Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭rossism

yeah, just killed allant now onto the old one:cool:

EDIT:new game plus:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Blue Dragon soul gives SFA, just consume it. hold onto the maidens soul. you'll get some decent magic off yuria.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Played this game for a few hours today and i really like it, its fairly refreshing to play such a difficult game.
    Definitely gonna clock up a few hours on this.

A few hours is a major understatement, i'm tempted to pay someone to break into my house and steal it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭wayne040576

I got this during the week on ebay from a uk seller (xbite games) 60 quid. Bought from them before. It's the chinese\english version. Only bad thing is that most of the manual is chinese but the games is English.

I've only played a little over an hour today. I think I'll have to allow myself some more time to play in a session as I didn't realise I'd be thrown back to the start of the level each time I died. It wouldn't be such a bad thing except all of the items I collect are gone each new time around but the enemies I kill have respawned.

I started with a soldier as the wiki said it was a good class for beginners. It'd be nice to have a ranged weapon at times though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

I got this during the week on ebay from a uk seller (xbite games) 60 quid. Bought from them before. It's the chinese\english version. Only bad thing is that most of the manual is chinese but the games is English.

I've only played a little over an hour today. I think I'll have to allow myself some more time to play in a session as I didn't realise I'd be thrown back to the start of the level each time I died. It wouldn't be such a bad thing except all of the items I collect are gone each new time around but the enemies I kill have respawned.

I started with a soldier as the wiki said it was a good class for beginners. It'd be nice to have a ranged weapon at times though.
    Isnt it just the souls that you lose? I think you keep the items.

Niall0 wrote: »
    Isnt it just the souls that you lose? I think you keep the items.

Yeah. Sorry I meant they are gone from the level for good. So if you used them before you died, you can't get them again.

lesson to be learned. dont die.

rossism wrote: »
    lesson to be learned. dont die.

Yeah I learned that very quick. Found myself running away a lot. Pity the game doesn't come with the option to play the Benny Hill Theme.

have to say, just stay at it. the game gets easier as you level up and unlock more magic spells and better weapons and equipment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

have to say, just stay at it. the game gets easier as you level up and unlock more magic spells and better weapons and equipment.

Yeah I find this with quite a few asian games I've played. It's like the learning curve is reversed. They start off difficult and then get easier as you progress.

wayne040576, stick with it. Learn to parry with your shield for the first level. Once you unlock the ability to level up (talk to the woman with the glowing staff in the nexus) the game will start to get easier and easier.

NOTE: DO NOT CONSUME YOUR DEMON SOULS - I made this mistake at the start :( When you fight a large demon, save their soul, and read this link as to what you can do with them:

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/demon-s-souls

Also, on the first level there are 2 levers you can pull that will open shortcuts that will stay open even you die.

I've found these 2 links invaluable (even though the walkthrough isn't complete yet) Trust me, you will need to read the wiki and figure out what you are supposed to do. The game is unrelenting and you won't be given any tips as to what to do next, who to talk to or what you should do with your demon's souls when you collect them.

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/
    http://mycheats.1up.com/view/superguide/3169297/demon_s_souls/ps3

Talking about demon's souls. I got the Dragon Demon's Soul there yesterday.

What should I do with it? Here are my options:

* Freke - Fireball
    * Yuria - Firestorm
    * Urbain - Rage of God

get firestorm off yuria.

i got rage of gods on my first playthrough and now that i have firestorm in my second i regret not getting it in my first.

its strong enough to kill most bosses in two or three hits.

get firestorm off yuria.

Got it... pretty disappointed though. It will probably be good against bosses, but I can't see myself using it much before getting to the boss. I guess it will work if you use a sword mainly and just have magic as a backup. I'm mainly investing in my magic and ranged attacks (the lava bow is excellent as it buffs from physical and magic upgrades) so I don't really have 3 magic slots free to give to a spell I'll probably only use once per level. Against the gecko nest in 2.2 this should be very useful though.

Also, does anyone know when Patches starts selling Ephemeral Eyes and Sticky white stuff?

I think its after you've killed the 3 bosses per world. The old lady sells them too but that requires going through the valley of defilement. 50K souls a stone.

Speaking of which that Valley of defilement is the one level i hate, the fights against the giant goblins are too bloody tough with your mobility down to zilch in th swamp.

BTW firestorm is handy with the leeches bit(i'll say no more). How good is moving soul arrow? i went with the insanity catalyst(bad mistake) and thirst.

your not missing to much.
    its a strong spell but it has its flaws.you cast it and lock onto soomeone and after a few seconds it shoots but it misses quiet frequently and if they dissappear if they hit a wall or any other object.

i regret not getting thirst.

Thirst is only handy for 4-3 with the flying manta's. Its the only place where yo can get sufficent kills in the 30 seconds its last to make a difference, you need a min of 30 will to caste it, it uses up 100 mp. Actually must try it on a boss sometime.

Soulsucker on the other hand is ace, you have to be right up against your target to use it, but its a one shot kill and it doubles the amount fo souls you get. Won't work on demons but used it a on a few of the black phantoms to great effect. Particullarly handy for the slow moving bear bugs.

Can I ask is it possible to change your sex when you get game+1? I want to be able to use the silver bracelet.

no , you dont even play the tutorial its more or less straight into 1-1.

