Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Johnny Depp Vs. Amber Heard

• 08-07-2020 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84,788 ✭✭✭✭

darkdubh wrote: »
    Johnny Depp's popularity has taken a tumble with the Amber Heard thing. His career has been in steady decline for a while too.

James Franco and Paul Bettany brought in now, Winona Ryder and Vanessa Paradis have come to Depp's defence (his exs)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Depp was one of the coolest mutha****ers back in the day. There was some video of him in a wine cellar, dungeon. Johnny whispers muttering about Covid. I’ll like to see them both flown to an exotic island and shackled together until they find a cure for Covid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

The drama! What a toxic, bitter situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

I think he's innocent. Why go to all that bother of suing if he's not? It's not like anyone worthwhile reads The Sun. He's just bringing more attention to the slur. It must be the principle of the matter that concerns him. He's a noble, brave man with great respect for women, much like myself. Go...go Johnny go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

A quick google of info (in the public domain) throws up the following:

Johnny, blood brother of (hero): Keith Richards, buddies (perhaps more) with the freakshow that is Mary-lin Manson and the now wayward, thirsty, and pyramid owner, good ole Nic' Cage...
    Chances are the old (57yo) vampirsh Johnny sleeps upside down from roof beams, to keep his (outdated) youthful pirate look.

Young River Phoneix (sqeaky clean, with a strong anti-drugs view) passed away after attending Depp's (druggy) nightclub, and with no marks on his arms, one would expect from an overdose...

His 'The Viper Rooms' does seem to have a vampirish life of it's own regardless, no shortage also of reading material on Depp, although the quality of these publications are questionable at the same time...

Previous to all this recent celeb gutter stuff, JD defended the actions of the 'West Memphis Three' he reckons they are like 'totally innocent, like'
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/7301964/Johnny-Depp-defends-men-convicted-of-satanic-ritual-murders.html
    Perhaps Depp just lost his way after entertaining the (creepster) Polanski, in his 1999 movie: the Ninth Gate.

Or maybe he's a jolly good fellow who's lady simply had a bowel malfunction upon his bed.
    He's sure be a good larf when out on the lash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Seems to be a pair of them in it

• Advertisement

Seems to be a pair of them in it

Absolutely. They seem to be up there with Mia Farrow/Woody Allen and Alec Baldwin/Kim Basinger in the toxic couple stakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,851 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Definitely a pair of them in it.

I was taking his side more, until I read he "accidentally " headbutted her in the face though.

Will be hard to get past that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

I don't get it. If Depp hasn't been convicted of domestic assault then surely The Sun can't describe him as a wife-beater without it being libel. Maybe someone can explain it to me.

Sheridan81 wrote: »
    I don't get it. If Depp hasn't been convicted of domestic assault then surely The Sun can't describe him as a wife-beater without it being libel. Maybe someone can explain it to me.

Well, I reckon he’ll win personally for the reasons you’ve outlined here.

Sheridan81 wrote: »

No. OJ Simpson wasn't convicted of murder but it's not libel to publish that he murdered 2 people. Libel works on balance of probability and maliciousness. Convictions have a higher bar for proof.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

The sun is an awful rag anyway, the news of the world was shut down a few years ago, the sun should have gone the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,788 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The sun is an awful rag anyway, the news of the world was shut down a few years ago, the sun should have gone the same way.

