Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The glade, old grange wood monstarevin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Eimers8718

Grali87 wrote: »
    I'm on that row, i was told December, then January, then December again. I reckon it'll be January by the time I actually get in and get the keys cos of the final valuation before drawdown etc. But who knows ha

I was in my house the other day when I went to the site office to pick everything, it's crazy how real that made it.....this actual house!!!

For the guys moving in ahead of us, keep us up to date on the journey of the first while in the house, sorting out all that comes with a new house. We can thank you at the street party!!!

Oh wow that’s great. I asked if we could get in the other week but there was work going on the in house so we couldn’t go in. I am dying to get in and just see it.
    I’d love to get in in December but not getting my hopes up too much but at least by end Jan we should be in. That keeps me going!!! I must take a trip down to have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Aaron15

Collecting our keys tmrw, just in time for the weekend, exciting times. Broadband won’t be on the estate until at least the end of October, which is a bummer, but the show goes on, get the sky tv in and I’ll be happy out lol

• Registered Users Posts: 35 MiMi1111

Aaron15 wrote: »
    Collecting our keys tmrw, just in time for the weekend, exciting times. Broadband won’t be on the estate until at least the end of October, which is a bummer, but the show goes on, get the sky tv in and I’ll be happy out lol

Congrats thats great news must be a great feeling getting those keys. Least its not too long a wait for the broadband.

MiMi1111 wrote: »
    Congrats thats great news must be a great feeling getting those keys. Least its not too long a wait for the broadband.

Thanks, yeah not too long. A few other people have moved in so seems to be moving swiftly

got alarm and cameras done today, we wore told when we put down our booking deposit that the houses are pre wired for an alarm, not the case. So a heads up people, of the alarm company ask you, it’s not pre wired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭line_of_fire

got alarm and cameras done today, we wore told when we put down our booking deposit that the houses are pre wired for an alarm, not the case. So a heads up people, of the alarm company ask you, it’s not pre wired.

It's in the specifications that it is wired for alarm. Very poor on their behalf and will be following it up as that is what is in contracts. Who did you get for alarms?

It's in the specifications that it is wired for alarm. Very poor on their behalf and will be following it up as that is what is in contracts. Who did you get for alarms?

Yeah, was annoyed about it myself, the electrician on site said they stopped doing it after the first phase. I had told the guy it was pre wired for an alarm, and he rang to tell me it wasn’t, so I kind of looked stupid, if I were you I’d follow up. I don’t think I can say here, I’ll pm you

• Registered Users Posts: 8 nails91

It's too late for me as were in the late stages with closing and I don't want to delay anymore... but I am really annoyed it's not wired for an alarm as specified.

However we are in the latter stages and should be getting the keys this week or next, only thing holding us back is our valuation of the house had expired.

No broadband till the end of October? Uh oh. I have been on to Virgin Media and they are said that our estate wasn't on their system yet and that they would send someone out to check it out and get back to me.

I am glad ye posted this here as I am currently in the process if fighting it out now. Just waiting for a copy of specifications from my solicitor to see exactly what it states. And if 'wired for intruder alarm is in it' they will have to do so or my snag guy will have it on his list to be completed. Such chancers

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jodaw

Somehow none of this surprises me with this particular agent. I think they like doing the copy and paste. If they cheaped out on basic alarm wiring I would be worried about where else they may cut corners.

These homes are huge money so I would expect the spec and finish to be absolutely top notch for that.

Has anyone confirmed if the heating system is indeed Natural Gas or bulk LPG?

• Advertisement

I just checked the specificiations that were sent to my solicitor and it says - wired for burglar alarm panel. Will be making sure it is done. Not impressed. Thanks for the heads up.

They are gonna have alot of us making sure it is as stated. The electrician told them to change specs but they didn't so they will have to do as is stated and both my solicitor and snagger will be ensuring it is done

jodaw wrote: »
    Somehow none of this surprises me with this particular agent. I think they like doing the copy and paste. If they cheaped out on basic alarm wiring I would be worried about where else they may cut corners.

These homes are huge money so I would expect the spec and finish to be absolutely top notch for that.

Has anyone confirmed if the heating system is indeed Natural Gas or bulk LPG?

