Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bargain Alerts - Lego

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭lostboy75

Smiths
    LEGO City Passenger Train 7938 was €119.99 now €82.99
    LEGO City Police Museum Break-in 60008 was €64.99 now €49.99

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Came across this on Adverts - really is a bargain if you're interested in Indiana Jones, it's not going to come cheaper:

http://www.adverts.ie/lego-building-toys/lego-indiana-jones-temple-escape-7623-8-14-years/2546534

• Registered Users Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B005KIQ32Q/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=brickset00-21&linkCode=as2&camp=1642&creative=19458&creativeASIN=B005KIQ32Q

If I wasn't going away next week I'd be buying this. works out at about €94 posted to Ireland or €90 if you go through Parcel Motel.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

Have seen it before and not sure if it's always the case these days, but Lego shop has free delivery on spend over € 55.

Also currently if you spend € 35 or more you get a free Iron Man vs Fighting Drone mini set thingy!

• Advertisement

Just in case anyone isn't subscribed to Bargain Alerts forum, here's a useful Lego BA!

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭lostboy75

Gandalf arrives, €7 in Tesco

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Lego City Fire Engine €7.99 reduced from €18.99 in Smyths Blanchardstown this afternoon. I couldn't believe my eyes!:eek: That is amazing value.:D

I already have this set (60002) that I paid €12.99 for a couple of months back on Amazon but at such a huge reduction I just had to buy another - It'll be a pressie for a old friend's 6 year old son.:)

600022.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

Handy one this:

3 for 2 on all toys in Argos, including the new Lego sets. Valid until 6th August.

Added to that, get €5 voucher on a €30 Lego spend. Good until 27th August

Granted their prices were/are never the cheapest, but you can't beat 3 for 2, especially if you're spending on sets > ~ €25

Spocker wrote: »
    Handy one this:

3 for 2 on all toys in Argos, including the new Lego sets. Valid until 6th August.

Added to that, get €5 voucher on a €30 Lego spend. Good until 27th August

Granted their prices were/are never the cheapest, but you can't beat 3 for 2, especially if you're spending on sets > ~ €25
    Wow if 3 people chipped in together you could have 42009 each for around € 135!:eek: 42008 would be € 80 each! Granted though no store in Ireland has either in stock yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

g0g wrote: »
    Wow if 3 people chipped in together you could have 42009 each for around € 135!:eek: 42008 would be € 80 each! Granted though no store in Ireland has either in stock yet!

Still None to be had,If you come across either let me know as I would be interested .

Still None to be had,If you come across either let me know as I would be interested .
    Will do, but doubt I'll be allowed as I already splashed out on the crane last week from the Lego shop! I can't imagine all Argos stores stocking even one to be honest, let alone three of the things!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭FionnOh

Toymaster in Kilkenny has an unreal selection actually..

7499 (8 straight rails with flexi-rails) - 20 Quid

7937 was either 30 or 35, I can't recall but either way cheaper than lego.com..

lego-city-5621-bregova-ohrana.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I was in Tesco Mahon Point yesterday evening and they had the LOTR Orcs Forge 9476 down from €52 to €26

gubbie wrote: »
    I was in Tesco Mahon Point yesterday evening and they had the LOTR Orcs Forge 9476 down from €52 to €26

You, sir, are a gent and a scholar.

I was going to pick it up on Amazon while they still had them for €33, after missing them while they were the same price in Argos. I drove up as soon as I saw your post and they had two left. I picked up one, and was severely tempted to get the last one too (I reckon this will do well post-retirement, especially as an accompaniment for Orthanc). I decided to leave someone else pick up a bargain though, so there's still one left.

You, sir, are a gent and a scholar.

I was going to pick it up on Amazon while they still had them for €33, after missing them while they were the same price in Argos. I drove up as soon as I saw your post and they had two left. I picked up one, and was severely tempted to get the last one too (I reckon this will do well post-retirement, especially as an accompaniment for Orthanc). I decided to leave someone else pick up a bargain though, so there's still one left.

*mam. And you're welcome.

I was in town today and checked tesco Dawn square but they're not selling any LOTR or Hobbit sets

gubbie wrote: »
    *mam. And you're welcome.

I was in town today and checked tesco Dawn square but they're not selling any LOTR or Hobbit sets

Ah, my apologies! Thanks anyway :)

Tesco do mad sales: Gandalf Arrives is in Tesco Douglas for €6

There's a thread over on BA about this website having a sale. 50% off using code AUG17 for the next couple of days. I see they do have a selection of Lego, although not a whole lot of it in stock. Tested code on a Duplo set and it worked half price in basket.

LEGO Link

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭HorseSea

Thanks, there isn't much left is there. But I got a few mini figs at half price. Cheers.

Just revisted and they have http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=4428-1 for €12.50 after discount +p&p which is not bad.

https://www.openingminds.ie/product-detail/110668/Lego/City+Advent+Calendar+Lego/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

€34.99 in Argos - out of stock almost everywhere, but just checking on the off chance today - they let me reserve in my local store (Naas) for next week... :D

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=WARGS&authToken=

Paddy

Another Argos one - #6862 Superman vs Power Armour Lex Luthor €13.99.

Another Argos one - #6862 Superman vs Power Armour Lex Luthor €13.99.

LINK!
    Only 7 in stock in the country and all down the stix! Also, there's loads of other stuff on offer - anything that makes this one better?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Thanks lads off to get mine now !

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭HorseSea

Camper van 10220 on Lego.com 79.99 sterling, seems good price, ordered yesterday, shipped last night.

g0g wrote: »
    LINK!
    Only 7 in stock in the country and all down the stix! Also, there's loads of other stuff on offer - anything that makes this one better?

It was just the pick of the bunch for me, but that's just because it's aligned to my interests - I love Superhero stuff. Also, there are three minifigures in this that currently are not in any other set (the Superman is different from the Man of Steel Superman; Lex only appeared in an exlusive polybag; and Wonder Woman is completely unique). This set is a home run at RRP, so this is a steal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Just an fyi to all those getting the Lex set it wasn't on there system when i went in to get it, But the code worked on there till and i got the last one in the Crescent Branch in limerick :D

This isn't a bargain alert, but just an alert in general for those who don't know: Smyths are really upping their game with regards to exclusives. I was in the Cork Maylor Street store yesterday and they're now stocking 10188 Death Star, 10221 Super Star Destroyer, 10937 Arkham Asylum, and 21103 DeLorean.

The Death Star is cheaper in Smyths than from Lego directly, Arkham is around the same price, but the SSD and DeLorean are a bit more expensive. Odd to have those kinds of discrepancies I think but there you go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

Are Smyths doing any more 20% off online as they did a few months back?
    SSD is over priced at present so with the discount it would bring it into line.

Advertisement