Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stopping squirrels eating out of bird feeder

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Curious1002

Eddie B wrote: »
    Well I for one read half the first link you posted. What utter and biased rubbish. Move the red squirrel out to Islands. My god, some "experts". Nearly as bad as the "experts" who's studies found that Irish Pine Marten were predominantly vegetarian.

Yeah, keep reading. Sometimes it's a challenge for people to read the entire article so they just stop at the first sentence and conclude their stance right there, correct Eddie? I get it, reading is just not your thing.

The first article is probably one of the best I have read in years backed up by evidence. But then you know better, you have done your research in your own back garden so who is the PhD Cambridge Ecologist to tell you otherwise. LOL

I have an idea - you write an article and put there all your venom about animals that you consider pests.

Sending all my love to the animal haters in here! :)

Merry Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Eddie B

Yeah, keep reading. Sometimes it's a challenge for people to read the entire article so they just stop at the first sentence and conclude their stance right there, correct Eddie? I get it, reading is just not your thing.

The first article is probably one of the best I have read in years backed up by evidence. But then you know better, you have done your research in your own back garden so who is the PhD Cambridge Ecologist to tell you otherwise. LOL

I have an idea - you write an article and put there all your venom about animals that you consider pests.

Merry Christmas!

Honestly, I don't hate any animal, including the grey squirrel. Just refuse to ignore their negative effect on our native reds. Keeping their numbers down can only help the recovery of the red squirrel. Being ignorant towards these negative effects, does more harm to wildlife than what you perceive to be wildlife hatred.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

Merry Christmas!

That's one of the strangest comments i'v read in this nature forum but i think it was driven by good natured ignorance rather than bad natured thinking/troll.

Advertisement