Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Keep this forum alive

• 07-09-2003 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭

Come on it's dead like, ask questions, don't be afraid!
    And also tell all your friends about it! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭walt

had a drum strick and brain started clickin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

I once knew a japanese person. I suppose that is slightly different from a chinese person, what with the geographical difference, and the entire communist-capitalist thing. But whatcha gonna do.

So, what's communism like?

EDIT: On reading this again, it seems seriously racist. I'm not racist. Demeantor told me to post something, so I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Please read the charter no muppetry, trolling or anything similar allowed Barry and Walt0r, I won't give you two a warning this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭ezpzie

If you want, I can get my friends to post it in chinese school/ICIC. I warn you now though that you might get a lot of kids on and a lot of nonsense.

Ok please do that. I'm up for the task of it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭ezpzie

Okay, I told them, be warned of juveniles all and please be nice!

Thanks, hopefully this place will be buzzing soon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭albertw

Originally posted by Demeant0r
    Come on it's dead like, ask questions, don't be afraid!

Not really surprised that its not that active. The group is in Society > Languages > Chinese and therefore is dedicated purely to the Chinese language(s).

Perhaps boards.ie need to look into having say a `Society > World Cultures` category.

If people had general questions about chinese culture (eg. whats with all the dragons and why dont they look like western dragons? How exactly do you make aromatic duck?) then they would be more likley to post in a cultural fourm rather than a language fourm.

my 2 cents anyway, perhaps there is a good reason why there isnt a cultural section, I've never understood boards.ie policies on some things!

Cheers,
    ~Al

I agree, but the traffic seems to have increased significantly over the past 4 days, hopefully it'll get busier.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭crowbar

well, it might technically be a language board, but if a discussion doesn't really belong anywhere else then i reckon it might as well be asked here! we've already talked about the moon festival after all. anyway, if demeant0r thinks you've started something that should be somewhere else then demeant0r (as god of this board :) ) can always move it to somewhere that's more appropriate.

/me thinks we're doing all right, we're ahead in post and thread count (right now) of everyone else apart from english, gaeilge and français. though it's quality that counts, not quantity. we can see everyone who posts stuff, but how many of you others are lurking out there?

• Advertisement

You could say I'm the mini-god of this forum :), but the big big god are Devore and Cloud and the admins

Advertisement