Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there paid shills, hired trolls, and web bots on boards.ie?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Interesting links. It gets kinda scary when more and more people are getting their "news" from, and basing their opinions on, randomers on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭Wheety

The transport Unions have a few accounts on here :rolleyes:

There definitely are, and they can't do anything about it.

It basically works with thanks and supporting opinions, and "insane" posters from the "other side" to make that side look stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

FG pay me money to manipulate public opinion on sites like here, politics.ie, Twitter. Not a huge amount of money, but it’s tax free and it covers my gambling habit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Bargain Alerts, brought to you by Xiaomi

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

All news is fake.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Interesting links. It gets kinda scary when more and more people are getting their "news" from, and basing their opinions on, randomers on the internet.
    It is very scary.
    I read yesterday how Brexit is a plot by the Germans to lead us towards a WWIII in order to help push the German manufacturing industry. Apparently the French are helping as they have been promised billions by German banks.
    This was backed up by so many facts in secret research papers which are being withheld by governments across Europe.
    Our governments are complicit and lying to us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

FG pay me money to manipulate public opinion on sites like here, politics.ie, Twitter. Not a huge amount of money, but it’s tax free and it covers my gambling habit.

Waste of money as no one pays a blind bit of notice to you anyway.

In fact who are you, I've never seen this username in my life before.? :pac:

But seriously OP

Book2.jpg?w=771

Fine Gaels frape room.

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2013/03/07/fine-gaels-frape-room/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Rick Shaw wrote: »
    Waste of money as no one pays a blind bit of notice to you anyway.

In fact who are you, I've never seen this username in my life before.? :pac:

But seriously OP

Book2.jpg?w=771

Fine Gaels frape room.

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2013/03/07/fine-gaels-frape-room/

That’s me on the right. Just a young whipper at that stage, Banjo. Innocent times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    All news is fake.

That’s probably the most accurate statement on the internet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Imagine getting paid money to talk pure shíte online and trying to explain it to the folks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Imagine getting paid money to talk pure shíte online and trying to explain it to the folks :pac:

It’s called social media marketing, and it’s a perfectly valid career choice :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Dont people generally just comment on topics theyre interested in though? :pac: I exclusively post in threads and forums I have interest in..youll never see my post in forums I dont like

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

wakka12 wrote: »
    Dont people generally just comment on topics theyre interested in though? :pac: I exclusively post in threads and forums I have interest in..youll never see my post in forums I dont like

I dunno. I occasionally post in the circle of hell known as After Hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Prune Tracy

HonalD wrote: »
    It's not though. I agree the media needs to be questioned but soundbites like that go too far the other way.

If an incident occurs and it's just reported - no opinion given - where is the fake news?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭eezipc

Plenty of Shinnerbots as they are known.

Plenty of pro-life accounts operated from the US.

Problem is nothing can be done about them.
    So basically, anyone who disagrees with you is a troll?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    All news is fake.

And a lot of 'History' as well...it just depends who gets to write it.
    "Fake news" is as old as when humans first learned how to lie.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Biggest lickspittle on boardz

Really? I'm curious to hear more about this. Is it a full time job? Or just leading up to elections etc? Would you be getting a few hundred a week or is it an extra tenner here and there on occasion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

But it is well known that SF/Pro Life/Iona operate troll accounts.

FG/ FF/ Lab/ also do it. The Journal is troll central.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Gearbest were shilling here as most know banned and reviled...then they went legit, paid boards cash-money and now have a forum.... dishonesty pays!
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Its probably better than not getting paid and still posting pure s***e. No explanations necessary, people either agree somewhat with your opinions or your a looonatic anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

HonalD wrote: »
    It's not though. I agree the media needs to be questioned but soundbites like that go too far the other way.

If an incident occurs and it's just reported - no opinion given - where is the fake news?

You keep believing that. I don’t. Always consider the source of the “report”.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

We live in a paranoid age.

By the way the hysteria over social media is hilarious. Lots of journalists are planted with stories or have links to the internal security agencies. During the attempt to oust Corbyn in the UK from his Labour Party leadership nearly every single journalist was singing from the same hymn sheet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭ Madalynn Tasty Barrier

I always took one of the posters in the politics section as a putinbot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

All those shills like Sky Anna, eir Kevin and that other one Ask Aib, are just soooo obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Yeah I'm an honest hard working law abiding citizen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

I have a friend who worked in the office of a local TD, and he told me that his routine involved going online in the morning and checking RIP.ie, then politics.ie, boards.ie and the journal.ie.

RIP was to check in case there were any funerals that needed to be attended, and the other 3 were to monitor any growling that was being done about this particular TD.

6 years ago I complained about a particular FF politician on boards.ie, 2 weeks later I received a linkedin friend request from him.

There are plenty of political trolls on boards, it is easy to notice the pattern of comradery among them. See Irish Water threads for details.

Advertisement