Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Barnageeragh Cove, Skerries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭CyberSecurity

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Bill is the foreman

Yeah all the houses are wired for Cat5e and coax.

Great , thanks for response :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

I also notice that in the brochure there is mention of Cat5e ( Internet cable ) included... Is this the case? as I was unable to find any in the current showhouse?

I was interested in this particular element, so read a bit more about it in the brochures. They have CAT5 wiring around the house, so for example you can hook up your router in the living room, another router upstairs set up as an access point (to extend the WiFi signal), and your smart TV in the bedroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

Is Tom the main foreman on site?

Regarding the 3 beds, spec appears to be a little different on the new units..

granite surrounds on all 4 sides of windows and a cobble lock driveway are 2 of the changes I have noticed to date...

I also notice that in the brochure there is mention of Cat5e ( Internet cable ) included... Is this the case? as I was unable to find any in the current showhouse?

Main foreman onsite is Bill and Tom would be his right hand man. Two sound guys and have been great coming back and getting little bits and bobs fixed even after we moved in. Honestly I cannot fault them, they worked to ensure we got in for Christmas really pulled out all the stops to get us the keys the day before Christmas Eve. The granite surrounds are the same, cobble lock driveway in new, would have loved a cobble lock driveway.

HA! Internet! The house is wired for Cat5 apparently, same was in BC brochures but internet cannot go in until Eir lay the cables and they have a number of disputes with the developers. We are in since Christmas and still have no internet but Eir told me yesterday the cables would be laid by March 28 following the current dispute with developers being resolved. If you have a look online the BC brochure is fairly easy to find and you can do a comparison of the two and judge what things are promised and what are delivered.

I was interested in this particular element, so read a bit more about it in the brochures. They have CAT5 wiring around the house, so for example you can hook up your router in the living room, another router upstairs set up as an access point (to extend the WiFi signal), and your smart TV in the bedroom.

Thanks,

I usually run my own network anyway , just curious to see which rooms the cat5 will be run into initially.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Would also commend Bill and Tom. Very helpful, approachable and accomodating!

Cat5 converges at the office space. In the 4 beds it goes to all rooms bar the two smaller bedrooms, can't comment on the 3 beds.

• Advertisement

Cat5 converges at the office space. In the 4 beds it goes to all rooms bar the two smaller bedrooms, can't comment on the 3 beds.

Thanks again ILIKEBOATS. I appreciate the info on this

Sample of Cobble loc drive and white render on walls of Hamilton Hill

Very nice, would prefer that than the tarmac

HH site plan and Landscaping ( including drawing of the tiered elevations in the gardens)

For anyone who might be interested in seeing where their new house is relative to existing google earth image of 6th Feb 2016, I managed to copy the HH site plan from Fingal site and overlay it onto google earth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭by the seaside

Bill and Tom are the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 SydneySyder

For anyone who might be interested in seeing where their new house is relative to existing google earth image of 6th Feb 2016, I managed to copy the HH site plan from Fingal site and overlay it onto google earth.

Thanks for all the photos and updates !:)

Thanks for all the photos and updates !:)

You're very welcome:)

Have a few more from this Saturday that I'll put up...
    Show house now closed for good as of yesterday....
    New show house due to open in HH (No. 15) in May...

Still trying to figure out how the gardens will look like (beaing in mind the different levels )

Place progressing nicely

15-20 Hamilton Hill

13-14 HH (14 is the Show house for the 4 beds)

From the new road looking up on the site

outside 4bed show house

foundations poured for 21-24 (3 beds)

Upper level 33-34 foundations started

The view from above

• Advertisement

road up between Phase 1 and 2

You're very welcome:)

Have a few more from this Saturday that I'll put up...
    Show house now closed for good as of yesterday....
    New show house due to open in HH (No. 15) in May...

Still trying to figure out how the gardens will look like (beaing in mind the different levels )

Place progressing nicely

I'm intrigued by the configuration of the gardens too. We have one of the back rowers so we have still a while to wait. Is there a planned green behind the proposed petrol station- Just going by the landscaping plans you posted?

I'm intrigued by the configuration of the gardens too. We have one of the back rowers so we have still a while to wait. Is there a planned green behind the proposed petrol station- Just going by the landscaping plans you posted?

Yes, My understanding was that there is to be 2 green areas. Initial plans were for 2 football pitches ( astro turf).... I think that has now changed to 1 astro turf pitch down the Balbriggan side of the estate and a wild flower green area behind the proposed Petrol station ( But I could be wrong on that!??)

The tiered gardens in their current guise look small ( in comparison to the current show house), but I'm sure they will be fine once the soil has been scrubbed back.

Anyone got clarification form the builders Re. Tiered gardens??

Hi All, has anyone signed contracts yet for Phase 1 of HH?
    Just wondering has anyone asked for clarification on any elements of the build?

Like clarification that a huge petrol station might be built next door?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

As if they'll tell you :cool: Save this link saved and keep and an eye on Fingal Co Co Decision:

Xy7xP9D.png
    yannakis wrote: »

more queries on the general site build itself, tiered aspect to gardens.... that sort of stuff.
    But I get your point...keeping an eye on the petrol station planning app.

yannakis wrote: »
    keep and an eye on Fingal Co Co Decision
    Yeah waiting patiently!
    I'm convinced it will go ahead anyway.
    more queries on the general site build itself, tiered aspect to gardens.... that sort of stuff.

You could just ring Bill to discuss that. Have you his number?

Yeah waiting patiently!
    I'm convinced it will go ahead anyway.

You could just ring Bill to discuss that. Have you his number?

Hi, No I don't have his number. Maybe you could PM it to me if you see fit. Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi All, has anyone signed contracts yet for Phase 1 of HH?
    Just wondering has anyone asked for clarification on any elements of the build?[

I enquired the other day and was told that the contracts have not gone out yet as there is an outstanding item the developer's solicitor is waiting on before he can issue them. I was then told that they did not expect any further delays though!

Advertisement