Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Will you help shoot my wedding?

• 20-07-2017 8:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I all,

I am getting married in October 2017 in Dublin City, and wonder if there is anyone out there that would like some experience in photographing the event. We are two brides with 60 guests, more of a smart casual affair. I don't have much of a budget but hoping you would rather do it to add to your portfolio. I don't mind at all what you do with the photo's, just that I would like a digital copy. I will have a couple family members who will take pictures, and I will do some too, but I'm very happy for a couple other keen photographers to capture candid photo's of the guests and can get in on the posed photo's too.

Please let me know, I would love your input.
    Thanks,

Phillipa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Congratulations on your wedding but I don't think you'll find many people willing to do photography work for free (this kind of request is a touchy subject in the photography world!). Photography equipment is expensive, many people have insurance on their equipment which is also expensive. It also takes a lot of time to organise and edit photos not to mention the cost of the software needed to do this properly.

If you aren't willing to pay for a photographer then just stick to your plan to ask family members to take pictures. No photographer that you have asked to be there will want to be playing second fiddle trying to compete with your family members for photographs. If you want a good photographer then pay for one and if you do happen to find somebody who will do it for free you will get what you pay for!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 U_Phillipa

Hi The Gatsby

Thank you for your reply. I think I was just hoping for new photographers who need to build up their portfolios and are happy for the experience, as I know that's what I did when I started getting into it. I was always asking for free or cheap work to practice on and put in my portfolio. I know you mostly get what you pay for, but some beginners are really good! Despite that, I know that if you take enough photo's you're bound to get a small handful of really good one's. And I'm not expecting any huge big gear, just a DSLR and Photoshop or equivalent. No big lights or flash' or sets, just a person and their DSLR who either wants to manipulate the digital photo's later or pass on the RAW files for me to do. I do have a small/medium budget for the right person but would rather negotiate that with them if needed. I was hoping to gauge interest first.

Thanks,
    Phillipa

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement