Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rebuilding Ireland home loan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 mirabella1

raheny red wrote: »
    Screenshots of online mortgage calculators of insufficient funds will suffice with Fingal and Dub Coco.

Could you show me picture of screenshot what can I submit, some example. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 deedee26

becx84 wrote: »
    Hi which county council did you go through? Thanks

DCC

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Cheesepuffs

I taught the stressful part was the application form, now it’s bidding with these cow boy auctuoneers

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭JDigweed

Anyone heard back from the council after resubmitting up to date documents? The communication has been shocking. Such a half arsed scheme. At least with the banks you'll have a yay or nay within a reasonable amount of time. The house prices have gone over the amount we've applied for at this stage, it's so frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ABCD_1234

mirabella1 wrote: »
    Could you show me picture of screenshot what can I submit, some example. Thank you.

The AIB online facility is good, fill in all your details Once that’s done you’ll get AIP. Only takes a few mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Jafin

JDigweed wrote: »
    Anyone heard back from the council after resubmitting up to date documents? The communication has been shocking. Such a half arsed scheme. At least with the banks you'll have a yay or nay within a reasonable amount of time. The house prices have gone over the amount we've applied for at this stage, it's so frustrating.

I resubmitted my stuff on June 22nd and the lady I was in communication with told me that she hoped to bring my application to the next credit committee meeting but that there was no date set yet and she would let me know once she knew.

Did your CC tell you anything like this, or did you get any communication at all when you resubmitted your stuff?

Jafin wrote: »
    I resubmitted my stuff on June 22nd and the lady I was in communication with told me that she hoped to bring my application to the next credit committee meeting but that there was no date set yet and she would let me know once she knew.

Did your CC tell you anything like this, or did you get any communication at all when you resubmitted your stuff?

No communication at all. Not even a reply to an email asking for confirmation that they received the documents. Original payslips posted so I'd at least like to know they have been received in the post

JDigweed wrote: »
    No communication at all. Not even a reply to an email asking for confirmation that they received the documents. Original payslips posted so I'd at least like to know they have been received in the post

Oh ok that's definitely weird. They should have at least emailed you to acknowledge receipt of what you sent. Have you tried giving them a ring, just to make sure they got them?

Oh ok that's definitely weird. They should have at least emailed you to acknowledge receipt of what you sent. Have you tried giving them a ring, just to make sure they got them?

Not yet. I've resisted the urge to badger them as I'm sure there is changes to work practices during Covid. Ill be phoning them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I have an older one from last year, but am I right in saying the HPL1 form is no longer required due to Covid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

I have an older one from last year, but am I right in saying the HPL1 form is no longer required due to Covid?

You are right but I dedided to get it myself to speed things up. Sent the letter to revenue on a Friday , had it back on the Thursday. That was about a month ago - it has to be stamped within the last 4 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Salanky

When I was gonna be sending in my new application Louth Coco had said you had to give them permission to contact revenue on your behalf to get the information instead of having to get the form signed. I didnt end up doing it cause I got my extension on my original offer to October. I put an offer in today on a house I viewed last year before my approval came through as the sale fell through at the start of the year. Theres other interested parties of course but fingers crossed it will go my way.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 mirabella1

labyrne22 wrote: »
    The AIB online facility is good, fill in all your details Once that’s done you’ll get AIP. Only takes a few mins.

Thank you and from what another bank is similar way?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Salanky

mirabella1 wrote: »
    Thank you and from what another bank is similar way?

AIB are the only ones who do an online only aip. You would need to apply online to another bank and they then ring you back to go through the application. Some councils seem to accept the online mortgage calculator but not all so you would need to check with the council to see if they will accept it. If you earn less than 30k KBC won't give anything so will give you a decline letter but you have to go through the full application process first.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dawidnowak2005

Guys how this process exactly look? We applied 3 weeks ago and nothing at all, no letter or anything. What are the stages of it? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Cheesepuffs

Hi,

When do you get your valuation and survey done once you go sale agreed ?

Cheese puffs

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Guys how this process exactly look? We applied 3 weeks ago and nothing at all, no letter or anything. What are the stages of it? Thanks

I am struggling to remember the timeline, but I think it was 4 weeks or more to hear of approval. Be prepared to go grey through this process, we found it helpful to keep communicating with them through the process, speed it along. Things get left on desks.
    But it's all dependent on the individual council in reality

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MaggieMay1986

I received a letter from Limerick CoCo advising that I have been offered a loan that is 2k less than what the two banks had offered me. Has this happened to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

I received a letter from Limerick CoCo advising that I have been offered a loan that is 2k less than what the two banks had offered me. Has this happened to anyone else?

