Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭Alice1

Sparko wrote: »
    How is Sean affording an entire house by himself as well as a long trip to Italy.

Also I'm sure at some point while he was meant to be in Italy that someone in the beer garden of the Station mentioned they'd gotten a drink from Sean in the bar.
    Yes Sparko, I'm sure I heard that too!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Can’t stand Yates. , he’s such a misogynistic pig. He goes out with all these rough ones but u know he thinks he is way too good for them and like they should be actually grateful to him that he is interested in them. He makes out he’s this top detective but he’s actually terrible at his job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Catching up on tonights (Sundays) episode so here's my commentary as I go along.

Enunciated Juliet kicking ball along the path; aye; that's Mondos from the 5 a Side I presume? Seriously though they could work it into a story of soccer in the community that's not just for men; I'd wager the actress'd be a decent baller like....but it's been a while since I've seen anyone just randomly kicking the ball along 'em down any streets I'm on.....

As for digging @ Melanie; the court case concluded quite quick....normally a rake of adjournements before sentencing even at district court level; also since case is over and assuming it's a run of the mill one then it'd be reported on in the Carrigstown Echo.....which turns out to be a broadsheet.

Juliets "Selfie Ring Light"; wtaf is that when it's at home?

Young lad on bicycle who passed Juliet & Mondo nicked Noras phone.

Hang on; Rebecca O'Leary; is it a different actress? She was only in it in Springtime right? What ended up happening with Barry? Wasn't he due to make a donation to the Sarah O'Leary Scholarship Fund to make himself feel better or something?

The body on Sean; fair fecks to him; the actor is clearly keeping himself fit with his dance classes; I look at Barry Keoghan & legit think the actor who plays Sean could've gotten those sort of breaks be it in Love/Hate which could've led to further roles.

Who else is/was living in that place with Sean; I remember Leo & Dean & Troy for a bit but more recently?

Her Ma, Ger, tells her to play it cool, string it out & what does Hayley do? Tells Yates she knows........within a day or so.....

Alexs Ronnie.......da duq now? Lad I'd more bum fluff when I was 12!

Hayley will now go rogue; Gangsters Moll type character & will potentially try get Yates compromised in some way maybe?

Noel the Solicitor (getting more lines, bigger role now since the Will-Cristiano thing is dragging on; bit shocked FC haven't that wrapped up already ha ha!)

Doug & Erica in the preview clip; she thinks anywhere outside Dublin & Meath = the country.....cliched scriptwriting right there.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Doug and Erica are going to buy a house together now. They couldnt stand living together during the lockdown and now they're going off buying their own place! Not sure how they will afford a house in Dublin? I presume Dad/Dolores will be buying it for them.

Doug and Erica are going to buy a house together now. They couldnt stand living together during the lockdown and now they're going off buying their own place! Not sure how they will afford a house in Dublin? I presume Dad/Dolores will be buying it for them.

I thought they'd broken up!

Pete definitely had a look on his face there that suggests he's going to try give them the money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,021 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did Sean 14 day quarantine from his travels?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did Sean 14 day quarantine from his travels?

Of course not. It looked like he went straight from airport to the community center with his bag and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,272 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

So Dolores thinks anywhere outside Dublin is "out in the sticks".

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Doug's idea for a deposit for a house in Dublin is €12,000 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,021 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Can Yates and Ger just get it on already

• Advertisement

What a joke, they were fit to kill each other in lockdown, and just cause mortgage payments on a house in mayo will cost less than paying rent in Dublin, Doug thinks that’s a good enough reason to set up house with that imbecile Erika.

Making a mockery of what people really have to go through and I bet the prick will just get bought that house Sean is in by Doug and Delores. I suppose the house will be bought and them moved in by the end of the week...

Oh really hope Ger wipes that smile of Yates face but do feel she’s a bit panicked.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Can Yates and Ger just get it on already

She hates him, she rather kick him in the balls then do anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Oooooo the thin blue line between love and hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Is there really a market for Armenian translators?

Mondo and Melanie talking about going off to Armenia when travel resumes and a war just after finishing there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Noticed Yates recorded that exchange between himself and Ger.

Bit silly that 2 detectives meet in the local fast food place to discuss an accusation of corruption, and the person making the claim sitting at the next table.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

I thought Hayley was stupid but she’s just been upstaged by Erica. There’s no way a grown woman could ever be that stupid.

I thought Hayley was stupid but she’s just been upstaged by Erica. There’s no way a grown woman could ever be that stupid.
    Why didn't Dolores or Pete explain to her what they meant? She'll believe that for days now....

I don’t know much about Dublin house prices but is 510, 000 for Sarah’s mothers house? Would it sell for that in real life? Is it a 3 bed terrace house?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭con747

fin12 wrote: »
    I don’t know much about Dublin house prices but is 510, 000 for Sarah’s mothers house? Would it sell for that in real life? Is it a 3 bed terrace house?

Unless it's a Tardis like the community centre it would be a 2 up 2 down with the downstairs open plan.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

con747 wrote: »
    Unless it's a Tardis like the community centre it would be a 2 up 2 down with the downstairs open plan.

That price is crazy.
    Didn’t Pete say it was a bargain?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,185 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

fin12 wrote: »
    That price is crazy.
    Didn’t Pete say it was a bargain?

I think they are trying to highlight the crazy prices of houses in Dublin but Sarah's house is overpriced.

I think they are trying to highlight the crazy prices of houses in Dublin but Sarah's house is overpriced.

Ya but it doesn’t help then with Pete saying it’s a bargain and he said last night she should be asking for more, like I know rte are corrupt and in with the government but what are they trying to do here? Like why come up with a price like that? I mean at least when Sean was discussing the rent last night it was realistic.

Catching up on Wednesdays & Thursdays episode......

Whoever dressed Juliet should be shot! Not a stylist by any means but crikey that get-up should be gone.

As for Cagney & Lacey? Good cop, bad cop? Try not having a Clue O'Cop.

Erica thinking anywhere outside of Dublin or, at best, Meath, is "the country".....and Dolores using "the sticks".....

Why's the solicitor fella still sniffing about?

Pete & Dolores buying was so predictable; cue Sean having a canary if things work out the way they want it.....

Alexs Ronnie.........look it he's making an effort & it beats a lot of the Movember 'Taches I saw last month I guess?

Also I'd say yer wan Ellie is a bit ticked off; must be wondering when it's her turn; Jack too as neither of 'em've been on screen since the Autumn; is Juleit, Alex & Phoebe the FC youth quota & til they step aside nobody else gets a go during Covid filming?

pjohnson wrote: »
    Is there really a market for Armenian translators?

You'd be surprised; I can think of 3 Translation Companies off top of my head & they have a pool of 160 Countries/Languages.

Armenian wouldn't be the most popular but it means anyone fluent like Melanie is (and the actress herself is Armenian) could clean up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Sparko

With Doug and Erica looking at getting a puppy, it made me think, has anyone in Fair City ever had a dog? I guess it's awkward for filming but it's strange to have an entire community of characters and no-one has any pets.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Hatshepsut

With Doug and Erica looking at getting a puppy, it made me think, has anyone in Fair City ever had a dog? I guess it's awkward for filming but it's strange to have an entire community of characters and no-one has any pets.
    Cass had a little terrier when he arrived first. And yer man - Charlie's bestie yrs ago, Paddy Clarke - I'm almost sure he had a dog too.

Juliet looked ridiculous and what is with her voice / diction? It seems to change from episode to episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,386 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

The dog would be the best actor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement