Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Millerstown, kilcock

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭JKGT

Just wondering how people find the mgmt company in this development? Looking at a similar development with similar costs regards maintenance fee. Has there been any issues at all?

You might be better asking someone from the development your looking at unless you know it's the same company?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

JKGT wrote: »
    You might be better asking someone from the development your looking at unless you know it's the same company?

Current development is more or less a building site as still being built and only a few occupied. Just looking for feedback as how these companies work and if they are worthwhile. Millerstown is a similar development sold by same estate agents with more or less the same spiel about Mgmt companies on their pricelists. I suppose the estate has more time to settle in at this stage so maybe you have seen the effects of this company?

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Pete123456

Does anybody have an idea of when the next phases are due to launch? Is there a long term plan that the EAs would disclose?

Just looking at the site plan and map I’d love to know what the estimated dates and the order of release.

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 i-brought-sexy

Pete123456 wrote: »
    Does anybody have an idea of when the next phases are due to launch? Is there a long term plan that the EAs would disclose?

Just looking at the site plan and map I’d love to know what the estimated dates and the order of release.

Thank you!
    we just purchased one of the houses last week and will be in for Xmas. Originally we were looking at the larch type and she showed us ones that will be ready early next year as well. Not sure if that helps at all. But I think its gonna be a big enough development with houses being launched frequently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

we just purchased one of the houses last week and will be in for Xmas. Originally we were looking at the larch type and she showed us ones that will be ready early next year as well. Not sure if that helps at all. But I think its gonna be a big enough development with houses being launched frequently.

Do you mind me asking what type of house u bought? We bought an Alder type a few months ago and were given Sept as a completion date but now it’s Jan.

You only bought last week and you will have it before Xmas?? Was it a cancellation ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 i-brought-sexy

Rock77 wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking what type of house u bought? We bought an Alder type a few months ago and were given Sept as a completion date but now it’s Jan.

You only bought last week and you will have it before Xmas?? Was it a cancellation ?

Can I private message you?

We heard that the mgmt co maintain your property up to the front door, is this true? They power wash the driveway and maintain the grass and flowerbeds etc? I heard this is about 450 per year, is that true?

Also, can anybody recommend insurers or brokers who will provide home insurance including flood cover? Tried three large ones and no flood cover included?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭social butterfly 2020

Also, can anybody recommend insurers or brokers who will provide home insurance including flood cover? Tried three large ones and no flood cover included?

Let me know how u get on. My brother cant get cover either.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭noellinnane

Hi, I'm getting quotations at the moment also. I spoke with Zurich this morning who said they will provide flood cover if we can obtain a letter from the county council to confirm adequate flood protections are in place. Im following this up with Connans to see if they have something to hand.

I know someone in previous post said they went to an insurance broker and got cover, so that might be next step.

• Advertisement

Hi, I'm getting quotations at the moment also. I spoke with Zurich this morning who said they will provide flood cover if we can obtain a letter from the county council to confirm adequate flood protections are in place. Im following this up with Connans to see if they have something to hand.

I know someone in previous post said they went to an insurance broker and got cover, so that might be next step.

Could you please send me a copy if you can get similar? I’ve requested all of this and full technical and engineering information from Coonans also. I can do the same if I get it first, but I really don’t think it’s unreasonable to get a full copy of everything that was conducted and reported...

Yes those in Rye water mentioned Glennons brokers but I called them yesterday and he gave a provisional quote with Allianz of 800 pending confirmation of flood ins with the underwriters which is ridiculous

I would rather not be tied to a single broker/insurer either...

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭noellinnane

Pete, Coonans have a "policy proposal form" for Zurich, you should contact your person in Coonans to get it sent to you. Fill it and return it to Coonans, then Zurich will contact you directly. They'll email the form to me today and we'll see how that goes.

Has anybody in the development been able to convince the builder to add some additional electrics? Car charging point etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Has anybody in the development been able to convince the builder to add some additional electrics? Car charging point etc?

Was no go for me unfortunately, maybe if the house is still in early construction and you’ve all contacts signed than maybe, we held back on contracts as do not like unconditional contracts so we were unable to make any changes

I was under the impression that this was now a requirement in order to get planning permission. I know Glenveagh ran connections to every house in Ledwill Park

I was under the impression that this was now a requirement in order to get planning permission. I know Glenveagh ran connections to every house in Ledwill Park

It seems not... they must have managed to satisfy the eco criteria without it

It seems not... they must have managed to satisfy the eco criteria without it

Cant see how with gas heating?. Ledwill has the heat pumps.

