Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

• 09-07-2007 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Elen

I thought I would open this topic as there are a few of us preggers here!
    Also, the broody ones can join us :D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Great idea!

So to continue from other thread - do they think you will need a section? DO they know what the cause of your pain is? If this is too personal feel free to tell me to feck off :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

Hi all, whens all the other preggos due so?? I've only a few weeks left myself....so impatient now. :D

Shelli wrote:
    Hi all, whens all the other preggos due so?? I've only a few weeks left myself....so impatient now. :D

Hi SHelli

Did you enjoy your 3d scan?

I'm due 10th October but will prob go before that, especially if having a section. Mine is a boy and its my second child, already have a 7 year old boy.

I loved it! I had mine at 27wks, seems like a lifetime ago, I thought it was amazing! Didn't get very emotional though, haven't at any of my scans.....I guess it still feels a little unreal for me, need to hold the little guy before I really believe it I guess!!

This is my first, I'm due 30th July, but doc reckons I'll also go early.

We're having a boy.....did you guys find out the sex?

Shelli wrote:
    I loved it! I had mine at 27wks, seems like a lifetime ago, I thought it was amazing! Didn't get very emotional though, haven't at any of my scans.....I guess it still feels a little unreal for me, need to hold the little guy before I really believe it I guess!!

This is my first, I'm due 30th July, but doc reckons I'll also go early.

We're having a boy.....did you guys find out the sex?

Mines a boy too.

• Advertisement

Seems to be a year of boys, everyone I know is having or has had a boy!!

My gran used to say that it was the sign of a war to come :( Hope there's not truth in that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Elen

3 boys here then!!

God Shelli, you have only a few weeks left! I am so jealous.
    I am also due in October, the 26th.

re pelvis pain - they are not sure, they say it can be the ligaments but I have been reading and it sounds like it could be SPD. Basically due to the hormon relaxin the pelvis streches a bit too much.
    I am not too bad now, after two weeks out of office, but I have to start phisiotherapy in August, after my holidays (going on Saturday for two weeks, cant wait!)

What hospital are yous attending?

I can barely walk - but there is no explanation other than i have a little person inside me :D

I'm attending the Rotunda. They are quite good but very busy. I waited almost 9 hours to be seen in the emergengy room a few weeks ago so swore i would only go in if it was an absolute emergency, although with all the aches and pains its hard to tell!!

I'm finsihed work now til March, just back from tying up a few loose ends and clearing my desk yippee :D

so you are taking the full maternity!!! lucky you, I want to take about 7 months, I dont think I could afford any longer. We just bought a bigger house :rolleyes:

I am finishing mid September if I can handle this pelvis issue... It is hard in the train when no one gives you a seat, even though you look heavily pregnant and nackered :(

I'm finishing up this Friday, thank god!! Have just been onto Social Welfare becuase I hadn't heard anything back about my benefit, but they said it's been accepted and will be in my account next week, Monday I think, so thats a relief.

I'm semi-p in Holles St. They're very good, well in my experience with them anyway.

I've had mild SPD all the way through and was offered physio, I turned it down but said if it got worse I would go, but it didn't thank god. I just felt I had enough hospital and GP appointments to be going to without physio aswell.

• Advertisement

Shelli, how did it affect you?
    I havent been bad so far, just the day I got the strong pain and I thought that my legs were being ripped appart. Since then I am kind of tired around the area and hips.

I am in Holles St too. I am in public and it is brilliant. I have never waiting more that half an hour, even in emergencies :D

Not starting maternity leave til September, but i already had term time (summer off) booked from today so hopefully one will merge into the next and i wont be back til March!!

That is brilliant Trinity! I wish I was you :o
    I have holidays now, so I will only have August and half September to work, which is not too bad :D

My SPD really hots bad in the evenings and mornings....turning over in the night is very painful and when you get out of bed first thing it's agony but eases off within an hour or so. Main thing to remember is to keep yoour legs closed as much as possible, like when getting in and of a car or bed. If it's really bad I would go to the physio, I just felt that mine was never bad enough, but some people end up on crutches!

I have a hosp appointment on thursday afternoon, so now only 3.5 days left in work and counting :D I'm getting fairly fed up to be honest, and sitting at my desk has become really uncomfortable, but I'm lucky not to have a commute like you! I work about 5 mins from my home, its quite handy....ne excuse for being late though :P I can really only afford the 26wks altogether so I wanted to leave as much time as possible until after the birth. Your so lucky to have that extra time off beforehand Trinity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Hi girls,
    thought I'd join you all. I am 7 weeks 2 days pegnant with our first, conceived via IUI (fertility treatment) after 30 unsuccessful cycles. So you can imagine we are very excited, but also apprehensive. I am having my first scan today (Tuesday) in the fertility clinic and if it looks good, will be relesed to normal obstetric care then. We are going private in Holles Street; it's a lot of money but I feel the need for the re-assurance of the extra visits, scans etc (and hopefully a private room for after the birth, though I know that is not guaranteed).

Any tips from those of you further along gratefully received!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Hi Silja and congratulations to yourself and Will.

Wow congrats Silja, Holles St is a lovely hospital from my experience, hope all goes well for you today.

