Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread II

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭DBK1

jd_12345 wrote: »
    Definitely. Has to be a massive branch with all the tractors out on hire. It'll be some loss for New Holland if its not resolved though. Were they paying for their tractors i wonder to compensate for the new branch? That's what happened with the New Holland Dealer in West Cork a few years back. Big losses on stocks and selling new tractors that he wasn't paying for!
    It’s in the pipeline since before Xmas. There were a few issues being argued over by both sides but payment for new tractors certainly wasn’t one of the problems.

In the end it was New Holland who decided to pull the plug so they must expect to be able to take on another dealer to make up the sales.

They’d want to organise it fairly quick as Shaws have only recently bought out Lyons and Burton so New Holland is gone from their branches too which leaves a very big empty space in the midlands and north Leinster now for NH.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,076 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

DBK1 wrote: »
    It’s in the pipeline since before Xmas. There were a few issues being argued over by both sides but payment for new tractors certainly wasn’t one of the problems.

In the end it was New Holland who decided to pull the plug so they must expect to be able to take on another dealer to make up the sales.

They’d want to organise it fairly quick as Shaws have only recently bought out Lyons and Burton so New Holland is gone from their branches too which leaves a very big empty space in the midlands and north Leinster now for NH.

Will Armstrong machinery not just take over now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭Jb1989

emaherx wrote: »
    Can be done with one person with an easy bleed kit. I've got one that connects to a valve on one of the tyres and uses the air pressure to bleed the system.

https://www.screwfix.ie/p/gunson-brake-bleeding-kit-14-piece-set/33881?gclid=Cj0KCQiA-aGCBhCwARIsAHDl5x9HIt-cKDdf1Jy8VIjTImXh0Kc8YG4qKdCsoaHdTeGZJ3l4bCMqmnYaArr9EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

I had to buy an extra lid and drill a hole in it for my fluid reservoir as none included in the kit fitted.

Lifted same setup, different name tho, at 20 euro, today in motor Factors, super job.

whelan2 wrote: »
    Will Armstrong machinery not just take over now?
    I suppose they’ll pick up some of the north Leinster customers.

Mike Garahy will probably get more of the midlands lads. M&S and Murphy’s will get back some of the southern lads. When it’s all divided up they might all just gain a small bit and New Holland could still survive without WR Shaw!!

Mike Garahy will probably get more of the midlands lads. M&S and Murphy’s will get back some of the southern lads. When it’s all divided up they might all just gain a small bit and New Holland could still survive without WR Shaw!!

He was stepping on a lot of toes and murphys couldnt compete with him price wise.....may have been a dealer revolt within new holland??

I know one grass machinery brand suffered a similar row years ago,with dealers being undercut across the country by one crowd and then expected to do the warrenty work on machines,they havnt sold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

timple23 wrote: »
    He's going putting an led light bar around the wheelarch like the side of an artic trailer anyway:( :confused:

Just watched it. Wasn't struck on the light bar - its a bit form over function and a bit of a fashion addition. Seems well made though. Surprised he didn't hold off for the right one.
    I see he didn't go for my method of the inline switch. I'll not be mucking with the electrics in mine so I'm happy to go for the inline switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,449 ✭✭✭jaymla627

With a t6 180 dynamic gone north of 100k plus the vat as a example of a popular new holland tractor who's going to have the price of one, the ex-hire tractors where savage value out of their as a example a fully loaded t 6 180 with in our around 700 hours ex-hire where being sold for 80k incl vat out of that dealership in 2018, the contractor/farmer is the only real casualty with the dealership being pulled

He was stepping on a lot of toes and murphys couldnt compete with him price wise.....may have been a dealer revolt within new holland??

I know one grass machinery brand suffered a similar row years ago,with dealers being undercut across the country by one crowd and then expected to do the warrenty work on machines,they havnt sold
    There was a bit of a revolt before he bought out Lyons and Burton alright but it was supposed to have been sorted. A few more issues came up afterwards and there was unresolvable differences supposedly.

He definitely would have been stepping on other lads toes, he was selling to every corner of the country.

jaymla627 wrote: »
    With a t6 180 dynamic gone north of 100k plus the vat as a example of a popular new holland tractor who's going to have the price of one, the ex-hire tractors where savage value out of their as a example a fully loaded t 6 180 with in our around 700 hours ex-hire where being sold for 80k incl vat out of that dealership in 2018, the contractor/farmer is the only real casualty with the dealership being pulled
    I see your point but the number of ex-hires is greatly reduced from now on regardless of Shaws or not. Bord Na Mona were using about 70 new tractors every year and they were all sold as ex hires. Bord Na Mona obviously aren’t renewing that contract as they are finished peat production so them numbers won’t be there in future no matter who the dealer is.