I actually never checked about the gas, it was stated “ natural gas” but who knows. How do I check? I’ll have a look when I’m
    Home from work. Also I’ve got a breast wall, now we’ve no chimney, but wanted the breast wall, so it’s a plasterboard wall, but it only looks like 15ml plasterboard, I’m putting my telly up Friday, they’re telling me there’s batons behind the plasterboard , but not that I can see. Maybe another thing to look out for people

I actually never checked about the gas, it was stated “ natural gas” but who knows. How do I check? I’ll have a look when I’m
    Home from work. Also I’ve got a breast wall, now we’ve no chimney, but wanted the breast wall, so it’s a plasterboard wall, but it only looks like 15ml plasterboard, I’m putting my telly up Friday, they’re telling me there’s batons behind the plasterboard , but not that I can see. Maybe another thing to look out for people

Did you sign up to a contract with Calor or maybe Flogas before hand over of keys? Otherwise with natural gas you would probably be signed up to bord gais.

Failing that check your boiler model and you will know if it is LPG

jodaw wrote: »
    Did you sign up to a contract with Calor or maybe Flogas before hand over of keys? Otherwise with natural gas you would probably be signed up to bord gais.

Failing that check your boiler model and you will know if it is LPG

Oh yeah sorry, our provider is board gais.

Oh yeah sorry, our provider is board gais.

Cool, natural gas so. Big plus that. I didn't realise that estate had access to the natural gas pipeline.

At least you be able to keep yourself warm and not worry about crazy bills:D

any update on people moving in? Still only 3 houses occupied on the row, and the street lights aren’t getting turned on at night, this place is in complete darkeness at night

any update on people moving in? Still only 3 houses occupied on the row, and the street lights aren’t getting turned on at night, this place is in complete darkeness at night

I am the next phase but pushing for keys in December. So I won't be joining ye just yet unfortunately.

I am the next phase but pushing for keys in December. So I won't be joining ye just yet unfortunately.

Do you reckon you will be in by then?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 MiMi1111

Still December for us . Thats like when my mam and dad bought their house they were first in and did not have street lights for a very long time was spooky ha. Are you happy with everything Did your couches fit ok ?

• Advertisement

MiMi1111 wrote: »
    Still December for us . Thats like when my mam and dad bought their house they were first in and did not have street lights for a very long time was spooky ha. Are you happy with everything Did your couches fit ok ?

Yeah it’s a bit spooky , yeah the couches fitted perfect, the 2 seater fits like a glove in the alcove

• Registered Users Posts: 7 judarvin

Hi All, anyone else has problems with low water pressure?
    It was in my snag list but never really addressed. I was only using the electric shower until now so it wasn't a big deal, but my sister in law just arrived and it is so bad :(

just checking if it is in the whole phase.

judarvin wrote: »
    Hi All, anyone else has problems with low water pressure?
    It was in my snag list but never really addressed. I was only using the electric shower until now so it wasn't a big deal, but my sister in law just arrived and it is so bad :(

just checking if it is in the whole phase.

Yeah I’ve noticed the hot water pressure on the taps aren’t great, my shower is ok, and the taps going to the bath are good, but the taps on the sinks upstairs and downstairs the hot water pressure isn’t great. Where is your pressure not good?

Yeah I’ve noticed the hot water pressure on the taps aren’t great, my shower is ok, and the taps going to the bath are good, but the taps on the sinks upstairs and downstairs the hot water pressure isn’t great. Where is your pressure not good?

Thats not good. What is the pressure like in the cold tap kitchen sink? Is it just the bathroom sinks or is the pressure generally low? Thanks

Eimers8718 wrote: »
    Thats not good. What is the pressure like in the cold tap kitchen sink? Is it just the bathroom sinks or is the pressure generally low? Thanks

The cold taps are good, the hot pressure in the bath and the kitchen sink is good, it’s just the hot on the two bathrooms upstairs aren’t great, my shower is good, just the two sink taps upstairs for hot aren’t all that good

what is the position of tank in loft. is it on platform above joists? so raised above joists?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭ebbsy

If anybody is looking at seconary schools Kildare Town community school has a good range of subjects and sports. It's a big school. Young lad was there for 6 years.

There is a plumber in the town called Brenty Walsh . He's good.

And yes the water pressure in Monasterevin can be low.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Grali87

Did anyone get a professional snagger they would recommend?

Also I need to arrange my own valuation, anyone have a contact for that?

Grali87 wrote: »
    Did anyone get a professional snagger they would recommend?

Also I need to arrange my own valuation, anyone have a contact for that?

I didn’t use a professional, but a foreman and carpenter from a site, recommended by a friend, he done a great job for me and only cost me 250 euros , the bank should have a list of surveyors that they accept.

• Advertisement

How did people find the electricity and gas set up process? We have been told to get the accounts set up and connected. Gas is being done this week. They couldn’t do the electricity as the wiring cert hadnt been issued.

In relation to the snag list - were the repairs carried out quickly??

We are still hoping to get in in December!!

Advertisement