Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Barnageeragh Cove, Skerries

• 01-07-2015 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi, just put a booking deposit down on 3 bed semi in Barnageeragh Cove. It'll be ready early 2016. Not from the area so just looking for opinions on the estate and skerries in general? I've two young children so schools / family life important. Have heard skerries is great place to bring up a family!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Mehread

HeY we're looking at that development. How come you have to wait until 2016? At what point do you have to put down the full 10% deposit... It says online the booking deposit is only 5k.

Really looks like a nice finish inside.... Interested to hear more on the process if you don't mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I don't know much about this development but I'm from a nearby village and Skerries in general is a lovely place. There's a nice community feel, beautiful coast, playgrounds for the children, Ardgillan Castle & Demesne down the road (this was one of my favourite places to go as a child) and a great choice of local restaurants. It's definitely a good place to raise a family.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Regan01

The house could be ready in November but we've asked for it to be pushed back till January because we're not ready to move till then. You pay the €5k to secure the property, then the 10% balance on signing of contracts. I'd recommend <snip> in skerries (good reputation and competitive price), they'll talk you through the whole process from a to z! Spec does look good, and beside the sea... Think it's a great option!

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭dutopia

Hi,

I have bought a 3 bed semi here, we're moving in early next month (at the snagging stage now).

I'm originally from Skerries and have lived in a number of areas around Dublin north. I'm very happy to be moving back there! Close to the sea, the train station, great amenities, etc. Good community of people out there, too. I have a lot of experience now with the process of choosing changes to the interior so if you have any questions ask away.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭sleepyholland

Hi dutopia,

Hope you got moved in.
    Just wondering if you've any advice for someone considering this estate? House position, what kind of interior options you had, snags you encountered?
    I've heard there are management fees, are they expensive?

Best of luck in your new home!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭captain caveman

Sorry to bump an old thread, but we're looking at possibly buying a house in Barnageerah.. Any thoughts on the new 3 beds? In particular, is there much noise from next door? We're in lusk at the moment but the walls are very thin and noise is an issue. Any info would be great!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Natakranta

Bump! Any feedback regarding this development would be hugely appreciated. We are looking for a 3 bed there.
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

Any feedback on this development would be greatly appreciated. We have a deposit down on a 4 bed semi. Due to be finished in Oct how are they for sticking to timelines?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Nobu

Hi, in process of finalising the closing of three bed room house at the moment.

It was due to close in July though with the builders holidays etc. there has been some delay.

In relation to the sound insulation, I cannot comment as of yet as I haven't moved in though will update as I do.

If anyone has any queries etc. I'm happy to assist as much as I could.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

Ms Tootsie wrote: »
    Any feedback on this development would be greatly appreciated. We have a deposit down on a 4 bed semi. Due to be finished in Oct how are they for sticking to timelines?

Also down for the 4 bed semi! We could be neighbours!

Was out at them last night. The wooden frames are up on the first two. Should be getting a walk around in the next 2 weeks.

I think they're pretty good at sticking to the timelines

• Advertisement

Utah wrote: »
    Also down for the 4 bed semi! We could be neighbours!

Was out at them last night. The wooden frames are up on the first two. Should be getting a walk around in the next 2 weeks.

I think they're pretty good at sticking to the timelines

Hi possible neighbour!

Headed out last week they seem to be coming along. Have you heard any update on finished times?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Are you guys locval to skerries or intend commuting in to Dublin- curious to know

I'm originally from Skerries but haven't lived there in 6 years.
    Hi possible neighbour!

Headed out last week they seem to be coming along. Have you heard any update on finished times?

Hello!
    We were in the house with Bill the foreman on Thursday. He had moved his original estimate from mid October to early November.

We heard from the estate agent that someone pulled out of buying and it has since been resold for 390k. So the price has gone up already!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

How far above sea level are they.

I would guess over 10 meters but less than 50

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

I guess that's ok. It would be a disaster if they needed flood protection like that proposed for clontarf due to rising tides. (And no way it would be funded)

Hi,

I've been living in Barnageeragh Cove for a year now. We live in a 3 bed semi on Linnett.

I've been off boards for a while but any questions, fire away.

I commute on the train to Pearse St. station every morning. 5 minutes drive (about 8 minutes by bike or 20 minutes walk) to the train station. 35-40 minutes on the train. It's fine for me, but everyone is different - this may be too long for some people.

