Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Arcade Fire - Mega Superthread. All gig/new album discussion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

The Friday broadcast has the benefit of retakes and a far better mix than most other shows. Judging by the youtube set alone, their Jools showing kicks the crap out of their SNL performance by quite some mileage. It's like watching two different bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,297 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Gregsor wrote: »
    Well what did you think?

Put it on for 5 minutes,i like to savour Jools for Friday night repeats when it just goes that extra mile:D.

Is it just that certain of their songs sometimes are hard to perform live?

Month of May was poor enough I thought. Ready to Start was really good though. I agree with ms valentine, way better than SNL.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Month of May sounded really good ^^,just spoilt my friday night there!
    Laptop would not turn up enough though for what to me is one of the best songs of 2010;).

Gregsor wrote: »
    Month of May sounded really good ^^,just spoilt my friday night there!
    Laptop would not turn up enough though for what to me is one of the best songs of 2010;).

I just think it was a bit off. Sorry. It is a good song however, just wouldn't rank it up their with the best live songs off the album.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

The O2 gig can't come quick enough for me.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 technogoblin

finally, and completely worth the wait, spike jonze can do no wrong. roll on december 5/6!

Longer version of the same video as you see on the big screen when they play the song live right? Not bad, not blowing me away but videos are secondary these days. Cracking song both live and on record, all that matters.

^ roll on Dec 5/6th indeed!

8-10 wrote: »
    Longer version of the same video as you see on the big screen when they play the song live right?

Sort of, they made a point of cutting around a particularly important element of the narrative for the stage footage though. What was shown at the gigs made it look quite a bit more conventional than it is.

I'm very curious to know if there's a bigger cut of this somewhere, and if we'll ever see it. The way it's edited seems to hint at a couple of things that would be bizarre to include on their own like
    the mask the boy is carrying at the start
    . And not an arty kind of bizarre, either, it's not interesting or noticeable enough to just throw out there for the sake of it. I'm pretty sure I've definitely seen more footage than we see here at some of the shows, so there is more of this out there. Whether any of the rest of it will be put to use, who knows I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭dylbert

HD version

anyone recognise the two cops?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

dylbert wrote: »
    HD version

anyone recognise the two cops?

In the description to the 720P version: "Taken from the short film: Scenes From The Suburbs"

So.. when will we see Scenes From The Suburbs?

There's some manner of release for The Suburbs single on December 20th, so likely around about then.

Speaking of which, arcadefiretube has all four of the songs they played on Jools. As awesome as Month of May was, and even though they didn't do the outro (They should always do the outro), it's probably my favourite performance of The Suburbs thus far. It makes a good use of all the players, it's been annoying me how wasted the strings feel when they play a lot of the newer songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I haven't got my AF ticket from Partners in Health. Anyone else in the same boat?

What was the last contact you had with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

got an email saying the crowdsurge tickets will be dispatched in next 2 days. they sure do leave it tight considering the poxy post service.

It seems CrowdSurge have a lot more orders for this gig and the UK ones than some of the others on the continent so fingers crossed there won't be any issues with these!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

donnacha wrote: »
    got an email saying the crowdsurge tickets will be dispatched in next 2 days. they sure do leave it tight considering the poxy post service.

Got this email too. Better have the ticket before I head away that week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Also received the email; however name is spelled ' Mcarlde' instead of 'McArdle'- worth contacting them over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Also received the email; however name is spelled ' Mcarlde' instead of 'McArdle'- worth contacting them over?

I wouldn't say so. It's an obvious typo.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

The gig in Marseille was amazing last night. I'd no idea just how good they were live :)

I got me a free tambourine when they chucked it in the crowd at the end :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Glad to hear you enjoyed pickarooney..

One of the great local radio stations in Lisbon (Radar) were playing Arcade Fire non-stop last week while I was there.. rubbing salt in the wounds that the gig was cancelled! :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

basquille wrote: »
    Glad to hear you enjoyed pickarooney..

One of the great local radio stations in Lisbon (Radar) were playing Arcade Fire non-stop last week while I was there.. rubbing salt in the wounds that the gig was cancelled! :(

I actually had a thought for you last night. Will you get to see them in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Probably not..

Is there still tickets even available?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Pretty sure there is still tickets available for the 2nd date.

They're still advertising it like there is anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 paul_ie86

Anyone know if there is a bus going from Athlone for the Monday concert?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Most of it is still on Vevo/Youtube, the full uninterrupted video is floating around, I'll go have a look for it.

EDIT:

It's worth saying, ArcadeFireTube has whatever was broadcast of the MTV Worldstage set in Galicia. Fewer songs than the Madison Square Garden webcast, but a beast of a performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭splashthecash

guys - what is the story with these Dublin tickets?? I'm still waiting for tickets for the Sunday 5th gig....

i went with crowdsurge because everyone here said how great they were. how can they get this so wrong?? why would they wait so late to send them out?

what happens if friday comes and there are no tickets - i have to wait outside the O2 in the cold for the tickets that I have paid postage for? I assume they will refund the postage charge?

Cheers!

Everyone's in the same boat re:Crowdsurge. I've never had trouble with them before, and had only heard good things about them when the tickets went onsale.

In the meantime, as detailed in the emails - Irish tickets started going out today, the remainder to go out tomorrow and Friday. If you do not receive yours by Friday, contact Crowdsurge and have your tickets changed to Box Office collection.

• Advertisement

Everyone's in the same boat re:Crowdsurge. I've never had trouble with them before, and had only heard good things about them when the tickets went onsale.

But what did you use them for before? It wasn't AF right?

Same thing last night, didn't deliver the tickets to the box office until doors had opened.

Advertisement