Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Barnageeragh Cove, Skerries

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

We have a family member who is a painter so he will be doing the extra painting for us. Hoping he can get access before we get the keys.

We have agreed with the tiler that he will be doing the extra tiling for us throughout. We haven't snagged yet and the tiling is only starting next week ðŸ™

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭by the seaside

We should be in for Christmas, but we are in rented so don't have any chain stress. Can't wait! We're already in Skerries anyway and if anyone has any commuting to Dublin questions, ask away.

Kitchen mostly in and tiles go in next week. :)

Painter rang today, starting on Monday, fantastic news. Foreman doesnt fancy our chances of being in for Christmas though, disappointing but sure what can you do.

All signed and sealed with our current house and the buyers want in by Christmas, oh the joys of being in a chain!!

We should be in for Christmas, but we are in rented so don't have any chain stress. Can't wait! We're already in Skerries anyway and if anyone has any commuting to Dublin questions, ask away.

Kitchen mostly in and tiles go in next week. :)

Do you get the train / bus?

Ms Tootsie wrote: »
    Do you get the train / bus?

Usually the train but sometimes I drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Googz21

Hi All,

My wife and I are looking at one of the 4 bedroom semi-detached units and as this will potentially be our first home i am unsure of how the flooring works.

Do we have to pay for and choose additional flooring for the bedrooms, lounge rooms etc?
    If so, do any of you have a rough estimate of the cost?
    Are there any reommendations on a company to provide and install the flooring (carpets or wood)?

Many Thanks
    Gregg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Recommendations by pm only please

Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

Googz21 wrote: »
    Hi All,

My wife and I are looking at one of the 4 bedroom semi-detached units and as this will potentially be our first home i am unsure of how the flooring works.

Do we have to pay for and choose additional flooring for the bedrooms, lounge rooms etc?
    Are there any reommendations on a company to provide and install the flooring (carpets or wood)?

Many Thanks
    Gregg

The bathroom floors are the only floors supplied. It's hard to estimate a cost for your flooring as it all depends what you get!
    The builder has a preferred supplier of wooden floors and carpets where you'd get a discount, same with the tiles.
    Feel free to pm

Googz21 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Many Thanks
    Gregg

you are given a budget of 2 1/2 k to get tiles for the house - if you choose wisely you can easily fit in the bathrooms and kitchen and lounge. We added extra to the budget and also bought tiles for the hall and wooden floor for the living room. We are paying the tiler extra to just put these down for us

We are getting the carpets from the recommended carpet provided, they are a bit on the pricier end to be honest, even with the discount but the added convenience of not having to be there to let them in is a big plus for us as we have little annual leave in work. You can shop around and get carpets for a budget from chain stores if that makes sense.

We are in the middle of it all now so it is all very fresh in my head. Feel free to PM me and I can give you more details and names of suppliers and subcontractors.

Usually the train but sometimes I drive.

With the drive how do you find traffic into the city centre? I am stuck with driving for a few months because of child minding options.

• Advertisement

With the drive how do you find traffic into the city centre? I am stuck with driving for a few months because of child minding options.

You need to be on the road early if your childcare commitments allow. Where do you travel into?

Signed sealed and delivered contracts on our current property and the new house in Skerries yesterday. Have to be out of the current place by Dec 23 - cue a mad couple of weeks. The foreman is a star and doing everything he can to try and ensure the new place is ready in time. If it is not we will sort storage and stay with family. Not ideal with a one year old in tow esp celebrating Christmas but these things happen. Snagging on Monday. Tiling finished today, painting finished on Saturday. Heading out ourselves this weekend to have a peek and do our own bit of snagging.

Great stuff.

The foreman is brilliant! He got us in on Friday.

Congratulations on getting in, very exciting. He has been brilliant I have to say. Even if we dont get in before Christmas it definitely isnt for lack of trying on his part.

Signed sealed and delivered contracts on our current property and the new house in Skerries yesterday. Have to be out of the current place by Dec 23 - cue a mad couple of weeks. The foreman is a star and doing everything he can to try and ensure the new place is ready in time. If it is not we will sort storage and stay with family. Not ideal with a one year old in tow esp celebrating Christmas but these things happen. Snagging on Monday. Tiling finished today, painting finished on Saturday. Heading out ourselves this weekend to have a peek and do our own bit of snagging.

Wow. You've left it exciting!

We will have snagging list with builders tomorrow to hopefully get keys next week. We have until 30th to be out of our current house, but Santy has the new address.

Santy has the new address.

Well that is the most important thing at the end of the day!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Siphious

Hi,

We are looking at a 3 bed unit here. We are looking at Guillemot. Has anyone living here had any problems with smell from the water treatment plant across the road?

You'd smell it now and again, once or twice a week maybe. Never inside the house. Wouldn't bother me too much tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Siphious

Thanks. Do you find any change in summer when it is warmer? Is it the chemicals you smell or other? We are looking at the houses straight across the road so other people living in the area might be better hidden from it :)

Only here a couple of weeks so can't comment on the summer unfortunately!
    I'm in the houses behind the ones you are looking at!

A faint smell of sh!te is how I would describe it. Nothing chemical-ly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭blue.jester

Hey,

So, the clan are moving into one of these lovely houses in early Jan and I was just onto Digiweb about our broadband. It turns out that the only options they can provide are 2MB or, at best, "Next Gen" 24MB. Surely this can't be the case in a modern development can it?

At the minute we are in Enfield with Fibre broadband.

Has any of our future neighbours got decent internet in the cove or is Dublin somehow going backwards?

Siphious wrote: »
    Hi,

We are looking at a 3 bed unit here. We are looking at Guillemot. Has anyone living here had any problems with smell from the water treatment plant across the road?

Oddly I could smell it faintly this morning for the first time, due to the wind direction. But this was at the school end of the shopping centre car park so right next to it. I doubt it would be noticeable further away but I could be wrong.

We did our final check today. A few small jobs left and we complete tomorrow and move on Saturday.

And... we moved in. Boxes everywhere and Christmas tree up. Happy days.

And... we moved in. Boxes everywhere and Christmas tree up. Happy days.

Congratulations! Health and happiness in your new home. Fantastic to get in before Christmas

Welcome!

Trying to line a few things up for moving. What bin companies service Barnageeragh?

I got bins from Panda.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭younge

Hey all, I'm interested in the next phase.. houses look beautiful.
    What's the wooden build like, would you here your neighbours chatting? I'm a stickler for sound lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

Maybe this is the wrong place for this - apologies if so - but what would his area be like for commuting to work in the city centre? Looks like a lovely area to live but am not sure the commute would be so lovely.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

younge wrote: »
    Hey all, I'm interested in the next phase.. houses look beautiful.
    What's the wooden build like, would you here your neighbours chatting? I'm a stickler for sound lol

I haven't heard my neighbours ever.
    conf101 wrote: »
    Maybe this is the wrong place for this - apologies if so - but what would his area be like for commuting to work in the city centre? Looks like a lovely area to live but am not sure the commute would be so lovely.

Thanks

You can get the bus or train. I'm not so sure on the bus, there's the normal 33 which can take 1.5hrs to get to town, there might be a 33x which does it quicker, not sure?
    The train is around a 20 min walk from BC. The train takes around 45 mins to get to the city centre. I did it for over 10 years, tis fine 99% of the time.

Advertisement