There was also about 20 or 25 tractors hired into the airport and I heard (but can’t confirm) that he had lost that contract already as well so between the two that would be near 100 tractors not available any more as ex hire no matter what. .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,876 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

What will Shaws sell now?

• Advertisement

kevthegaff wrote: »
    What will Shaws sell now?
    The rumours around here are that he plans to stay sourcing the clean second hand New Holland’s from UK and further afield and sell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,876 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

I deal with garaghy, worst thing it will be harder to get these lads as theyl take on new clients

kevthegaff wrote: »
    I deal with garaghy, worst thing it will be harder to get these lads as theyl take on new clients
    I deal with him myself too. A sound man and very knowledgeable on what he does. Aileen (his wife) knows almost as much as him when it comes to the spare parts!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Was comparing last years IFJ machinery price supplement with this year, most big machines/tractors have gone up by 1/2k. Fusions have increased by 5 to 10k on last years price.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭French Toast

Was comparing last years IFJ machinery price supplement with this year, most big machines/tractors have gone up by 1/2k. Fusions have increased by 5 to 10k on last years price.

It'll be interesting to see what it'll do to contracting if gear prices keep on the upwards trend. Not easy for a lad to start out of nothing at it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭Grueller

That magazine is a crock of ****e. A NH t6.125s was listed at €113,000 last year. I priced a brand new one with an extra spool valve, large hydraulic pump and a quicke Q5m with multi Dock, self levelling and soft drive with an electronic joystick in nh blue. €83k all in. I said it to the dealer afterwards and he laughed and said never mind that yoke, they would sell twice as many tractors if that could be gotten out of circulation.

It'll be interesting to see what it'll do to contracting if gear prices keep on the upwards trend. Not easy for a lad to start out of nothing at it now.

If he can get work in its no problem. All he needs is a pen to sign the finance agreements.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Morris Moss

Grueller wrote: »
    That magazine is a crock of ****e. A NH t6.125s was listed at €113,000 last year. I priced a brand new one with an extra spool valve, large hydraulic pump and a quicke Q5m with multi Dock, self levelling and soft drive with an electronic joystick in nh blue. €83k all in. I said it to the dealer afterwards and he laughed and said never mind that yoke, they would sell twice as many tractors if that could be gotten out of circulation.

That including vat? Fair deal all the same.

That’s a seriously good deal if including vat. The loader was probably about €10k of that which leaves the tractor at very good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,363 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

That’s a seriously good deal if including vat. The loader was probably about €10k of that which leaves the tractor at very good value.

I hope he snapped that up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭paddysdream

Have to agree there.
    Not what I was told etc but was sitting in the wagon with a neighbour about 2 years ago and he was finalising the deal on a new 180hp tractor.Straight deal with no trade in .
    Same brand as above and price not dissimilar.No loader and plus vat but with a fair few extras.

Those list prices are a joke but then again if dealers actually priced their 2nd hand stuff instead of this POA people might actually ring.How many times you ring about a yoke that looks ok and hear a price thats 10/20k more than its worth ?

That including vat? Fair deal all the same.

Including VAT

Reggie. wrote: »
    I hope he snapped that up

The tractor was bought at that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭cjpm

A few weeks ago someone posted a link to a FB page of some crowd that does agri fabrication etc. I think they were either based in the midlnads or meath.

On thier page they had a picture of a nice milk cart/trolley on three wheels that they built and i would love to have another look at it..... Might consider making my own!!

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭satstheway

Anyone ever make a power box for a 135? Could need to be very light yet the width of the tractor for cleaning yard (dropped silage) and cleaning feed passages and the odd small shed.
    Double spool for lift and ram easy to fit so that's not a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭hopeso

satstheway wrote: »
    Anyone ever make a power box for a 135? Could need to be very light yet the width of the tractor for cleaning yard (dropped silage) and cleaning feed passages and the odd small shed.
    Double spool for lift and ram easy to fit so that's not a problem

Flemming make a 5' powerbox... It should be a good match for a 135....

https://www.fleming-agri.com/product-catalogue/compact-hydraulic-transport-boxes/

https://www.fleming-agri.com/product-catalogue/hydraulic-transport-boxes/

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭satstheway

hopeso wrote: »

Never thought of compact tractor boxes. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

• Registered Users Posts: 24,363 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Getting into the slurry business by the look of it :

https://www.facebook.com/259806080895747/posts/1613510728858602/

Restructuring maybe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Getting into the slurry business by the look of it :

Be a post of a harvester soon enough ha

Advertisement