Can anybody who has moved in tell me where each of the network cables run to? I see 12, but is that 2 to each bedroom, 2 to living and one to each hall?

Thanks!

attachment.php?attachmentid=535525&d=1607378872

• Registered Users Posts: 5 StaDoo

Hi, does Anyone have the dimensions for the Alder? Looking to get my floors sorted, but the EA said they don't have any dims available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Keade2010

HI All

recently bought the hazel ready in April, struggling to get some dimensions to get a quote on the floors and so on.

also would anyone have some advice where to get the tiling & carpet done, we where put in touch with the contractors tiler but seems a big high

many thanks

keith

• Advertisement

Keade2010 wrote: »
    HI All

recently bought the hazel ready in April, struggling to get some dimensions to get a quote on the floors and so on.

also would anyone have some advice where to get the tiling & carpet done, we where put in touch with the contractors tiler but seems a big high

many thanks

keith

We’re in a similar boat and we thought the same. I was able to find plans for the P type house (hazel) on eplanning but I can’t guarantee they are bang on. They might be a good start though?

I had a link but it seems to have expired unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Keade2010

We’re in a similar boat and we thought the same. I was able to find plans for the P type house (hazel) on eplanning but I can’t guarantee they are bang on. They might be a good start though?

I had a link but it seems to have expired unfortunately.

Hi Pete

Yes I bought a hazel also couldn’t find the dims on the mentioned site.

Have you the dims to hand by any chance. Have you moved in yet or have you bought in the same phase as myself ?

Yes my quote was high have you gotten many quotes for work to be done yet ?

Need tiling done and carpet for upstairs.

Thanks again for the reply

Keith

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nataliaheloina

Hi,

I was wondering if someone has the Beech dimensions? We bought one that will be ready in April and we are also struggling to get the dimensions.

Many thanks!
    Nat

Hi,

I was wondering if someone has the Beech dimensions? We bought one that will be ready in April and we are also struggling to get the dimensions.

Many thanks!
    Nat

Google planning permission Meath online, click the map and search for kilcock, have a look at the green dots on the map and click view planning docs - this opens the eplanning file. Click view scanned docs and there should be elevations and plans available. You might need to look through a few but you should get a good idea of the beech.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nataliaheloina

Google planning permission Meath online, click the map and search for kilcock, have a look at the green dots on the map and click view planning docs - this opens the eplanning file. Click view scanned docs and there should be elevations and plans available. You might need to look through a few but you should get a good idea of the beech.

That’s perfect Pete, it really helped. Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Menchie711

Yea We’re in a birch type house, the new styles are very like the Cairn homes 3 beds, long and arrow,
    The alders and the birch have great characters! We went for the birch because of the sitting room and master, but loved the kitchen/living area of the alder.

Hi,
    We put a deposit to a birch type house. How do u find it? I like the Layout of it.the stairs is hidden,unlike the other houses that when you open the door you can see the stair. We just saw the virtual tour and we like it so hopefully it's the same

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lhrd

Hi all, does anyone know if there is any available 3 beds left or will there be another phase in millerstown?

Thanks
    Lisa

Lhrd wrote: »
    Hi all, does anyone know if there is any available 3 beds left or will there be another phase in millerstown?

Thanks
    Lisa

From what I’ve seen there will be a lot more houses built based on the planning applications - unless they’re refused which I doubt. I would also expect more 3 beds to be released in the current phase... they just haven’t had a chance to build them yet due to lockdown.

If you look at the millerstown website, the houses in grey on the map or brochure haven’t even been started yet - a good chunk of them are three beds.

Before Christmas the agents wouldn’t release the, until they were within approx 6months of completion though. That could mean they won’t release for a few months until they can catch up with those already sold, or indeed they might release a few early to pull in some cash.

Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lhrd

Thanks for your reply Pete. Hopefully I'll be able to secure a 3 bed in the next phase fingers crossed. It looks like a lovely estate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Tony K1983

Hi, myself and my wife have been looking lately at moving from Dublin. We love Millerstown as it's one of the few new build housing estates that has a spacious feel to it. Most we've looked at in Naas etc are quiet built up and feel over crowded. Question is does anybody have any contact for the agents looking after the estate? We've sent numerous emails in regard to interest and the only information we've had back is that if we've a house to sell they probably wouldn't allow us to put a deposit down in Millerstown as they'd prefer to deal with First Time Buyers... We're confident our current home would sell without hassle and we'd wait until something becomes available in Millerstown. We just need to speak to someone who could help...

Advertisement