Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL plus app

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Muahahaha wrote: »
    the picture on the app was so small I couldnt discern what exactly these 'Snacks' were, there was three packets but you couldnt zoom in to see what was written on them and the description below literally said Snacks' and nothing else
    Screenshot the picture and zoom in on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,882 ✭✭✭✭zell12

pc7 wrote: »
    Dont bother with the tuna in brine, its very dry. The John West in sunflower oil is much nicer.
    but but that's not on the app.
    Just add a few drops of oil to the drained tuna

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nebave

Are the SpecialBuys kept until they're sold out or are they removed as soon as "new" specialbuys come in? Looking for items that were SpecialBuys on the 01 April but fear they will have been removed when the newer stuff came available.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,391 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

nebave wrote: »
    Are the SpecialBuys kept until they're sold out or are they removed as soon as "new" specialbuys come in? Looking for items that were SpecialBuys on the 01 April but fear they will have been removed when the newer stuff came available.

If it's not fresh food, they are usually moved to different section if they still have stock left.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Had no scratch card this week are they still going?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭tx_tx

Luckycharm wrote: »

Yes, contact customer service maybe, they're very helpful.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

zell12 wrote: »
    but but that's not on the app.
    Just add a few drops of oil to the drained tuna

lol its not just that its in brine, some are nice in brine, its just really flaky and yuck. Listen knock yourself out and try it, but my culinary advise regarding a tin of tun is to avoid :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

Luckycharm wrote: »

Jelly babies or rise cakes I got today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Jelly babies or rice cracked for me aswel....that just means they won’t be in stock in my store now! Same for everything else that’s always on this scratch card...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Jelly babies or rice cracked for me aswel....that just means they won’t be in stock in my store now! Same for everything else that’s always on this scratch card...

You will have to start scratching it after your shop and go straight back in to the store to get the free item

• Advertisement

Next week's offers are woeful

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Jamie5dt68

Next week's offers are woeful
    What are they ?

Jamie5dt68 wrote: »
    What are they ?
    Surprises 15/04
    MPXqgSs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭Treppen

Maybe Maris pipers for the airfryer chips.

But ya I had Dunnes stores down to a t until I moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

Surprises 15/04
    MPXqgSs.jpg

yum yogurt :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭gussieg

- 20 % ?
    O hold me back.
    hmmmph.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭crayon80

I wouldn't mind the offers being so repetitive if they were good. Too much branded stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

gussieg wrote: »
    - 20 % ?
    O hold me back.
    hmmmph.

We buy a tub a week regardless - so its discount on something we were gonna buy anyway. Of course, if they were offering -100% that would be bang on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

Both Lidl's close to where I live no longer have a 'designated' area for Lidl Plus items. It was handy before as I could pick up the items easily. Now I have to locate the items in their original section - first world problem I know... but made my shopping a little easier!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BlondeBomb

Does anyone know if you screenshot your Lidl Plus Card does it update as new offers are loaded and you activate them or would you have to screen shot the code each week/each time you activate a coupon?

I always have trouble getting the code up in store as there is very poor reception.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

BlondeBomb wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you screenshot your Lidl Plus Card does it update as new offers are loaded and you activate them or would you have to screen shot the code each week/each time you activate a coupon?

I always have trouble getting the code up in store as there is very poor reception.

I would assume your lidl plus card code is unique and linked to your account. Screenshot should be fine.

Screenshot is fine as long as you have the new offers activated. Someone on this thread screen shot their code, printed it and laminated it into a key ring IIRC. Worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

It's an annoying nuisance of an app. Too much fumbling and fookery at the till, scanning the damn thing, things I want on the offers are either out of stock or irrelevant to me.

I'm hoping Aldi doesn't follow suit with this. It's great for Lidl as it tracks what we buy/spend in the store. I wish they'd just keep the prices low and stop the wànkery, all the prices are going up regardless of the damn app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭gussieg

I nearly got a job finding out the information they are getting from this app, but it was such a mickey mouse palaver , pretending that we werent working for Lidl, who clearly want to know this information, hence the app. as someone pointed out, in its heyday, tescos clubcard was worth much more, money off electric and sky bills, trips day out etc, but market research is worth a lot to them , so it was fair enough.
    as it is, since all of their salmonella corners are not a bargain any more, i dont think i could even find my clubcard now. but i used shop there all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭go4it

Baggly wrote: »
    Screenshot is fine as long as you have the new offers activated. Someone on this thread screen shot their code, printed it and laminated it into a key ring IIRC. Worked fine.

this.
    few years ago lidl was handing out some keyring clubcard yokes ( the likes that tesco/supervalu have ) - that project is dead in the water methinks

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

They really should get the brown paper bags in for wine, walking out with a Pinot and the jelly babies i got from the app was a dodgy experience
    €1 off my next shop

• Registered Users Posts: 43 GipsyMoth

BlondeBomb wrote: »

Yes it works just make sure you have all you treats activated first

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

GAAcailin wrote: »
    Both Lidl's close to where I live no longer have a 'designated' area for Lidl Plus items. It was handy before as I could pick up the items easily. Now I have to locate the items in their original section - first world problem I know... but made my shopping a little easier!

I like that though, its like playing my own Supermarket Sweep.

keano_afc wrote: »
    I like that though, its like playing my own Supermarket Sweep.

Genuine Lolz :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Activated a few things on the app earlier and just realised the discounts didn't come off, can anything be done online or only go back to the shop to rectify their mistake?

Advertisement