Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tusk's Walrus - Le Reveal

• 14-10-2019 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭

Ladies and Gentleheimers

500_F_170192393_Kar3IyDaC6yb5an73iSOefiuOnpNsZx2.jpg

Welcome to the Walrus Reveal Thread...

I have received the anonymised list from Master sKeith and listening is underway!

I had said I'd listen, reveal, listen, reveal, however I want to do the reveal with actual names, so reveal will begin after all scores are determined and I've received the real names from SK.

I spend most of my days listening to music, so it shouldn't be more than a few days before we kick off.

With that, a reminder of what's goin on...

1. The Pinger
    There are certain songs that just have an astronomical effect on me. No matter how many times I hear them they evoke a serious level of emotion in me. Send me a song that does the same for you. Happy, sad, excited, it's up to you.

2. The Changeling
    Ever have a song you just know you hate. You don't know why, but you do? Then somehow for no apparent reason you start humming it when it comes on. All of a sudden you're actively seeking it out on Spotify or YouTube? Submit a song you initially hated but then grew to like.

3. The Blackhole
    Being a fan of classical music and Pink Floyd, you've gotta enjoy those songs that last a bit longer than your regular top 40. Gimme a song that's at least 7 minutes long.

4. The Obscurial
    We all have a couple of songs that we think nobody else we know has heard. It feels great, but do you share or keep it to yourself? Well in walrus you gotta share. Send me the most obscure song you think I'll never have heard of.

5. The Belter
    I ruin my neighbors' evenings regularly by belting out some of my favorite songs on guitar, singing my head off. My favorite things to sing are songs with a lot of emotion. Songs that you can hear the passion in. Gimme a song to learn and add to my arsenal of choons to squeel my little brains out to.

Excited to get this going. Good Luck and God Speed

Comments

First

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

First

Wolf!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Second first!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Change of plan!

I've figured out how to do anonymous round reveals, so we'll go back to the original idea of listen/reveal/listen/reveal.

Currently on song 16 in round one, so could potentially be ready for Round 1 reveal in a day or two.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

^ I read that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

UnevenCraftyEft-small.gif

I found it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I found it ;)

tenor.gif?itemid=11754526

(yes, I'm getting jealous of all the South Park gifs in the WW sign up :p )

tenor.gif?itemid=11754526

(yes, I'm getting jealous of all the South Park gifs in the WW sign up :p )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I stumbled in here is this Tusk's reveal thread? I can't remember if I entered or not :)

• Advertisement

Pretzill wrote: »
    I stumbled in here is this Tusk's reveal thread? I can't remember if I entered or not :)

I guess we'll see in the coming days. Start tuned to find out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Pretzill wrote: »

None of us entered, we're just here for the craic

...or are we? ;)

Finishing up the last few first listens of round one and some of my comments are.... let's say.... pointy?

There are some songs in this group that have really disappointed me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

tusk wrote: »
    Finishing up the last few first listens of round one and some of my comments are.... let's say.... pointy?

So what time tonight? :D

fixXxer wrote: »

Might get it started tomorrow :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

giphy-downsized-large.gif

This Gif is coming out very early :D

1. Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

fixXxer wrote: »

I reckon that chain 1 will finish the MS Paint game before we get a reveal :pac::pac:

2. Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

PSA, I won't be constructing any nice snippets to explain my choices. I'm writing my thoughts as I listen and you'll be getting those unabridged. :D

3. Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I'd say I'll be disappointing you in every round :pac: I dont have enough songs listened to to give broader answers :(

4. Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

And first listens are done. You know what, it's a decent mix. Lowest score was 4 out of 10. One song nearly got a 10.

5. Advertisement
    6. Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

And first listens are done. You know what, it's a decent mix. Lowest score was 4 out of 10. One song nearly got a 10.

tenor.gif

7. Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Necro wrote: »
      I reckon that chain 1 will finish the MS Paint game before we get a reveal :pac::pac:

Too soon ;_;

8. Registered Users Posts: 20,339 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Mines the 4 :)

Tbh, I expected to get a lower score than 4

9. Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Rikand wrote: »
      Mines the 4 :)

Tbh, I expected to get a lower score than 4

That was only the first listen... Second listen underway and I think some scores are changing. (have hidden score 1 and first notes, so I don't know what they've got already)

10. Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Yeah well I’m new around these parts and don’t know how to please you yet!

11. Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

adox wrote: »
      Yeah well I’m new around these parts and don’t know how to please you yet!

At least you know and have played music before :pac:

12. Posts: 0 [Deleted User]

If mine is one of those then I say disappointment is the strong emotion I was conveying, and thus I really deserve a high score!

13. Posts: 0 [Deleted User]

I spent weeks prepping my entry for Rikand's Walrus, and about 13 minutes for this one.

I know I'm coming near the bottom of most categories here, and do I care one bit? Well, yes, as a matter of fact I do :o

Looking forward to this.

14. Posts: 21,679 ✭✭✭✭ [Deleted User]

I feel confident.

15. Advertisement
    16. Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Advertisement