General comments:

* Houses are warm - very cheap to run
    * Some maintenance has been required post move-in but builders have done so at no cost
    * Lovely people living in the development, made some good friends and neighbours already
    * Houses finished well
    * Kids playground is great
    * One bad thing is the public street lightning has not be finalised yet giving dodgy people opportunities to skulk around in the dark

I'm originally from Skerries but haven't lived there in 6 years.

Hello!
    We were in the house with Bill the foreman on Thursday. He had moved his original estimate from mid October to early November.

We heard from the estate agent that someone pulled out of buying and it has since been resold for 390k. So the price has gone up already!

We were out last week as well. House is still a shell with the scaffolding just down. Met with Tom who seemed to think any time before end of Nov wouldnt be realistic. Nightmare really as we have sold our current house so are in limbo from the end of Oct and will likely have to bunk in with family for a bit.

Wow! Sold for 390?!

dutopia wrote: »
    Hi,

I've been living in Barnageeragh Cove for a year now. We live in a 3 bed semi on Linnett.

I've been off boards for a while but any questions, fire away.

I commute on the train to Pearse St. station every morning. 5 minutes drive (about 8 minutes by bike or 20 minutes walk) to the train station. 35-40 minutes on the train. It's fine for me, but everyone is different - this may be too long for some people.

General comments:

* Houses are warm - very cheap to run
    * Some maintenance has been required post move-in but builders have done so at no cost
    * Lovely people living in the development, made some good friends and neighbours already
    * Houses finished well
    * Kids playground is great
    * One bad thing is the public street lightning has not be finalised yet giving dodgy people opportunities to skulk around in the dark

Thanks for the feedback. Commute seems very reasonable to have such a great quality of life. Shorter commute than we have now so that is a big plus. Disappointing about the street lights, hopefully that will be rectified soon enough.

Are you guys locval to skerries or intend commuting in to Dublin- curious to know

I would be commuting into Dublin for work

• Advertisement

Our kitchen is in.
    Tiles are soon to start.
    Electric and plumbing second fixes are starting on Friday.

I think we're looking on track

Our kitchen is in.
    Tiles are soon to start.
    Electric and plumbing second fixes are starting on Friday.

I think we're looking on track

Jealous! We are a week or two out from the kitchen going in. You guys are flying it which is brilliant! It will be great to be in and settled before Christmas.

Thanks for the feedback. Commute seems very reasonable to have such a great quality of life. Shorter commute than we have now so that is a big plus. Disappointing about the street lights, hopefully that will be rectified soon enough.

Just this week some of the streetlights came on! Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rhythmsticks

Hi Dutopia,

Great to hear. Do you get a seat on the train on the way to/from Dublin at peak times? I wondered if the playground gets noisy being located so centrally in the estate?

Hit and miss. It's been rather busy the last month with bus strikes and students going back to college. Before that I would get a seat 3-4 days out of 5. Now I'm getting maybe 1-2 days only.

Playground isn't noisy. It's set back from most of the houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Just back from visiting the show house in this estate today. Love the location and skerries seems like a great place to live.
    Would love to hear about sound insulation between the houses. House we are in now is solid as a rock so don't want to hear neighbours toilets flushing! Also any feedback on local schools would be good, is it generally easy enough to get a space?

annoyedgal wrote: »
    Just back from visiting the show house in this estate today. Love the location and skerries seems like a great place to live.
    Would love to hear about sound insulation between the houses. House we are in now is solid as a rock so don't want to hear neighbours toilets flushing! Also any feedback on local schools would be good, is it generally easy enough to get a space?

Only time I've really heard neighbours is when they were drilling the wall. I have on occasion heard some muffled 'thumping' from running up the stairs, but that's it. No talking, flushing or anything else. We've never been disturbed by sounds.

We snagged the house at the start of the week. Should be getting keys soon enough!

I am very jealous. We are not even at snag stage yet. Worried we wont have keys before Christmas. Selling our own house and currently experiencing the extra stress of being in a chain. Ordered our carpets at the weekend.

What colour is the house painted throughout? Did you have much to snag?

• Advertisement

There's two standard colours throughout. Then you can get your own if you want. We painted 2 of our rooms different colours

The painter is a very nice guy. In fact, they are all very nice and accommodating!

Snag was quite short and minor. All just superficial. Great result!

Advertisement