Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things made from Soy

Options
  • 15-11-2003 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Tofu
    Yik lik do
    Beancurd
    Soy milk

.... err anyone else know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Soya sauce?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭weichen

Soy sauce,It is made from soy,hehe
    and many other stuffs, I like soy milk, it is good for your body.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭crowbar

i prefer rice milk over soy milk, a cleaner, less gluggy taste methinks, though it's so much harder to find rice milk in dublin city centre.

isn't tofu = bean curd?

some of the 'meat substitutes' are made from soy, like soy hamburger patties. i've never understood why my vege friends bother with the stuff, they might look like meat, but they sure don't taste like meat. though i've never seen them sold in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Emerson

Originally posted by weichen
    Soy sauce,It is made from soy,hehe
    and many other stuffs, I like soy milk, it is good for your body.

You might be interested in taking a look at this..

Why Soy Can Damage Your Health:
    http://www.mercola.com/article/soy/

I'd look for almond milk for a really healthly Dairy/Soy alternative

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭weichen

That is not true.He is a lier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Emerson

He has put forward alot of research to the contrary..

Have you read it? What has he to gain from lieing? What evidence do you have to say that he is lieing?

Soy means big money, and where money is involved, truth goes out the window..
    It's not the worst food in the world, but it irritates me when I see it promoted as something that will do wonders for your health, when it clearly has few benifits and quite a few risks.

Another site:
    http://www.soyonlineservice.co.nz/

"Have you ever wondered about soy? It's promoted as the miracle food that will feed the world while at the same time prevent and cure all manner of diseases. But what if all you've read about soy is nothing but a multi-million dollar marketing strategy based on scanty facts, half-truths and lies? "

Advertisement