I haven’t heard of that. I would have thought the calculator was a good indication But maybe not. Can you talk to them about it? Can I be nosy and ask were you waiting long for that offer and how did you ding Limerick coco to deal with? I will be applying with them

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MaggieMay1986

Maz2016 wrote: »
    I haven’t heard of that. I would have thought the calculator was a good indication But maybe not. Can you talk to them about it? Can I be nosy and ask were you waiting long for that offer and how did you ding Limerick coco to deal with? I will be applying with them

I sent in initial application in February and received the letter of offer last week. I had a phone interview in May where i was advised 190 was the max I would be offered, (calculator suggested 215 I think) but that credit committee has final say. I was offered 170 this week which is actually less than both of my bank offers. I’m considering appealing the decision and just wondering if anyone had experienced a similar situation recently. I’ve asked if I can have my file to review in the meantime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Lwoods90

Anyone know what the ‘Clerk of Works’ does or checks ?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Lwoods90 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the ‘Clerk of Works’ does or checks ?

They are usually a person that oversees maintenance or repairs in council property. When I worked with a contractor for our council, a clerk of works assigned to the corresponding area of the county would assign calls to us and also approve of major repairs or upgrades.

I know they do visits to houses themselves now too.

I don't know if they have other duties. But I'm sure it's a fairly broad role

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Shellzer123

Has anyone signed their letter of loan offer? If so, how long did it take for the mortgage docs to be sent to the solicitor?

Just got my letter of offer today, delighted! Only downside is I have to sign and return the letter of offer with solicitor details by July 30th...and I don't have a solicitor yet. From what I had read in here I thought we all got a month to accept the offer. I wasn't expecting a decision for another few weeks so hadn't even made contact with any solicitors to find one, so in a bit of a panic. Still excited to finally have the ball properly rolling though.

Anyone have any little tips on what I should look out for/ask when meeting with potential solicitors? (Unless asking that is against the rules, in which case I apologise)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

have applied in a few places and what I don't get is some of them are sticklers for the "regular saving" thing even though we have being paying rent on time for years that is almost twice the cost that the mortgage will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭beanyb

Just got my letter of offer today, delighted! Only downside is I have to sign and return the letter of offer with solicitor details by July 30th...and I don't have a solicitor yet. From what I had read in here I thought we all got a month to accept the offer. I wasn't expecting a decision for another few weeks so hadn't even made contact with any solicitors to find one, so in a bit of a panic. Still excited to finally have the ball properly rolling though.

Anyone have any little tips on what I should look out for/ask when meeting with potential solicitors? (Unless asking that is against the rules, in which case I apologise)

The legal process is a little bit different for this loan than for standard bank mortgages so I would try to find a solicitor who is familiar with it, if you can.

beanyb wrote: »
    The legal process is a little bit different for this loan than for standard bank mortgages so I would try to find a solicitor who is familiar with it, if you can.

Exactly the kind of advice I was looking for, thank you! I had just sent off an email to a potential solicitor before reading your post, and luckily I did mention the scheme in the email so hopefully she's familiar with it.

What Council are you with? A lot of solicitors will be able to assist in it. Just make sure u get the right solicitor for the job and at a reasonable price. Just because they might be cheap doesnt mean they will be any good.

What Council are you with? A lot of solicitors will be able to assist in it. Just make sure u get the right solicitor for the job and at a reasonable price. Just because they might be cheap doesnt mean they will be any good.

I'm with Clare County Council. A friend of my mother's has a neighbour who works in conveyancing so I have made contact with her and will be speaking to her later on today. Definitely not looking to get the cheapest person available. I'm a firm believer in "you get what you pay for" so I'm happy to pay a reasonable amount to someone who will get the job done properly.

• Advertisement

I'm with Clare County Council. A friend of my mother's has a neighbour who works in conveyancing so I have made contact with her and will be speaking to her later on today. Definitely not looking to get the cheapest person available. I'm a firm believer in "you get what you pay for" so I'm happy to pay a reasonable amount to someone who will get the job done properly.

Thats the right way to look at it.. I know they arent cheap but as you said you get what you pay for. Hopefully you hear back today. I know all the councils are different, but I sent back my signed letter of acceptance 3 weeks ago. Still no mortgage docs.. Such a long process but it will be worth it in the end.

Advertisement