I'm sure I've loads of tips but baby brain has kicked in and I can't think of anything :D

Silja, that is really good news! I am not surprised you are so delighted and dont forget to let us know how you get on in that scan today.

I had a miscarriage before this pregnancy, so I know how you feel, I was really scared when I got pregnant again and I was so careful.

Things will work out for you, you will see!

I love Holles Street as well, I find most people over there so profesional... God I cant wait to give birth

I can't wait either...but terrified at the same time, surprisingly the labour part of it is not worrying me, but looking after and being responsible for such a beautiful tiny being that is totally dependant on me? Now thats terrifying me!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Mrs. 6th was due on the 4th so I thought I'd pop in and say hi ..... hi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭siochain

My wife just had our 3rd daugther, 12 days old today. She is such a blessing, I'm on my second week off work minding all the ladies in the house and really enjoying it.

We went to the Coombe and found them very good. There were a few days where we had little or no movement and went to the Coombe to be sure all was OK and we were seen to very quickly.

Best of luck to you all.

CONGRATS SIOCHAIN! I am glad everything went well and you are enjoying the joys of parenthood now! I am sure you can give us plenty of tips

Shelli, that is starting to happen to me too. Before I was more worried about giving birth, and now it is more about will I be able to handle the responsibility... I do not know what to do and how to do things

Hi 6th...I take it Mrs 6th is overdue now? Good luck with the impending arrival, hope you get some movement soon, I can only imagine how frustrated she must be.

Congratulations siochain!! Best of luck... and you might need it in a house full of women :P Just joking, you'll be the king of the castle with all the lovely women to look after you :D

Elen, i'm sure we'll be grand, it just kind of hits you every now and then, the magnitude of it all! :D Ah women have done it for centuries, as long as baby is loved and we do our best we'll be fine.....at least thats what I keep telling myself :D

Hi Silja and welcome

Just wanted to wish you good luck for today. I had 2 miscarriages before this pregnancy and even though i am almost 27 weeks i still cant relax. But hopefully all will go well today. Little miracles take time!!

I'm terrified of the labour. First was emergency section, this is an elective. The thoughts of lying there wide awake while they cut me open is keeping me awake!!

I'm sure we will all be fine anyway.

6th, didnt Mrs 6th have a placenta previa a couple of months back? How is she doing now?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭RIRI

Shelli wrote:
    I can't wait either...but terrified at the same time, surprisingly the labour part of it is not worrying me, but looking after and being responsible for such a beautiful tiny being that is totally dependant on me? Now thats terrifying me!

I remember that feeling - honestly I used to wake up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night panicking about how I'd cope and at the same time I'd be climbing the walls with the excitement of it all. The last few weeks are a mad old time alright :D . The first few weeks aren't easy either but it's amazing what we're capable of. You will all be wonderful Mothers - there is no doubt about it.

Best of luck to you all

Trinity, what relaxes me is that if our babies were born now they would have a big chance to live, and everyday that goes by the chance is higher and higher...

We will all be grand! we should meet one day with our beautiful new borns!!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Hi all, not pregnant, but been there twice. :D

I just wanted to wish ye all the best of luck with your little bundles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭templetonpeck

Oh dear Lord now I'm seriously freaked out. I'm not expecting, but me and the OH were going to start trying shortly, but after reading this thread and all the suffering that goes with pregnancy (I've never heard of SPD!!) I'm flippin terrified!!

You see all these cute clothes and cots and stuff and cool new prams (I think they're called travel systems now?) and you think, I want one....but you don't think of the aches and pains of pregnancy and the fact that the little one isn't goin to look too cute bawling on the good mamas and papas quilt! Why can't they come from Storks like the fairy tales say :(

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Oh dear Lord now I'm seriously freaked out. I'm not expecting, but me and the OH were going to start trying shortly, but after reading this thread and all the suffering that goes with pregnancy (I've never heard of SPD!!) I'm flippin terrified!!

You see all these cute clothes and cots and stuff and cool new prams (I think they're called travel systems now?) and you think, I want one....but you don't think of the aches and pains of pregnancy and the fact that the little one isn't goin to look too cute bawling on the good mamas and papas quilt! Why can't they come from Storks like the fairy tales say :(
    In the first few months of my first pregancy I remember thinking 'who the hell told me this was a good idea?' I felt lousy. Then I hit month number 4 and totally bloomed. I had a difficult labour on my first child, but still did it all again a few years later. And regards of the pains and aches, like my mammy always told me, you forget how horrid it was once you have your baby.:)

• Advertisement

Well I felt totally cheated when I heard your preggo for 40wks!! All our lives we're told 9 months of pregnancy until you get your bundle of joy....then all of a sudden when you get pregnant they tell you it's 10mths, and probably a week or two more on your first!! LOL

I had a really easy pregnancy compared to some of the stories I'd heard and I was thanking my lucky stars until about wk 36, then all the rotten symptoms seemed to hit at once :( Still though, I can't complain too much, I had a pretty easy run up until then.

As KtK said, "you forget how horrid it was once you have your baby", it must be true, otherwise people would never have more than one :D

Advertisement