The Sun on Sunday is The News of the World

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

She is a toxic woman just like all her #metoo friends. Johnny Depp was always a little marginal and interesting she wanted his money and now she wants to dis credit him for more money this time from the Sun as she is their witness. Appalling woman very bad judgement on his part to marry her.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,031 ✭✭✭✭neris

Id never heard of her before this but seeing her on the news she seems like an attention seeking high maintenance minor actress. Depp always came across as a bit out there and a nutter who liked a good time. Hope he wins and the Sun gets ****ed over financially

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Amber describes a 3rd person being in the relationship, that seems to take over Depp, and send him loopy and out of charachter.
    When you listen to his groaning on the airplane, associations and his murky background (inc the Viper Rooms) chances are the lad is possessed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,102 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

neris wrote: »
    Id never heard of her before this but seeing her on the news she seems like an attention seeking high maintenance minor actress. Depp always came across as a bit out there and a nutter who liked a good time. Hope he wins and the Sun gets ****ed over financially

Looks like he didn't.
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/uknews/13082970/johnny-depp-wife-beater-loses-libel-case-amber-heard-12-times/

Poor Capt'n Jack Sparrow. remember Depp first from the cop on 21 Jump Street. But a warning light appeared in my head when they had to go to all the effort to rescue the pet dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

So sorry for Depp

• Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭screamer

Dunno with this one, seems to be so much he said, she said, flimsy enough evidence on both sides. Smacks of a nasty breakup gone wrong, although sounds like they made a toxic couple anyways.

spurious wrote: »

Can he appeal?

Did an assistant of him or her come out staying Amber was lying using her story for #metoo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Tsimiskas

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    James Franco and Paul Bettany brought in now, Winona Ryder and Vanessa Paradis have come to Depp's defence (his exs)

Johnny Depp loses libel case against Sun over claims he beat ex-wife Amber Heard

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Uers938f8dLP

He might be able to appeal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 paleoperson2

Johnny Depp has accused Amber Heard of pocketing $7M divorce settlement and repeatedly 'lying' about giving it all to charity - as letter shows LA children's hospital asking if she planned to honor her pledge

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9118921/Johnny-Depp-accuses-Amber-Heard-taking-7M-settlement-lying-giving-charity.html

Lying about giving money to a children's charity.

"the money was just resting in my account, it was strictly a non-profit making fudiciary account...". :rolleyes:

The case has started

• Registered Users Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭jj880

Watched some of Depps testimony this morning.

Since the metoo movement really blew up with Weinstein in 2017 any time an abuser was outed there were plenty of other women that came forward with further allegations. With Depp not one woman came out in support of Amber Heard. In fact the opposite happened. Every woman who spoke up about her relationship with Depp backed him and said the Johnny they knew was nothing like Heards account. I mean come on even the woman he cheated on with Heard came out and supported him.

My opinion is Amber Heard jumped on the metoo bandwagon in 2018 when she published her Washington Post piece. She tried using a fabricated version of her marriage to Depp to further her career and it should blow up in her face if there's any justice. The staged photographs she put together as "proof" of Depps abuse in the London court case were completely laughable. No-one wants genuine victims to be afraid to come forward or have their abusive experiences called into question but Heard's account of her time with Depp is so far over the line that it's really quite scary to think that she could suffer no sanction over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Anyone watching? I'm off work this wk and my nose is glued to the screen. At the moment JD is being crossed examined by Heard's attorney. All he has is text messages. Some dodgy ones where JD is calling her a whore etc and saying he'd fck her corpse and a lot of drug talk but not really contradicting what he said on the stand yesterday. He's discussed his drug taking and apologised for some of his dark humoured texts saying it's the way he deals with stuff but that he is never violent. It'll be a long time before I forget some of his horror stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I was watching some of this on YouTube. Listening to some of the recordings, the woman is completely unhinged. Just watching her body language, demeanour is unsettling. Her saying I didn't punch you, only hit you then completely berating him for it. She is a truely horrible person, hopefully she gets what's coming to her

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭jolivmmx

It will be interesting to see career-wise, what will happen to the respective parties and whether the legal fees will destroy the loser

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Weezer22

I hate the way they keep pushing the fact that he has struggled with addiction. Yes, he was an addict- but that doesn't automatically make him an abuser.

I do think he made mistakes and I don't think he was a saint in that marriage either, but he doesn't deserve to have his name dragged through the mud either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭jj880

Advertisement