Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭GBX

When is the new Xbox out ?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,990 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

how much will i get if i trade in an xbox 360, an xbox one and half a packet of jaffa cakes against the cost of a new one x?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

how much will i get if i trade in an xbox 360, an xbox one and half a packet of jaffa cakes against the cost of a new one x?

Have you got the original box for the jaffa cakes?

Have you got the original box for the jaffa cakes?

No, I bought that off him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭JoyPad

What's the best use for an XB1 that I will no longer play on?
    Media Player in the living room?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

JoyPad wrote: »
    What's the best use for an XB1 that I will no longer play on?
    Media Player in the living room?

Bookend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Bookend.

I only have one. And most of my books are PDFs or Kindle files.
    Did you maybe think of a presse-papier?

JoyPad wrote: »
    I only have one. And most of my books are PDFs or Kindle files.
    Did you maybe think of a presse-papier?

Use the Xbox as a clipboard?. Or do you mean poids du papier.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Hi guys, I was thinking of buying the PlayStation X scropion edition, what advice do you have that I probably won't end up heeding anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,508 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Hi guys, I was thinking of buying the PlayStation X scropion edition, what advice do you have that I probably won't end up heeding anyway?

I'm waiting for the X-Station Double X to be released.

Qpp86CZ.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Proud owner of a Scorpio edition. Had to bust a gut to get to GameStop in order to make it before closing. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Clara B

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Clara B wrote: »

Just a heads up you can delete posts completely.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I just found 800 Xbox Live Microsoft points in a drawer, I assume they are worthless now?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,121 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

mik_da_man wrote: »
    I just found 800 Xbox Live Microsoft points in a drawer, I assume they are worthless now?

Try redeem the code and see what happens, I redeemed some less than a year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Clara B wrote: »

This is in the running for quote of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Try redeem the code and see what happens, I redeemed some less than a year ago.

It used to be about 10 but I think they put an expiration on them. Worth trying to redeem it though!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

ibFoxer wrote: »
    This is in the running for quote of the year.

In fairness, there's worse posts on boards.....

amadablam wrote: »
    It used to be about 10 but I think they put an expiration on them. Worth trying to redeem it though!

Tried it on xbox, but it sent me to microsoft.com but the region dos not match my profile, so it's not expired...

My region used to be US, but is Ireland now on Xbox, so maybe my MS account needs to follow suit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I got an Xbox One S as a present last Christmas. Previous to that, I had an Xbox 360 which only ever got used for FIFA. I have started using my One a lot more recently, and I need some game suggestions! I've played and finished Battlefield 1 and 3 in the last month or two, and I'm currently downloading Titanfall 2. What are everybody's top 3 Xbox One games? They can be old or new games. I obviously have a lot of good titles to catch up on, but I just don't know where to start! I'd be looking for single player games mainly, as I don't play online. And I'm also not a fan of the GTA series

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

BDJW wrote: »
    I got an Xbox One S as a present last Christmas. Previous to that, I had an Xbox 360 which only ever got used for FIFA. I have started using my One a lot more recently, and I need some game suggestions! I've played and finished Battlefield 1 and 3 in the last month or two, and I'm currently downloading Titanfall 2. What are everybody's top 3 Xbox One games? They can be old or new games. I obviously have a lot of good titles to catch up on, but I just don't know where to start! I'd be looking for single player games mainly, as I don't play online. And I'm also not a fan of the GTA series

Sunset Overdrive, for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,772 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Ori and the Blind Forest
    Sunset Overdrive
    Ninja Gaiden
    Overwatch
    Destiny

Loads more but these are some of my favourite.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,121 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If single player is what you want you'll be hard pressed to find a better game than Witcher 3. Game of the year was on sale for 20 euro recently so keep an eye out.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    If single player is what you want you'll be hard pressed to find a better game than Witcher 3. Game of the year was on sale for 20 euro recently so keep an eye out.

Cracking game.

Incorrect format link deleted :)

My mistake .. .I thought it was the xbox one version which I had previously bought. Sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,990 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Sunset Overdrive
    Ori And the Blind forest
    Guacamelee
    Mad Max - I loved this, and anyone I've convinced to play it has felt similarly
    Witcher 3

EDIT - Dying light, plus its expansion - fantastic game.

Put on an adult nappy. Turn off the lights. Put on the headset.

Dead Space.

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Tried it on xbox, but it sent me to microsoft.com but the region dos not match my profile, so it's not expired...

My region used to be US, but is Ireland now on Xbox, so maybe my MS account needs to follow suit...

Got onto chat and they sorted it.
    Credit of 9.60

Good job I just didn't throw it out!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Thanks for the suggestions lads, looks to be some good games there. I particularly like the look of Destiny and The Witcher 3.
    I’m also thinking of getting Gears of War 4, Doom and Halo 5, are they all worth a punt?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement