Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017-21 help to buy scheme - megathread. All help to buy discussion here please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Dand88

Hi all, just a couple of questions very basic sorry in advance just can't get any straight answers off revenue,
    1. How exactly does it work my understanding is I have 5% deposit revenue supply the other 5%

2. I will have approx 10-12k by September I know the scheme ends dec19 is this the claim end date or the date to get your application in and approved?

Thanks in advance new to the mortgage scene and not very informative on the while lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

Hi there, Quick one hopefully... I'm looking at buying off plans at the moment, but the houses in question won't be finished until early next year. We'll have contracts signed in the next few weeks though. Does this make me still eligible for the HTB ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lynda_Ox

Hi everyone. Is anyone using their 2018 tax credits towards their HTB rebate?

Submitted my form 12 over a week ago and yet to receive my P21.

When I log into the HTB service in my account, I get this message:

According to our records you have the following liabilities and/or returns due:

Form 12 not filed

P21 not requested

Just wondering if anyone else having the same issue, trying to ring Revenue but keep getting cut off? It's holding us up now and I can't seem to get any resolution!

Hey!

I had this problem too. Myself and my partner applied last May and we’re approved so when we went to upload our contracts last week we had to reapply as it had lapsed..
    So when I applied from my partners account his form 12 and everything else went through within 24 hours, mine kept saying ‘form 12 not filed - 2018’... so i had filed it on the Tuesday and still had heard nothing up until yesterday when I finally got a pain in my neck after waiting over a week and rang them to be told that it was a problem on their side that they needed to approve my form 12 so that guy said I would be up and running by the end of the day.. so I got up this morning and there was still nothing so I rang again today and the new guy I got told me that whoever I was speaking to yesterday only approbed parts of my form 12 and not the whole lot and that it’s happened a number of times to people over the last couple of weeks..so now it’s finally telling me that I’ve been successfully added to a group :-)

However I’m still skeptical as under the ‘added successfully’ part, it says my partner is still awaiting membership confirmation.... so fingers crossed we’ll get somewhere soon.

With regards to the phone number, if you call this one
    *1890 33 34 25‬ and it says they’re too busy and hangs up, call this one instead *(01) 738 3636‬ you’ll get through on one of those line because it happened to me a number of times last week..

Best of luck :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lynda_Ox

Crey86 wrote: »
    Hey all, sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I was wondering if anyone had any luck with figuring out if you have to wait for P60s to avail of your 2018 taxes. In the process of buying and need the 2018 taxes to avail of the full rebate.

Will the new PAYE "modernisation" make a difference in the this regard?

Hey,

I had to wait for my p60 from my employer to come in before I could apply as you have to submit a form 12 and request a p21... however, your employer also has to submit a p35l (which they have until the 15th of February to do unfortunately...) to the revenue before you can get anywhere as far as I know- but I could be mistaken.

Best of luck :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭andydurnin

Hi. I get half way through the HTB form online and it asks Please apportion the group's total refund available between all group members.

When I try, is says Amount entered is greater than relief available. Please review.

Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭coolio83

How can you confirm membership of a group on the help to buy scheme?

Hi. Dose any one know how to contact revenue as I put the wrong address on my application form, I put in co. Louth when I should be co. Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Is there a salary cap on the HTB scheme?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Is there a salary cap on the HTB scheme?

No, the only cap is based on purchase price and obviously the tax you've paid

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lostDR

Hello all,

I have looked into applying for the HTB for a self build.

Tax paid in same job over the four years 2015-2018

Will I qualify for HTB payment if mortgage is E212,000 but valuation by lender is E350,000.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

lostDR wrote: »
    Hello all,

I have looked into applying for the HTB for a self build.

Tax paid in same job over the four years 2015-2018

Will I qualify for HTB payment if mortgage is E212,000 but valuation by lender is E350,000.

The value of the property is the assessed value of the property by the lender- which is the 350k. If you only have a mortgage of 212k on this property- the mortgage is just over 60% of the value of the property (aka you have a loan to value ratio of 60%). One of the terms of the scheme is that the LTV ratio must be 70% or higher- thus- you do not qualify, as your mortgage is too low to qualify for HTB assistance. To qualify for assistance- your mortgage would have to be at least 245k (in this case) (or the value of the property reduced to 303k- which isn't plausible).

• Registered Users Posts: 10 GJFT

Hi. I need a bit of help. Myself & husband applying for HTB. We're just waiting on Form 12/P21 to be processed for 2018 which they said they'll have done by next week.

When this is done will I then be confirmed as having membership confirmation? When i log in i get a message that my husband is 'awaiting membership confirmation' and when he logs in he gets the same message about me...

I just want to get this moving and its fustrating. Thanks for any help..

• Administrators Posts: 53,127 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

GJFT wrote: »
    Hi. I need a bit of help. Myself & husband applying for HTB. We're just waiting on Form 12/P21 to be processed for 2018 which they said they'll have done by next week.

When this is done will I then be confirmed as having membership confirmation? When i log in i get a message that my husband is 'awaiting membership confirmation' and when he logs in he gets the same message about me...

Yea it gets stuck on that status until both applicants have everything sorted on their end.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Maxed-irl

I've applied to the scheme but my application went under review. My partners side shows how much she's entitled to but my side says under review. My question is is mine like this due to the fact my employer hasn't issued me a P60 for 2018 yet therefore not submitting a P35 yet either. I did my P21 from my last pay slip as I only work for the one company.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Maxed-irl

GJFT wrote: »

I rang revenue and the lady that helped me on the phone sent an email and by the end of the day I was approved

• Registered Users Posts: 25 New_home_2018

Myself and my partner have put a booking deposit on a house. We are getting a gift from his parents. Our solicitor says that for me to avoid a tax bill the title should be in his name as we are not married. The bank are changing the title deeds to my partner and my name will remain on the mortgage itself.

1)should we put both our names on the help to buy application or just my partners?
    2)10% is due next week. We have paid the booking deposit. Do we need the help to buy next week or can we provide it when the contracts close? We have sufficient cash available now to cover the 10%

Thanks

Myself and my partner have put a booking deposit on a house. We are getting a gift from his parents. Our solicitor says that for me to avoid a tax bill the title should be in his name as we are not married. The bank are changing the title deeds to my partner and my name will remain on the mortgage itself.

1)should we put both our names on the help to buy application or just my partners?
    2)10% is due next week. We have paid the booking deposit. Do we need the help to buy next week or can we provide it when the contracts close? We have sufficient cash available now to cover the 10%

Thanks

You can use the HTB for paying the balance, if you don't need it at contracts signing then it's easier to leave it until closing.

I've no idea about the gift though, is he able to buy the house by himself? Full deposit, HTB and mortgage approval? If not then you have to have a joint application.

GingerLily wrote: »
    You can use the HTB for paying the balance, if you don't need it at contracts signing then it's easier to leave it until closing.

I've no idea about the gift though, is he able to buy the house by himself? Full deposit, HTB and mortgage approval? If not then you have to have a joint application.

Thanks. No he can't buy it by himself. Will there be any issues with the revenue as his name will be the one on the title and not both names? Or are they just concerned with the mortgage approval?

Thanks. No he can't buy it by himself. Will there be any issues with the revenue as his name will be the one on the title and not both names? Or are they just concerned with the mortgage approval?

If he can't buy it by himself then how is the title going to be in his only name?

Are you planning on being on the mortgage?

If he can't buy it by himself then how is the title going to be in his only name?

Are you planning on being on the mortgage?

Yes. Apparently it's quite common with unmarried couples. It'll change to my name on the title when we're married

• Advertisement

l
    Yes. Apparently it's quite common with unmarried couples. It'll change to my name on the title when we're married

You are going to be on the mortgage but not on the title?

I think you need independent legal advice

Yes. This is what we were told by our solicitor. Just until we're married

Yes. This is what we were told by our solicitor. Just until we're married

Talk to another solicitor, independently, this doesn't sound right

Hi. Dose anyone have a number for revenue for Help to Buy as I am in the middle of my application and the builders company said they only got half the money. Dose anyone know why this has happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 axlmac

Hi all. Thanks for all the tips so far. I submitted my application ~1.5 weeks ago. Both my partner and I are showing as 'Under Review' ... 'Awaiting partner confirmation of group'. We've both confirmed the group - and having called Revenue - were told we were in a queue until we're processed (although they didn't specify how long it would take)

Just wondering if anyone else has a view of how long it took them? Conscious time of year, volume of applications in system may have an impact.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭simons104

axlmac wrote: »
    Hi all. Thanks for all the tips so far. I submitted my application ~1.5 weeks ago. Both my partner and I are showing as 'Under Review' ... 'Awaiting partner confirmation of group'. We've both confirmed the group - and having called Revenue - were told we were in a queue until we're processed (although they didn't specify how long it would take)

Just wondering if anyone else has a view of how long it took them? Conscious time of year, volume of applications in system may have an impact.

Thanks in advance.

About 3 days though was in October

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭swarmberg

axlmac wrote: »

Thanks in advance.

The current wait is 4 - 6 weeks. I have the same showing up on mine and my partners. They were able to tell me my 2018 year was under review because my employer had not filed their P35 return with revenue. They have until the 23rd of Feb to do this so will have an impact on the time of turnaround if not filed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 axlmac

Thanks Swarmberg. When did you submit and who gave you the rough timeline?

Sounds like Revenue have at least done an initial review of your application which is good news. When I called they said I was just in a queue and she couldn't tell me more - which is fair enough. However my concern was that they weren't too prescriptive re duration to get reviewed / processed. Anyone else had to delay going to full loan offer because of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,683 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I have HTB scheme approved for 20k, but this will expire in March 2019.

It looks like we will get signed contracts after expiry of HTB. There is no option to extend it through the online revenue account.

Does anyone know how long does it take to re-apply once it expires?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fguinan

I have HTB scheme approved for 20k, but this will expire in March 2019.

It looks like we will get signed contracts after expiry of HTB. There is no option to extend it through the online revenue account.

Does anyone know how long does it take to re-apply once it expires?

You should re-apply, and don't select 2018 as a relief year. That way you are not stuck if your employer hasn't filed their end of year accounts.

Advertisement