Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Churchlands Delgany Development

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 runtastic

Kniq127 wrote: »
    I was just told that there will be two fixed options: Type A without a bathroom at the attic, with gas heating, less items included - for around 485+ and type B will be higher spec, heat pumps, en-suite attic with prices above 500k.
    Kniq127 wrote: »
    Starting from 485. The agent said Type A 485k (I think he also said it might be a bit more depending on which location within the site). Type B has more included so he said at least 25k more. I am not sure if it has been decided which houses are Type A and which Type B or if you can choose the "finish" type.

thanks for your reply. its a harry potter world with these agents. :) 485K has variations too :) more to explore on saturday. have a good day

• Registered Users Posts: 9 rodrigo_santos

Just had a look for the showroom it's way better than what I saw previously in SeaGreen, it seems the quality of materials are better, the stairs, the kitchen, the backyard sides are like walls instead wood fences, one downside is no convertible attic for Belmont houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Just had a look for the showroom it's way better than what I saw previously in SeaGreen, it seems the quality of materials are better, the stairs, the kitchen, the backyard sides are like walls instead wood fences, one downside is no convertible attic for Belmont houses.

How did you manage to get sneak peak before tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 rodrigo_santos

I already bought a house in Belmont in the first phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Digdogs66

Any idea when phase 1 will be complete? Just wondering how long till phase 2 starts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Overpriced, but smart looking homes in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 VegggieMonster

We arrived there at 1pm and all houses had already been reserved��. Smart move by developer as the show houses are beautifuly positioned (see view front, mountain view from the garden) but it is beginning to feel a bit like during the hight of celtic tiger with people buying 500k 3 bed houses of the plan like smart TVs on sale��. Wishing all who reserved their dreamed houses the best nonetheless.

pixbyjohn wrote: »

Hi,

Happy Sunday all! How was the experience for those who visited the launch site? Raleigh has option A and B for 485k, 500k and 500+.. and there was no south or west facing gardens. Did anyone book anything ? When is the handover if booked? I will wait till a cancellation comes out.

• Advertisement

2011 wrote: »
    Overpriced, but smart looking homes in my opinion.

I too felt it’s overpriced. Builder wants to max out on help to buy and has given options based on gardens and interiors. Are you going for one ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

runtastic wrote: »
    I too felt it’s overpriced. Builder wants to max out on help to buy and has given options based on gardens and interiors. Are you going for one ?

No.
    I like them but I have my own over priced house and it is nearly paid for. I am very happy where I am and I just couldn’t face another mortgage, ever.

Reserved one of the Raleigh houses. Only the North facing gardens were available for 485k but still happy enough.

As others have said the site is really nice with great views in every direction. 485k for a well finished 4 bed house seems like the best deal on offer currently

Reserved one of the Raleigh houses. Only the North facing gardens were available for 485k but still happy enough.

As others have said the site is really nice with great views in every direction. 485k for a well finished 4 bed house seems like the best deal on offer currently

Congratulations!

They look nice. Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭dannyc31

yeah congrats. myself and my partner saw them yesterday. beautiful homes. put our names down for any cancellations.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JuJu2020

We reserved a Raleigh with a north facing garden also. The views from the estate are beautiful. Whoever gets one of the showhouses is very lucky. We had reserved a house at Eastmount with a South facing garden for 575k but gave it up for a house here. The garden aspect just wasn't worth the 90k difference for us! We currently have a north facing garden and we get sun until 7pm in the summer so I'm hoping we get lucky again high up in Churchlands.

JuJu2020 wrote: »
    We reserved a Raleigh with a north facing garden also. The views from the estate are beautiful. Whoever gets one of the showhouses is very lucky. We had reserved a house at Eastmount with a South facing garden for 575k but gave it up for a house here. The garden aspect just wasn't worth the 90k difference for us! We currently have a north facing garden and we get sun until 7pm in the summer so I'm hoping we get lucky again high up in Churchlands.

Congrats !

Hi, I have reserved one of Releigh with east facing garden. So far all looks Good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DiningAlDesko

Hi, I have reserved one of Releigh with east facing garden. So far all looks Good.

Congrats! Did you manage to reserve on the day or have there been cancellations already?

• Advertisement

Congrats! Did you manage to reserve on the day or have there been cancellations already?

I did reserve on the day.

Thanks and congrats to you too. The houses with the east facing gardens looked great .. you get a cul de sac with a green on that road. Your kitchen will be lovely and sunny in the mornings. Did you get any dates for completion? They were quite vague with us and said Spring/Summer. Going to ring again tomorrow and see if I can find out anymore. It was all very rushed on the day.

Thanks and congrats to you too. The houses with the east facing gardens looked great .. you get a cul de sac with a green on that road. Your kitchen will be lovely and sunny in the mornings. Did you get any dates for completion? They were quite vague with us and said Spring/Summer. Going to ring again tomorrow and see if I can find out anymore. It was all very rushed on the day.

Yeah. I was told spring-summer next year. I will call up Lorcan or Jackie tomorrow and will clarify on few points. It was all In a rush on the day. I am interested in gas fitted hob but didn’t get a clear answer.

Yes there are definitely some questions to ask ! Have a long list here myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭dannyc31

i'm curious, those who managed to secure a home yesterday, what time appointments did you get allocated?

also when you arrived was there already a crowd or was it fairly quiet as only those with appointments were on site?

and lastly when you went to secure to home did you have to do a direct money transfer of the booking deposit into the builders solicitors account there and then in the office or is this followed up on this week?

thanks

dannyc31 wrote: »
    i'm curious, those who managed to secure a home yesterday, what time appointments did you get allocated?

also when you arrived was there already a crowd or was it fairly quiet as only those with appointments were on site?

and lastly when you went to secure to home did you have to do a direct money transfer of the booking deposit into the builders solicitors account there and then in the office or is this followed up on this week?

thanks

We were 13th in the queue and had an appointment at 1030. By the time we got into the booking office, I think 3 of the east facing and 2 of the north facing homes had been reserved.

We didn't transfer the booking deposit there and then, going to do it in the morning.

Yes the details were extremely vague which was a bit annoying. The East facing houses at least had foundations and some blockwork started but the north facing houses don't have any groundworks started so I would think spring/summer 2021 would be highly optimistic.

While the East facing houses are on their own cul de sac they a very overlooked by the houses behind them, which is made worse by the elevation.

Yes the details were extremely vague which was a bit annoying. The East facing houses at least had foundations and some blockwork started but the north facing houses don't have any groundworks started so I would think spring/summer 2021 would be highly optimistic.

While the East facing houses are on their own cul de sac they a very overlooked by the houses behind them, which is made worse by the elevation.

True. I liked cul de sac and green area opposite east facing garden houses. Do you think privacy topic is worth checking with agents in advance? Thanks

True. I liked cul de sac and green area opposite east facing garden houses. Do you think privacy topic is worth checking with agents in advance? Thanks

Ah to be honest the east facing would probably get more consistent sun and is a little more private out the front of the house. Pro and cons to both.

• Advertisement

We were 27th in queue (rang for an appointment 10 mins after email went out) and there were only two north facing Raleighs and one Belmont to choose from at that time. It was fairly quiet at that time too.

Advertisement