Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to stop thinking about stuttering?

• 29-08-2014 11:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Hello all,

My speech is about 95% when i not thinking about what im going to say next but when i asked something and i have to think about what i have to say or if im asked to repeat something i just said, i just cant speak i just lock up for a few second and have to jerk my head or arm to get talking again!

Has anybody else got this kind of problem?
    What have you done to make it easier to live with?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

Exact same problem myself. Giving a prepared speech in front of a group can be a nightmare. The more you think about it the worse you get. So jsut think about something else. For me i just try to concentrate on breathing correctly. Thats tends to relax me a little. Or maybe the hypnotherapy i had all those years ago actually did work.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 arold10

Hello all,

My speech is about 95% when i not thinking about what im going to say next but when i asked something and i have to think about what i have to say or if im asked to repeat something i just said, i just cant speak i just lock up for a few second and have to jerk my head or arm to get talking again!

Has anybody else got this kind of problem?
    What have you done to make it easier to live with?

I think that if your speech stands at 95%, it means that you're very close to fluency. So you should capitalize on that in order to increase your confidence.

Advertisement