Thirst is only handy for 4-3 with the flying manta's. Its the only place where yo can get sufficent kills in the 30 seconds its last to make a difference, you need a min of 30 will to caste it, it uses up 100 mp. Actually must try it on a boss sometime.

I got thirst after defeating the old monk (had to actually do it offline as phantoms kept breaking in constantly and assuming the old monks body, regardless of if I was alive or a soul, when they'd break in you'd also be forced to watch the entire cut scene again without being able to skip it).

I don't have a will of 30 and am able to cast thirst. As I don't have soulsucker yet, I'm just using thirst (with the ring of avarice) then killing the reaper to get around 7500 souls then turning around and jumping off the cliff to reload the level, I then collect my soul, and repeat. Can usually get around 60,000 souls for 10 minutes (which by now only gets me 1 soul upgrade :()

How are you quickly killing the mantas in 4.3?

to kill the mantas pick up storm ruler in 4-3.Its where the two crystal geeckos are.With ring of avarice and thirst you get 60k souls, in new game+. In new game you get about 30k souls per run.

• Advertisement

to kill the mantas pick up storm ruler in 4-3.Its where the two crystal geeckos are.With ring of avarice and thirst you get 60k souls, in new game+. In new game you get about 30k souls per run.

cheers, also if it hasn't already been mentioned in this thread... KILL YURT... :eek: it was lucky I decided to explore around the Nexus and found him after I saved him. It was only when I went up to him when I was alive that I realized he was an enemy. Thankfully he hadn't killed any of the main vendors (he killed the magic vendor before Freke and the nameless guy over near near Urbain)

It would seriously of ruined the game for me if I'd come back to the nexus and one of the vendors had been killed.

Best to free him, then kill him then and there, you have to free him to get mephistocles and the foe ring.

As for the manta's and accumulating souls, bow and arrows with thirst is the best option. you can lock and kill quicker than the storm ruler, besides in new game+ without the ruler upgraded by colourless souls it'll take hits to knock them.

I keep meaning to ask, The old monk boss, did anyone bother to fight the blackphantom online or did you chicken out and go offline. All i know is i remember doing online, after 2-3 closish fights, some dude hit me as i came through the fog with moving soul arrow which killed me instantly. i then proceeded to plug out the network cable.

I keep meaning to ask, The old monk boss, did anyone bother to fight the blackphantom online or did you chicken out and go offline. All i know is i remember doing online, after 2-3 closish fights, some dude hit me as i came through the fog with moving soul arrow which killed me instantly. i then proceeded to plug out the network cable.

I did it offline. Having to constantly be forced to watch the cutscene, while they loaded into the game was irritating enough. But then playing griefer after griefer was just too much. After a while I realized there was no way I could kill the phantom at my current level.

Even with firestorm and numerous buffs (silver coronet, silver catalyst, ring of magical sharpness, kris knife) I could hit the phantom twice with firestorm and take about 80% of his health off, but then I'd have to consume some spice to recharge my magic, which gave the phantom time to roll away and consume a herb, completely recharging their health. After about an hour of wasting copious amounts of herbs and spice I finally gave up and did it offline.

You'd have to encounter a complete n00b online that would make enough mistakes to let you beat them.

bah old monk boss is hard in new game+, i actually was close to killing a black phantom till he dissappeared:eek:. must of lost his internet connection but it was pain in the arse as i coudlnt leave the boss area.

im playing offline from now on.

So one week on and I've already put over 10 hours into this which is a lot in a week for me. I'm still at the end of 1-2. Haven't killed the tower knight yet.

I know what to do but I need to hold off and get some items as I lost pretty much everything getting to him first time round.

From what I've read, killing him leaves an archstone right behind those 2 blue eyed knights who should be a good source of souls at this early stage.

Did you take out the dragon over the bridge?

Yeah it leaves an archstone, you can then fight the 2 knights, good place at the start for souls for leveling and late moon grasses. It won't be long before their souls are insufficent.

Did you take out the dragon over the bridge?

Yeah it leaves an archstone, you can then fight the 2 knights, good place at the start for souls for leveling and late moon grasses. It won't be long before their souls are insufficent.

I didn't kill the dragon. I am using a soldier character and have no magic yet plus I read it takes over a 100 arrows (that I didn't have).
    Unless there was another way that I don't know about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

If you want to farm souls early then you should see if you can kill the skeletons in 4-1. They're not too hard if you've already got a few levels and weapon upgrades and you encounter them quick when you enter the world. I killed them for souls (over 500 each) to buy arrows for shooting down the 1-2 dragon when I was at this stage.

CodeMonkey wrote: »
    If you want to farm souls early then you should see if you can kill the skeletons in 4-1. They're not too hard if you've already got a few levels and weapon upgrades and you encounter them quick when you enter the world. I killed them for souls (over 500 each) to buy arrows for shooting down the 1-2 dragon when I was at this stage.

Ok I'll give that a go. I just read that the dragon's soul gives 10,000 when consumed, hadn't realised that.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Onto new game+ now.... wish I'd leveled up more before finishing though :(

From advice on the wiki, I'm doing 1.1 again offline, supposedly it's rife with griefers trying to kill you because they know you will have a cache of souls from 4.4 and then the end game.

Does anyone know how you can become the boss for 3.3?

Advertisement