I like her, and there's no way this show is the characters only appearance. Filoni has talked about it before about his animated stuff, about having characters and themes being younger and aging up in both over a series. Can definitely see her showing up in the future for Mandalorian.
Thanks from:
09-05-2021, 08:05   #13
Need a Username

Quote:
2: Spoiler: Yey! She can stay! Real heart strings moment at the separation!
Agreed
Thanks from:
09-05-2021, 08:36   #14
Need a Username

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varik View Post
Few things so far.

Caleb/Kanan: Was the character ever voiced as a kid before, I've read comics and books but I can't find or remember if there was any flash backs in Rebels. Freddie Prinze, Jr. voice sounded weird for it here, trying to make him sound younger but missing it a bit. Also the complaints of white washing him and some of the clones is ridiculous.

Omega: I like her, and there's no way this show is the characters only appearance. Filoni has talked about it before about his animated stuff, about having characters and themes being younger and aging up in both over a series. Can definitely see her showing up in the future for Mandalorian.
After reading I made the mistake of googling the “white washing”. Now my head hurts.

I see no difference in any the Bad Batch to how they appeared in Clone Wars and any difference in skin tone to each other or the Regs must be tiny.

I see no problem with Kanan.

And Omega has not been “white washed” either. She isn’t a Jango clone and nowhere in Aftermath was it stated that she was. She is a modified clone “like” the Bad Batch are modified but modified from the donor’s DNA. And Omega is a white female clone - meaning the donor is a white female. Star Wars doesn’t do topical issues like gender identity - they do fun adventure.

Yes I am also expecting Omega to turn up in one of the post-RotJ shows but I think it will be the Ashoka Tano series.

What age is she? I am thinking 10?

She is obviously of great importance since the Kaminoan Prime Minister wanted her escape kept secret though what exactly they were keeping secret wasn’t revealed - I got the feeling that it is her existence they want hidden. If she is part of an Imperial agenda then they could keep it secret for long unless there are more of her.

I’m expecting Ashoka, Rex, Boba Fett and Din Djarin to make an appearance at some stage.
09-05-2021, 10:44   #15
Fonelovin'dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need a Username View Post

I’m expecting Ashoka, Rex, Boba Fett and Din Djarin to make an appearance at some stage.
I really hope not. I expect Rex to turn up, maybe Ahsoka but don't see any reason to include Boba and Din at this point in the timeline.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion